Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glue on the outside of the tire.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)
Default Glue on the outside of the tire.

Hey guy is there any way you can take the dry glue off from the outside of the tire? I bought a set of wheels/tires mounted and the person that i got it from probably put to much glue on the tire and it spill onto the tire. I know that doesnt do anything to the tires but i like having my tires looking nice and clean mounted on the wheels.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not really....just run them till there bald and mount new one's yourself.

this is 1 more reason i wont buy pre mounted by "some one"

you never really know what the bead will look like till you get them in your hands.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Armorall will make them look great!!!! LOL JK .... Tag body spray will make them smell Dericious!!! Yes I said dericious!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if you go out in the warmup before a race the glue will come out after 1 or 2 laps because the glue will not flex with the tire and it will break.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If it's really getting to you, then get some acetone and put it on a rag and rub,rub,rub. BTW finger nail polish remover is acetone if your going to go cheep. Don't foget the Tag or at least Old Spice for the Bling. The guys in the pits will love ya' and the lady with the hot dog stand will chase you.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Y'all are really going overboard with this "Tag" thing... I think I have a headache now. (probably from smelling all the Tag at the track mixed with nitro fumes this past weekend...)
Old 12-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

+1 use nail polish remover. Buy AKA's next time. Mine have allways been glued good and only need one piece of bubble yum gum to balence.

We were mixing Goof off, Buggy grip, and Tag body spray on our slicks so that the wet clay of the indoor track at Ashtabula, Ohio sticks to the tires. Weird stuff.

Clay on clay = grip, where at other indoor tracks we try to find a way to keep the clay from packing on the tire! (extra tag body spray.)

At Akron indoors were using Goof off (label goo remover, yellow metal can red top), and tag body spray.

Cool thing about indoor tire treatments is that you can see cool spots spinning around on the walls and everybody gets real happy and silly. Except for that poor guy who sees himself covered in snakes/spiders. One in every crowd.

I want to be dericious to.