Tech Master

This thread made my brain hurt.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
no doubt!

PS: thanks for the quick reply on sunday about the subscription! i didnt know you were gonna be sitting on your email on a sunday night

the work never stops eh?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
no doubt!

PS: thanks for the quick reply on sunday about the subscription! i didnt know you were gonna be sitting on your email on a sunday night

the work never stops eh?
Seems that way doesn't it. You're sub was sent in, so you should start getting the magazine. Not sure if it will be the one we are working on right now..should be.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Seems that way doesn't it. You're sub was sent in, so you should start getting the magazine. Not sure if it will be the one we are working on right now..should be.
its all good! just happy to have it!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Man is this funny and never before has it took me so long to read 8 pages of posts and understand what is what. The tracks I race at also put the nitro and electric 8th scales together and I really don't see that much of a adavantage either way. I just think if your a good driver you can wheel anything and win. IMO
Old 12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

your not the only one.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys I think that the miscommunication between everyone and TC5 is just a "language barrier" so let me give it a try.

TC5man- Wy r all. imean trying to get u to undertand" that 1/8 buggies and sc truks like slash talk needs to be understandable to everyine so that we n know what u meen. It may seem that everyone os beign meeen but we just want to facilitate(make available) talkin. With u so that we knwo what u mean whnen. u talk. about stuf like rc fuel and pit stops:." i m am sure that you are a awealth of information, and, knwoelded,, but we cant not understand what yo say about the moon, the earht "and" losi 1.0. if we cannott understand u then we wil miss your knowledge about the subjet that is being rapped bout. Trie and not takke ofenses since no one meens anything personal towards u.

Oh, and my take on the electric vs nitro- I do not think that e racers will kill nitro. It will be the enviromentalist who think that we are killing frogs and samamanders and polar bears with our hobbies. There can not be any excuse for putting all this pollutants and oil into the air after all! If you think that I am smoking crack then just look at the changeover from 2 stroke motorcross and PWC's to 4 stroke and all the small engines (such as lawnmowers) that have now been regulated by the EPA. The eco Nazi's will eventually get to our hobby too.

Wes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wgscpd
Guys I think that the miscommunication between everyone and TC5 is just a "language barrier" so let me give it a try.

TC5man- Wy r all. imean trying to get u to undertand" that 1/8 buggies and sc truks like slash talk needs to be understandable to everyine so that we n know what u meen. It may seem that everyone os beign meeen but we just want to facilitate(make available) talkin. With u so that we knwo what u mean whnen. u talk. about stuf like rc fuel and pit stops:." i m am sure that you are a awealth of information, and, knwoelded,, but we cant not understand what yo say about the moon, the earht "and" losi 1.0. if we cannott understand u then we wil miss your knowledge about the subjet that is being rapped bout. Trie and not takke ofenses since no one meens anything personal towards u.

Wes

Old 12-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wgscpd

Oh, and my take on the electric vs nitro- I do not think that e racers will kill nitro. It will be the enviromentalist who think that we are killing frogs and samamanders and polar bears with our hobbies. There can not be any excuse for putting all this pollutants and oil into the air after all! If you think that I am smoking crack then just look at the changeover from 2 stroke motorcross and PWC's to 4 stroke and all the small engines (such as lawnmowers) that have now been regulated by the EPA. The eco Nazi's will eventually get to our hobby too.

Wes

i dont think the (hipacrit enviromentalist), will get into the nitro fuel intil 2 years or more , than what will happen is it will be no oil and just (corn oil.) or whatever
as long as it isnt a extremly high price for the fuel than it will be fine.

but maybe it wont happen .

to me there really isnt that many people who run nitro hobby cars compared, to people raceing or just rideing there dirt bikes.

im not saying that 1/8 electric buggy will kill nitro 1/8 buggy there will be just a seprate class later in the years .
Old 12-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine too..WTF do folks think lectric power plants use to make power? I Build "Power Plants" For Lectric to be supplied..Hmm..They Burn Fossil Fuel, Coal, Gas, Waste, Hmm Thats a 3X1 Plant...Where you get your power from??

Whats it use to make power? Steam? Wind? Waves? Hmmm...did those sources get built on power from Steam? Wind? Waves? Solar? Etonal (CORN)? Methane? Electric? Nope..And they will not not for years..and years? How long does your pack last? What happens to all the frikkin waste we generate? Rubber? Hmm..I think that is from oil? Bearings..Mining..Evil Bastards! Plastic! Oh My..Oil? Hmmm Making anything takes resources..How bout your spandex..(LOL) at least we did not kill a cow to weave that? Or did we..Perhaps if we used what we consumed and nothing more, we would not be in such a bind...

Great Ship me my food stamps, (on recycled- 25% more percent energy to produce) paper (plus***How the hell does it get back to the fossil fueled plant that makes it "recycled")

Oh My...

Want Juice? Burn Nitro! it makes more power per Square inch, per ounce, than most things on the planet..Why? We (Humans) manipulate our enviroment to suit us..I do not want to go back to skinning creatures to keep warm...

Do you?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Prophet

man u are right about all them things u said,yea skinning creatres for warth
thats just weird and this isnt the stone age lol.

theres way more things that pollute than nitro fuel thats for sure,its just a tax payer scam.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Lord

are you old enough to pay taxes tc5 man ?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Integra
are you old enough to pay taxes tc5 man ?

what the hell thats supposed to mean yea im old enough to pay taxes.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have been an electric guy since I started. I could sit here and refute many of the bad things that have been said about electric, but there is no point. The nitro users are going to believe what they want. Likewise, I'm not going to talk down about nitro and try to "convert" people to electric because most people are already set in their ways. We're going to drive what we want to and believe what we want to, because that's how we learned, and that's what's comfortable.

I can see why nitro users might be concerned about the electric/brushless/lipo wave that seems to be sweeping RC. Change can be difficult. Learning a whole new system of equipment, conceding that the other side might have advantages, having to invest money in new stuff and ditching your trusty old noisemakers, er I mean engines (had to give you guys one shot in there!). There's two basic outcomes: nitro stays mainstream, or it goes. If it stays, then no worries for you guys, business as usual. If it goes, then there is probably a good reason for it, and maybe it's time to give the new system a try. Personally, I don't think nitro is going anywhere. Still plenty of support and plenty of die-hards and newcomers keeping things rolling.

The debate continues...
Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

just to get things straight, the EPA had nothing to do with the movement from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. you can still buy a 2010 2 stroke motocross bike, you can still race that bike in 2010 in any AMA event, even the pro motocross or supercross. The reson the pros and most local riders race the 4 stroke is because displacement advantage. that being in the way the rules are wrote for motocross in the lites class you can race a 2 stroke up to 125cc or a 4 stroke up to 250cc. thats Twice the displacement! in the primere class you can race a 2 stroke up to 250cc or a 4 stroke up to 450cc. That is the reson the 2 stoke are disapearing. why would you race a bike that makes way more power than your 2 stroke with half the displacement.

Thats like racing a buggy with a .15 against a buggy with a .21 fuel mileage aside. most guys would pck the .21 for more power.

The EPA had nothing to do with the dimise of the 2 stoke motocross bike and i highly doubt they will come after the hobby of nitro RC.

I know this becouse i am a hard core motocross racer who is just getting into the RC racing seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.