Wiki Posts
Search

WHICH MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Because you wasted your time posting this thread... and I was in a smart-aleck mood, as usual.

There really ARE a lot of good threads about engines on here if you simply take the time to read.

And the answer to your question is a matter of opinion, not fact. There is no "best" motor. It depends on driver skill level, type of tracks you expect to run on, type of car it is going in, and budget.
+1. It's all opinion. Find out what the guys are running locally and choose something you can get some help with, parts for, and is ok to tune. I started out with a speed motor. Probably not the best choice because of cost, but i'm still running that engine after 3 rebuilds. OS based engines run well and are ok to tune. Lot's of good inexpensive buggy engines on the market now. Seems everybody making a pretty good 5 port these days. Ed at EB Mods has the JS engine on the way. I've seen this engine on the track and on the dyno. At around 240 bucks it's on the top of the list in the bang for the buck category. Stock it has more peak power than my speed does. Plus it works great with a 086 dynamite pipe. Cheap!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
+1. It's all opinion. Find out what the guys are running locally and choose something you can get some help with, parts for, and is ok to tune. I started out with a speed motor. Probably not the best choice because of cost, but i'm still running that engine after 3 rebuilds. OS based engines run well and are ok to tune. Lot's of good inexpensive buggy engines on the market now. Seems everybody making a pretty good 5 port these days. Ed at EB Mods has the JS engine on the way. I've seen this engine on the track and on the dyno. At around 240 bucks it's on the top of the list in the bang for the buck category. Stock it has more peak power than my speed does. Plus it works great with a 086 dynamite pipe. Cheap!

COOL I appreciate all the feedback and I am sorry for the pound it comment but in order to search for motor info i would be reading through threads for hours and today i simply did not have the time. I do use the search for 98% of my questions.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenmonster
COOL I appreciate all the feedback and I am sorry for the pound it comment but in order to search for motor info i would be reading through threads for hours and today i simply did not have the time. I do use the search for 98% of my questions.
V-spec pro mods and ninja jx's are some good engines being used at your favorite track in Joliet. Odonnells are also being used a lot, obviously. You should have a lot of support for those engines at LH. In addition, there is a guy who knows a TON about the pro-mod that shows up to the track occasionally.

You really don't have to bother using the search function at all. Just go to the track this weekend. Much easier doing all the research there...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Novarossi is the finest quality that lasts and lasts.....

I and many other racers have found that Novarossi engines last and are really reliable. Not bad prices either. Italian made not Taiwan....
Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Blah... I'm not easily offended... no worries. lol

What is (honestly!!) your skill level? And what "type" of driving style- smooth? "Slideways?"

You should pick something that 1) Fits your driving style (the smoother you are on throttle, the more power you can effectively use... but then again, if you want to be sideways all the time, more power can be good) 2) fits your budget, and 3) something that other folks at your local tracks are running so you can both get help with tune and tell if something isn't right.

Almost anything made will be more than enough power, unless you go with the cheap junk that nobody runs anyway.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would consider the Alpha plus line of engines availible from TrackStar. They have a great price point, they run fantastic and they are a motor that will last! I have driven evrything from O.S. to Rossi to Collari to you name it and the Alpha motor is the real deal. Easy to tune and alot of power at a price that will blow your mind. Let me know if your interested.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Blah... I'm not easily offended... no worries. lol

What is (honestly!!) your skill level? And what "type" of driving style- smooth? "Slideways?"

You should pick something that 1) Fits your driving style (the smoother you are on throttle, the more power you can effectively use... but then again, if you want to be sideways all the time, more power can be good) 2) fits your budget, and 3) something that other folks at your local tracks are running so you can both get help with tune and tell if something isn't right.

Almost anything made will be more than enough power, unless you go with the cheap junk that nobody runs anyway.
I used to be a really good driver but I been out of the game for 6 yrs now i drive kinda smooth but sideways. It is hard to stay consistant. However, I am consistantly slow lol I am looking for balls ripping power bottom line
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

We have what your looking for!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

POST PIC OF MOTOR
Old 12-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by tech5
We have what your looking for!
+1

I know of at least 1 Novarossi sponsored driver that dropped them to switch to Alpha. I haven't had one myself, but so far I've heard only positive... and I've seen them in action, they're ballistic, at an entry-level-engine pricepoint.

That's probably my next engine... once the "baby Novarossi" I have gives up. I need a little more power than I'm getting out of it.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Novarossi P5XL, on a budget Novarossi N21R Under $200.00
Old 12-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

POST PIC OF MOTOR
here you go: http://www.rctech.net/forum/6438649-post77.html
Old 12-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Thank you sir! beat me to it!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Get this, save cash
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21551
Old 12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Get it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.