R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #106
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I get very flustered when people talk to me, whoever I have pitting for me have learned only to talk to me when it's time to pit. whenever some one tells me to slow down, or take it easy I crash. Last time was a real heartbreaker. it was a 1/8 final, I'm in 5th(last bump spot), 15 seconds on the clock. My mates say "take it easy you have the final bump spot", and what do I do.....case a jump. When I was turned right side up I flamed out and got passed by the car behind me.........Man was I mad at myself.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #107
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Chewing gum helps keeps your mind focus for some reason.
+1 i chew on gums all the time while racing, it helps but after the season, your jaw will look like silvester stalone's jaw (very muscular)
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #108
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1r killer View Post
i love the nerves comming up to 30 min in the main but i would prefer not to hear how i am going as it normally makes me think to much about the other trucks and thus makes me have stacks for no reason.. i have a couple red bull 20 min before my finals so i can concentrate that long lol but it is the race calls as how i am going i could do with out.
How do you do that?? I would be soooo shakey.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #109
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
I get very flustered when people talk to me, whoever I have pitting for me have learned only to talk to me when it's time to pit. whenever some one tells me to slow down, or take it easy I crash. Last time was a real heartbreaker. it was a 1/8 final, I'm in 5th(last bump spot), 15 seconds on the clock. My mates say "take it easy you have the final bump spot", and what do I do.....case a jump. When I was turned right side up I flamed out and got passed by the car behind me.........Man was I mad at myself.
ooh man i know what you are talking about, i hate it when people talk to me, i loose my concentration and start doing stupid mistake. now, all the guys know not to call my name unless its for fuel.
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #110
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
ooh man i know what you are talking about, i hate it when people talk to me, i loose my concentration and start doing stupid mistake. now, all the guys know not to call my name unless its for fuel.
I hate when your flip or the guy in front of you flips and the marshal falls strait on his face when going to pick up a car and you cant help but laugh at it.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #111
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude236 View Post
I hate when your flip or the guy in front of you flips and the marshal falls strait on his face when going to pick up a car and you cant help but laugh at it.
LOOL

my truggy was once stuck on the barrier on the biggest jump of our track, the marshall ran to free my truck and he kept sliding on the side of the jump 3 or 4 times you see him climbing climbing and boom, down he goes he looked so funny but i was super mad since i lost a couple of spots. thanks God it was only a qualifier or i would have killed him.
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #112
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
LOOL

my truggy was once stuck on the barrier on the biggest jump of our track, the marshall ran to free my truck and he kept sliding on the side of the jump 3 or 4 times you see him climbing climbing and boom, down he goes he looked so funny but i was super mad since i lost a couple of spots. thanks God it was only a qualifier or i would have killed him.
I hate when marshals are stupid, when they arent paying attentions or when they are playing around. Makes me pretty dang mad!
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #113
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ever seen a marshal trying to navigate a muddy track in trainers and an umbrella in one hand?

Now there's a sight.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #114
Tech Elite
 
wild gopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In the land of church stickers
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

vicodin works like a champ before a main!
wild gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #115
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Ever seen a marshal trying to navigate a muddy track in trainers and an umbrella in one hand?

Now there's a sight.
LOOL

was it Paris Hilton marshalling
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #116
Tech Regular
 
jeff_ellis_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grover, NC
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I find myself getting the nervous twitch too. Haven't figured out any tricks yet. I know its just the adrenaline. When im practicing im fine, but when race starts and they start yelling on intercom that im in 2nd or 3rd and how close I am behind the leader its all over for me, lol.

Im not sure about taking vidcodin, but is there any other kind of OTC pill you can take to help calm down nerves??
__________________
Team Losi Buggy
GO Tech 5 port RB Mods
AKA
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #117
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post
I find myself getting the nervous twitch too. Haven't figured out any tricks yet. I know its just the adrenaline. When im practicing im fine, but when race starts and they start yelling on intercom that im in 2nd or 3rd and how close I am behind the leader its all over for me, lol.


Im not sure about taking vidcodin, but is there any other kind of OTC pill you can take to help calm down nerves??
Viagra all the adrenaline will be in your lower body so nothing to worry about mind wise

no really, i dont think you need pills to calm down, chew on gums, it really helps. with more time on the track, i started to be less nervous and drives calmly from start of Quals to end of Amain. i chew on gums and hear nothing but my pit man. when am leading, i always think of lapping the guy infront and make sure not do mistakes.

if 2nd or 3rd, i tell myself that am faster and will catch up by driving smooth and clean. and by doing so, i managed to pull a 30min Truggy Amain with zero mistakes. i was amazed afterwords

just be confident of your car/ pit man and your driving skills.

i started the thread because i had the problem, now am giving advices, sweeeet

cheers
Ali
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #118
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

Lay off the sweets
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #119
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
LOOL

was it Paris Hilton marshalling
No unfortunately not, I would've done the deed first and then hit her in the face with my car.

It was a 4hour enduro race. Good fun, if you had as much stick time as me, i got off the track with no a speck of dirt on me. Others who were unfortunate enough to marshal when the heavens opened looked like they went 10 rounds with The Rock in a mud pit.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #120
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

About a 6 pack off beer as qualifying starts.. Then another beer every hour, will keep you nerves clamed down.. I doubt you drive any better, but you won't be nervous..
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associated RC12R5 Ferrarimk13 Electric On-Road 3811 05-08-2016 09:02 PM
Mugen MRX-4R Joe Os Nitro On-Road 1545 02-07-2011 02:55 PM
What is your racing weakness..... Jason Pelletier Electric Off-Road 90 07-29-2008 08:43 AM
EP OFFROAD NSW TITLES 2006 Jarred King Australian Racing 471 10-04-2006 12:54 AM
Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2 futureal Electric On-Road 2557 03-08-2005 02:41 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net