Wiki Posts
Search

To truggy or not to truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default To truggy or not to truggy?

So in my Nitro life, I have owned a Traxxas Jato 3.3 that I fully customized and took a 5308 Revo and converetd it to a full Revo Platinum with an ABmoded 3.3, Vantage Carbon chassis...you know all the bells and whistles. Well now looking into a truggy since most the MT classes are VERY hard to find. I have really been favoring a Losi 8T 2.0. What are everyones thoughts on this truck? Should I buy the kit or RTR? Pros and Cons? I already have a Futaba 3PM so dont really need or care for the Spektrum. Is the RTR mill for 2.0 any good? I am really just opening this thread up for ideas and suggestions on what truggy to run. Lets keep it chill and remember, lets try to respect everyone opinions here...Thanks!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I am "new again" to this hobby...lol. I have been out of the game for about 9 years, so alot has changed.... I just bought the Losi 8-T 2.0 RTR on Monday and after a couple days of break in, I have been very pleased. The only thing I have noticed is bad fuel milelage, but I believe its due to the .28 engine. I bashed around on my local track with a couple race roller 8-T 2.0's and a RC8-T and I was right there with em... a few times they had to catch me... My opinion, for the money, and what all it comes with, u can't beat it... worse case sell the radio system and buy a few hop ups.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by icucmerc
Well I am "new again" to this hobby...lol. I have been out of the game for about 9 years, so alot has changed.... I just bought the Losi 8-T 2.0 RTR on Monday and after a couple days of break in, I have been very pleased. The only thing I have noticed is bad fuel milelage, but I believe its due to the .28 engine. I bashed around on my local track with a couple race roller 8-T 2.0's and a RC8-T and I was right there with em... a few times they had to catch me... My opinion, for the money, and what all it comes with, u can't beat it... worse case sell the radio system and buy a few hop ups.

soon if i were u get a .21 engine in the long run it will save u money in
fuel
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default To Truggy!

The MBX6 is phenomenal IMO, and Mugen just announced the M-spec version which comes is a race roller. They also have a kit version for about $20 cheaper. If you have any questions about the truck just ask i'll do my best to answer. Good luck with whatever you decide on!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Roller-Truggy
Old 12-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have both the Mugen MBX6T and the Losi 8ight-T 2.0. Both are good vehicles and are capable of winning with the right driver. The Losi 8ight-T 2.0 parts do wear quickly compared to the Mugen. The Losi does like to have some play in the parts but even then the parts do wear quite fast. The Mugen setup is tough as nails. In my area the Mugen parts are harder to come buy compared to the Losi. So I would check the hobby stores in your area to see what they have if you need to have a part fast. I order most of my stuff online but when I need a part fast it's nice to have a hobby store that supports your vehicle. I personally like the Mugen more then my Losi so if you are going with the kit/roller department that's were I would go. That's my opinion though.

The RTR 8ight-T 2.0 doesn't have the best run time but for the price is probably the best vehicle you can get. I didn't need the radio either and sold it for $200 and put that towards upgrades. What the RTR 8ight-T 2.0 needs the most is new servo's and aluminum shock caps. Once you do that the vehicle is solid, of course once things break or wear out replace them with the roller stuff or something better. The starter box that comes with it does the job without a problem and I upgraded it to a 4S Lipo and the things just works.

I would also look at the other companies such as Hot Bodies, Jammin, Xray, and Team Associated. All of these units are capable of winning with the right driver and are awesome units. The Hot Bodies D8T being the cheapest kit of the bunch is still an awesome vehicle. What you can do also is go to your track and see what people are running.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey there Rick, I would say check to see what most other people run at the track. It would suck to buy a losi, only to find out no one else runs one. If you get something that the majority runs, if you ever need a part, most people will give you what you need, or sell you it. Also check and see what your LHS carries the most of. That is very important as well.