R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   brake linkage setup question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/348339-brake-linkage-setup-question.html)

Show871 12-01-2009 05:58 PM

brake linkage setup question

I have all the basics down, but was wondering once the brake engages, and puts pressure on the small peices of fuel tubing, how much more travel should you have beyond that point beyond the initial tube resistance? (I assume two much may stall out and fry servo) Again sorry for the goon ques! Losi 2.0, thanks.....871

awdcameolsx 12-01-2009 06:05 PM

What I usually do is set the brake to %75 epa on the radio. Then you set the brakes to the point where they arn't locked up but give alot of resistance(Makes the car roll to a stop). Complete break lock is bad for the servo and the car, as well as uncontrollable slowing. From there just add or subtract steering % based on the driving surfaces. I don't know about most but I like a little more rear break then forward.

O yea and only check your breaking in the car moving forward direction because it will act completely different in reverse. Someone help me out if I missed anything.

butch man 12-01-2009 06:06 PM

on dirt turn your brake epa down till the brakes stop locking up.

tc5 man 12-01-2009 06:40 PM

and also only have the throttle spring compress halfway or a little less not fully yea i like more rear brake than front it seems like u loose your rythem and loose your steering a bit too u still want a little front brake though not all in the rear

Show871 12-01-2009 07:25 PM

awsome.... thanks. I am not sure this is normal....when I apply brakes and rotate the wheels by hand It almost feels like the rotors grab more at a certain point of the rotor than others.....almost like its warped but I know its not.

Is this normal or whats likely to be happening?

tc5 man 12-01-2009 07:50 PM

my does that on eight when u pick it off the ground and and then u add more brake and it feels like theres not more brake and then u pick the rear or front off the ground and roll it and hit the brake and it feels like u added brake i think its proberty the brake capilers ethier need to be replace or sanded down
but its fine though when your running on the ground though its fine it will brake

jared52 12-01-2009 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Show871 (Post 6665807)
awsome.... thanks. I am not sure this is normal....when I apply brakes and rotate the wheels by hand It almost feels like the rotors grab more at a certain point of the rotor than others.....almost like its warped but I know its not.

Is this normal or whats likely to be happening?

Mine did that and it turned out to be a busted center diff bearing.