R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDI BASS View Post
MAN, the learning never ends... that's a good thing right? But now I wish I'd NOT spent hours and hours taping every tire I own!

So, if I'm seeing wear in the middle of non-taped front tires or ballooning when accelerating out of a turn, I should thicken up my ??front?? diff fluid? Thanks in advance.

JJ
Don't want my question missed if this thread takes off .

Gizmo: that's the same method I was planning on using since I don't want my foams destroyed. I had heard 300 degrees and 400 degrees (10-15 min) from different sources, but NOT heard about foil, great idea! I thought 400 seemed high and could cause warping of the wheels, so 300 it is. Got my acetone from home depot the other day, so I guess I'll start un-doing all my work .
JEDI BASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah undoing and redoing glue work can be a pain and definitely some work. But I do enjoy things better when they work on par, or better lol.

400 is definitely going to be too high. It may work out with less time in the heat, but i dont know if i would be willing to chance it. If 300 doesnt work go to 325. 300 usually works well for me at about 12-15 minutes.

Using thicker fluid is going to change some overall handling. I believe thicker fluid in the front and also the center will help with ballooning.

Thicker front fluid may help with some on power steering, but may make the rear feel loose. However if your inside tire is ballooning like crazy, thicker fluid in the front will help this some.

Thicker center seems to make you looser overall going into a turn and the rear looser on exit. But it will also aid on power acceleration since it will let less of the power "diff" out to the front.

Its all give and take lol.
GizmoJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote