R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to MTclassPro
Default Nova Rossi RX21P5X

So how do you guys think this motor performs overall in a truggy?
I am looking for some responses to people who have ACTUALLY ran this motor, not "ohh I saw this guy at the track with one and it ran better than the high dollar engines"

All comments welcome on this motor, thinking about buying one.
Thanks !
MTclassPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Tech Regular

I have in fact ran this motor and still currently have it in my box as a spare. After 2 gallons of 20% I had to replace both bearings witch I thought was odd cause I broke it in correctly and motor never got hot and I always used after run oil in it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a person to buy, I only put it in as a spare cause I jumped on the GRP band wagon and when I blow the rod out of the GRP (cause you can't find them anymore) I will go back to it..........so I would buy it without concern
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have been running the P5's for at least 5 years now. I have run every version including the old top and rex versions and they have all been great. My race ported versions have been outperforming the Plus4's in every department including run times and it is actually cheaper to get a race ported P5 from me than it is to buy a stock plus4c which is all that is carried now per fusion motorsports. The stock P5 is a very decent performing engine and will push a truggy around no problem. A race ported P5 will push it even better and will also average 10-11 minutes versus the stock one averaging 8-9 depending on the tune, pipe, conditions etc. The big craze these days are the Plus4 and while they are a great engine even in stock trim, the race ported P5 takes it to the next level. I have actually sold more modded P5's than Plus 4's because when you can get better performance, longer run times and 10+ gallons out of them and it costs less to your door than a stock Plus4C, who wouldn't take it over the 4C. I have both turbo(XLT) and standard(XL) versions in stock so hit me up if you need anything.
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I run a hotmod p5xs with a nova 9886 pipe and long round header and it rips from bottom to top and gets over 10 mins on a tank!!!!! I run it in a xb808 but i put it in a mbx5t a few weeks ago and it had no problem at all ripping up the track!!
bcr500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

The 5 port design is definitely more powerful than the 4 port forsure , smoother ? No

I have ran the 5 ports for years also , to say they are my favorite engine would be true . You will not be disappointed on your purchase of a p5x/xs/xl or turbo button version of if you prefer turbo plugs . These are all the same design and can be "modded" or "tuned" or "race ported" to make a little more power over stock form . Most importantly is the 5 ports and pretty much most novarossi engines ability to change the characteristics of the engines with pipe/plug/clutch without really effecting the overall power output which means you can pretty much custom tailor the engine to suit your needs by exterior tuning.

Happy motorin',
Monty

Www.houstonsengineservice.com

sorry , i like smileys
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 12-04-2009 at 11:04 AM.
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I've run p5's for years.

Best motor period.
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I run the P5XS with a Dynamite 086 pipe and header in my MBX6T. It has too much power for most tracks in my area and gets about 11 mins per tank. I love it!
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I run the P5XS with a Dynamite 086 pipe and header in my MBX6T. It has too much power for most tracks in my area and gets about 11 mins per tank. I love it!
excellent combo
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the p5 is an awesome engine in truggy and mark from powerhouse would be a great place to get one his customer service is the best ive dealt with anywhere
littlelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to MTclassPro

Thank you guys for the feedback, I will look forward to see how this engine performs
MTclassPro is offline   Reply With Quote