Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I chew gum...lol,and no matter how long you have been racing if you are in a tight ass battle you will get the nerves going.....
Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

A good crank in the toilets always calms me down before a big race, nothing like knocking the top off then all calm and race ready
Old 12-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sam-E
I find smoking a reefer calms the nerves down quite a bit, no more finger or leg shaking.

Remember there are young kids on here who need to know there are better ways to relax than using alcohol. Reefer is a natural plant that is controversial because of the tax dollars generated by Alcohol. If the govt. were to legalize "reefer"there would be a lot of space in the prisons for child molesters. now we wouldn't want that would we??? If you want to know where the sex offenders are you can find all of them in your neighborhoods, not prison. They have to leave room for people who sale a plant. You know a lot of cops think Alcohol is cool and "reefer" is bad ????? Aint that some sh-t?????? Sooooooo how do I feel about "reefer"??? Stay tuned for the next great adventure of REEFER MAN, and find out why the stars twinkle!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Talk sh!t on the drivers stand maybe that will help. JK
That Works.....
Old 12-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd like to know who doesn't get nervous.
It's funny how about 1.5 to 2 years ago I could run flawlessly in warm up, but as soon as the race started, I'd always get into a bad wreck on the 2nd or 3rd lap, and I'd spend the rest of the race catching up.
But then a not so funny thing happened to my family, Basically we found out that my dad was Dieing of End Stage Liver failure. The thought of losing my dad was inconceivable before then. After finding out about this I started thinking about my father a lot more, and how he has impacted my life. It also turns out that I did most of my thinking right before a race, and even though It almost brought me to tears to think about him, it helped calm me down and get rid of my race Jitters. And believe it or not I have knocked off several flawless runs this year with little to no mistakes. My Father passed away 11 months ago and I still think about him before every race, but instead of holding back the tears, I let a few slide out, I claim it's because of the Nitro fumes if anyone asks.
It's too bad that this was the way I was able quash my race jitters, but I like to think my dads watching me all the time, so I like to put on a show sometimes.
It's a special time in my life right now, I'm expecting my first child, he's due to arrive sometime next week and in Honor of my Father, I've decided to name him Paul Anthony Leibman.

Sorry to get all mushy on you guys

I'm gonna have to go find some Texas football fans and talk some smack to make up for this display of Un-manly-ness. Go Huskers!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

its all good man^^^^
Old 12-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I can honestly say I don't get nervous but then again I shot competition archery for a number of years and shaking was not good for hitting what you are aiming at so I jusy do the same thing u I did shooting archery block out everybody and everything and concintrate on what I have to do
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I'd like to know who doesn't get nervous.
It's funny how about 1.5 to 2 years ago I could run flawlessly in warm up, but as soon as the race started, I'd always get into a bad wreck on the 2nd or 3rd lap, and I'd spend the rest of the race catching up.
But then a not so funny thing happened to my family, Basically we found out that my dad was Dieing of End Stage Liver failure. The thought of losing my dad was inconceivable before then. After finding out about this I started thinking about my father a lot more, and how he has impacted my life. It also turns out that I did most of my thinking right before a race, and even though It almost brought me to tears to think about him, it helped calm me down and get rid of my race Jitters. And believe it or not I have knocked off several flawless runs this year with little to no mistakes. My Father passed away 11 months ago and I still think about him before every race, but instead of holding back the tears, I let a few slide out, I claim it's because of the Nitro fumes if anyone asks.
It's too bad that this was the way I was able quash my race jitters, but I like to think my dads watching me all the time, so I like to put on a show sometimes.
It's a special time in my life right now, I'm expecting my first child, he's due to arrive sometime next week and in Honor of my Father, I've decided to name him Paul Anthony Leibman.

Sorry to get all mushy on you guys

I'm gonna have to go find some Texas football fans and talk some smack to make up for this display of Un-manly-ness. Go Huskers!!!!
I lost my Dad the same way in 2000. Sorry for your loss.If it helps you feel better sometimes talking about it will help make it almost enjoyable thinking about him at some point. As far as un-manlyness, I can tell already you are a real man and soon to be father! P.S. I'd rather hear a man talk about his Father anyday than Football.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I lost my Dad the same way in 2000. Sorry for your loss.If it helps you feel better sometimes talking about it will help make it almost enjoyable thinking about him at some point. As far as un-manlyness, I can tell already you are a real man and soon to be father! P.S. I'd rather hear a man talk about his Father anyday than Football.
Thanks, I appreciate it. anyway, sports threads get alot more heated then rc threads. So I stick to posting in rc threads, and just reading and laughing at sports threads.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Honestly, i bit put my lower lip between my teeth, and as soon as it starts, i probably bite it the whole race. I know, after the Proline race in October, my lip was hurting for a good week. It sucks, but it helps when i start driving stupid.

ETA- I learned to race in the moment. If you wreck, that moment has past. Just drive for that time, and dont worry about the past lap. Dont try to make up time, you will only cause more problems.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Drinking water during the race day def. helps compared to downing Mt. Dews.
Also selecting a nice playlist on your ipod works great too.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.zoloft.com/

Dont ask how I know..............
Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

yea exacty some people act like its like the end of world if there team is losing
etc and its in rc to with people talking to seriously lol hint onroad electric hehe
Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

everyone at our club seems to have a different way of dealing with the "pressure" of racing. some take it out on the marshalls quiatly and others do it loudly. some swear constatly and others wait until after the race and go and swear at they car. me i like to listen to music after a race and consentrate on my setup during a race. this helps me

you basicly just have to find your own way of containing those nerves. if you like you can try a different way of doing it during or after each heat. this will allow you to find out how you carm down and relax.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I also chew gum during a race, i never walk on the stand without some gum in my mouth, just seems to help me with nerves, and also having great mates around you at big races realy helps, talking sh#t is often a good destraction from the racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.