R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Tech Prophet

Default magizines only showing electric

whats the deal with these magazines cateing to electric now its starting to fluster me i like reading there magizines but come on i might have to write to them about that,i dont mind getting new people to the hobby but i mean if,they kept on doing that soon or later its just gone to be the same old guys
racing nitro and not new ones what do u think about that.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
whats the deal with these magazines cateing to electric now its starting to fluster me i like reading there magizines but come on i might have to write to them about that,i dont mind getting new people to the hobby but i mean if,they kept on doing that soon or later its just gone to be the same old guys
racing nitro and not new ones what do u think about that.
I truly hate saying this but I think Nitro is a dying breed
I personally love to run nitro and cant imagine going electric but due to the cost of running a nitro vehicle I can see why people want to go electric. With that being said I can also see why the magazines are showing more electric. If they think that is the way the industry is going then they would be silly not to get out in front of it or at least follow the trend because then they would lose business.

But then again I dont purchase any RC mags I rely on you guys to support my RC knowledge, what am I thinking
NeoNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Tech Prophet

i think with new guys yea they will proberty go electric but i think there will still be nitro buffs like me and nitro guys running the nitro 1/8 class and 1/8 truggy but there will proberty be a sepreate electric class for the 1/8 i dont see in 2010 but in 2011,i actullay spend hardy nothing on nitro just basic
clutch shoes and bearings once in a blue moon and if u buy a cause of fuel that should last long so i dont see how it cost all that much ,the magizones lost a consmer thats for sure,i used to run electric i just dont see the point.
in a quiet way to fast for anybody to control sorry.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Tech Master

funny to read that, because on the electric on road forum, most people complain about seeing only nitro off road cars in magazines because supposedly that's what attracts newcomers.

anyway you're right, nitro is old and dying.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
funny to read that, because on the electric on road forum, most people complain about seeing only nitro off road cars in magazines because supposedly that's what attracts newcomers.

anyway you're right, nitro is old and dying.

yea i heard that a lot before ,nitro isnt gone compely die from the racing seen u will still see racers that race 1/8 nitro buggy and 1/8 nitro truggy,just a sepreate class for the 1/8 electric buggy or truggy in 2011 or 2012. and i think the engine modders might have a say in that too,and not everybody likes electic reguardless so i dont see,everybody converting to that

Last edited by tc5 man; 12-04-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i actullay spend hardy nothing on nitro just basic
clutch shoes and bearings once in a blue moon and if u buy a cause of fuel that should last long so i dont see how it cost all that much.

and you race how often ? Expert class ?

Maybe one day you'll under stand that a case of fuel might last a couple races (2-2 day events) at Most for a regular/higher level racer and that even 1 case of fuel at 100$ you can buy One or 2 lipo's that will last 1000 cycles in a E vehicle.

the higher the level of competition...the More you will spend...plain and simple.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

no sportsman class what does that have to do with it i did race every weekend,but my local track closed so everyother weekeed,i know a case of
fuel has 4 gallons in the box right so if that is the only reason why i would
see it going that fast is if your running a truggy and a buggy, yea but u have
to admit some guys just throw things alway that dont need replacement
at all ,i did race in a pro club level class on onroad electric that is,yea but i still dont
see every single person going to electric by then there will still be the nitro buffs,like
me racing in 1/8 buggy
Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

speaking for myself..nitro for me...not to mention all the mad funds in support equipment needed to run them..box load of lipos,chargers,balancers,esc's,brushless motors,heat sinks,power supplys,lipo sacks,this connector,that connector,this and those balance leads,field equipment,generators,voltage regulators,cutoffs switches,runaways,amps,volts,ohms,kilovolts,overhe ating,swelling,program this and reprogram that!goood lord you can have it all!
give me my starter box,glow driver and jug of fuel and im good to go.
now i remember why i took a break from flying heli's
Old 12-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
Tech Prophet

hell yea man! and than the fact u have to worry about swelling and i seen that happen to and he cheaged them right,on the lipos and balanceing and all that no thank u been there
done that with electric the only electric i will do is slash and indoor 1/18
or 1/16 racing u dont need to do any of that with them

Last edited by tc5 man; 12-04-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i too hate saying this but due to many companies coming out with 1/8 electric nitro i beleive will eventually die off. but it is one of those things

you could always add sound effects to the 1/8 electric cars.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
i too hate saying this but due to many companies coming out with 1/8 electric nitro i beleive will eventually die off. but it is one of those things

you could always add sound effects to the 1/8 electric cars.
yea but do u still belive actually that every single person will do electric,
and nobody do nitro offroad i just dont see that it wont be for while down the road anyways.yea i dont like fake sound effects lol,i mean not everyone
likes electric reguarless
Old 12-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

no but i do think that at some piont the major event organizes will start to fad the nitro classes out. not everyone will change to electric and not do nitro at all i will be one of those people who compete in electric because i have to to be able to race but i will still now and froever run nitro. it is just the simplisity and ease that nitro brings to the hobby that make it so appearly. would it be great to turn up at a race and not have to tune the engine, heat the engine up, constantly clean air filters, hopethat you hae enough fuel because you forgot to buy some the day before and just things like that. i know of a least one person in our club that is going all electric because of the ease of electric.

i am not saying it will happen in the near future or at all but it is a big step in which i think the hobby is going to make.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
no but i do think that at some piont the major event organizes will start to fad the nitro classes out. not everyone will change to electric and not do nitro at all i will be one of those people who compete in electric because i have to to be able to race but i will still now and froever run nitro. it is just the simplisity and ease that nitro brings to the hobby that make it so appearly. would it be great to turn up at a race and not have to tune the engine, heat the engine up, constantly clean air filters, hopethat you hae enough fuel because you forgot to buy some the day before and just things like that. i know of a least one person in our club that is going all electric because of the ease of electric.

i am not saying it will happen in the near future or at all but it is a big step in which i think the hobby is going to make.

i dont race at major events anyway so lol just at club point races,to me cleaningair filters isnt really a big deal and i know most of the the engines
like novas and the rb etc hold a tune good and run good when u set it for
a spring time weather it usally runs the same inless the temp drops at whole
lot u know and if its winter out when its 30 then u really have to tune but
its just little turns on the needle thats it. but i have seen classes where they
had new cars come out and they were a dud so u never know
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Wake me up when electric starts having 30+ minute mains. Sorry, nitro isnt going anywhere.
I watched the ROAR E-Nationals and it was like watching paint dry, yawn......
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Wake me up when electric starts having 30+ minute mains. Sorry, nitro isnt going anywhere.
I watched the ROAR E-Nationals and it was like watching paint dry, yawn......

i know what u mean man i was watching the video of the practice they
had and i was boring,now expect the slash cause that is wheel rubbing
hacking class lol,il put it this way whould nascar and dirt bike racing,
do all electric no dint think so there whould be no viewers,if some
people do electric 1/8 i dont have problem with it just hope,
eventlly im 2011 or later have a sepreate class ,i think it would be
hard for them to make 30 minutes inless they can fiqure out
some kind of magic happen,where i race at anyways they only
do at the most 20 minutes minute mains.