Wiki Posts
Search

How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
LMAO man i gotta try the antenna wacking thing, i run 2.4Ghz but ill just take any FM antenna with me and start hitting the guys

Ali
Hey bro,
dont worry, no stress because of you, last time i checked, you were 4 laps behind

cheers

Ali
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For Real)
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For Real)
Yeah man its for Real

Ali
Old 01-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

shit getting deep in here
Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default stay away

from the serious people who never help others and never have much to say that's interesting or funny. Surround yourself with uplifting and nice people who can make racing fun, not all serious like it's an F1 race. I've been racing a long time and it seems to happen that some guys who get sponsored or not tend to not help others and get too serious about racing. I have noticed als that there are many great people involved too. Just don't get mixed with the dull tire gluing look what I bought crowd....
Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
from the serious people who never help others and never have much to say that's interesting or funny. Surround yourself with uplifting and nice people who can make racing fun, not all serious like it's an F1 race. I've been racing a long time and it seems to happen that some guys who get sponsored or not tend to not help others and get too serious about racing. I have noticed als that there are many great people involved too. Just don't get mixed with the dull tire gluing look what I bought crowd....
You silly focker!!!! LOL.

To me RC racing is more about having a good time with your good friends , if you're all serious and just wanna win win win then it gets pretty stressful , but then again it has to do with your personality for the most part :-)

Happy motorin',
Monty
Old 01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

+1 on what Monty said,

its a hobby, i think people should go and PLAY winning is awesome but the time you spend with your buddies laughing and talking $hit is more valuable than winning. i ain't against winning, i just hate people who act really selfishlly by either not sharing the info or by not helping others to win, and BTW, they dont win because they are full of $hit and way too confident.

cheers

Ali
Old 01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Also get rid of the preppie teams jerseys (burn the futaba T's) and throw on a "Frankie says Relax" shirt thats two sizes too small.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

why 2 sizes too small?? man you dont wanna see me with a shirt that small, i'll look like a modded version of shrek
Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

phenobarbital, no not me, but the guys in the north hollywood shootout did. kinda worked well for them. the 1 had no problems off'g himself in the head when surrounded and the other taking auto and pistol fire in the back and legs while bleeding out

walk out onto the main straight, and if its clean, fall on the ground, flop around like a fish outta water, and quack like a duck. u just made urself look like an idiot in front of every1....it can only get better from there. not as good these days of cell phone cameras/videorecorders.

i dont practice with the sweet chiba, but i know some who do and sadly it does seem to work-but then again they always seem like that baked or not.

then there's the simple 1 of 'strawberry fields'. if u dont understand, dont ask.

R
Old 01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Isn't their someone with the screen name Phenobarbitol here?

I'm going to epoxy one of those brittle plastic stink bombs to the back of my SC10.

We race indoors, maybe that'll keep the momos from rear ending my truck.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Get some cooter and smoke a hooter
that's the weak mans way to get it done it's simple performance psychology guys, keep your mind on the task and your body will stay calm
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pitpop
that's the weak mans way to get it done it's simple performance psychology guys, keep your mind on the task and your body will stay calm
+1
sometimes, while driving in a longer race, you get to a point where you see nothing but your car and the track, you forget evrything else and focus on driving your car, you stop hearing the guys shouting next to you and everything become silent. IMO, i drive my best when i get to that point, one word can break my concentration though " ALIIIIIIIIII PIT FOR FUEEEEEEEL"

cheers

Ali
Old 01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

My nerves are always calm. Yea, the adrenaline kicks in nicely. But one thing that will help you a lot.... its only racing r/c cars, have fun, whats the worst that can happen, you lose? If you were a pro that got paid to do this, then i would understand.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1
sometimes, while driving in a longer race, you get to a point where you see nothing but your car and the track, you forget evrything else and focus on driving your car, you stop hearing the guys shouting next to you and everything become silent. IMO, i drive my best when i get to that point, one word can break my concentration though " ALIIIIIIIIII PIT FOR FUEEEEEEEL"

cheers

Ali
When in the Zone I also drive my best
Old 01-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

I agree man it's all in the head!
When i first started racing RC I would get really out of shape when things wouldn't go exactly as planned, afterwards, with more time and experience I learned to stay calm no matter what (even if my hands still shake i'm still in total control of the car). It get's to the point where i loose the notion of time and I'm just hitting fast consistent laps and after a while i look down at my mechanic to make sure he is still watching the stopwatch Because i get the impression that i'm doing the same lap over and over lol.
The best feeling is when you block out the announcer (and everything around you) and you just drive then you hear him say 1 minute to go and you're in first place
BEST FEELING EVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.