Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Z-Cars zmxb buggy kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Z-Cars zmxb buggy kit

how is this buggy kit is it worth it for 199 kit and is it race worthey thankshttp://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/147245.asp
Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is worth every penny. they are great. my son drives pro buggy and the owner of z-car usa in the southeast let him drive one for a tank and he was about 2 seconds a lap faster on it over his jammin x2 buggy. they are extremely tuff, i have yet seen one break and there are tons of them here in georgia. i would look at this website: http://z-carstore.com/catalog/
all you need to get is big bores or the stiff springs for the smaller shocks and they will be race ready. the sell ends on the 17th btw. the owner is a super nice guy and is willing to help with anything. hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by romax
it is worth every penny. they are great. my son drives pro buggy and the owner of z-car usa in the southeast let him drive one for a tank and he was about 2 seconds a lap faster on it over his jammin x2 buggy. they are extremely tuff, i have yet seen one break and there are tons of them here in georgia. i would look at this website: http://z-carstore.com/catalog/
all you need to get is big bores or the stiff springs for the smaller shocks and they will be race ready. the sell ends on the 17th btw. the owner is a super nice guy and is willing to help with anything. hope this helps.
wow thanxs alot i am gonnna puchese this or a hotbodies d8
Old 12-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

what would be a good engine for this kit
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On a tight budget? Maybe this one:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...G-Buggy-Engine

Or this one:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Standard-Plug

Or this one:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Plug-08-Spec

All 3 are decent engines.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

thanx weith the engines perfect for my budget they alll have good low tourque
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would go with the third engine. the first one is good but sometimes youll get a bad that wont last long. and the second one isnt that strong of an engine unless you get it modded then there great. i would also look at the jammin jpx .21, its a great engine my dad has one and it took 2 gallons just for it break in and we didnt have to break it loose everytime we tried starting it and the engine is very easy to tune, they are around $220. and also SH makes a good engine its all ceramic and it is also on the z-car usa site that romax gave you, it is around $250 and it has a very smooth power delivery, easy as crap to drive.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm new to the forums but not so new to RC, I have a old gold pan Team Associated RC10 buggy my father bought in 1984(not working lol) and 2 HPI Super Nitro RS4's (Well one for parts now). Its been a few years since I've been in the scene but I'm now ready for some buggy action (Bashing/Local Track if I can find one)

After seeing this thread I've decided to go ahead and purchase the SH ZMXB pro buggy kit, I haven't heard about this buggy until this thread, which prompted me to look into it further, I was leaning towards going with the Hot Bodies D8 but all the stories of CVD's and what not breaking held me back.

After some research it seems that this is a solid buggy and for the $199 price it would be a steal, hopefully this proves to be correct. I most likely will not have the this car fully running until the spring, but that gives me time to purchase everything else I need. Think I will drop a Werks .21 B5 into this.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iznasty
I'm new to the forums but not so new to RC, I have a old gold pan Team Associated RC10 buggy my father bought in 1984(not working lol) and 2 HPI Super Nitro RS4's (Well one for parts now). Its been a few years since I've been in the scene but I'm now ready for some buggy action (Bashing/Local Track if I can find one)

After seeing this thread I've decided to go ahead and purchase the SH ZMXB pro buggy kit, I haven't heard about this buggy until this thread, which prompted me to look into it further, I was leaning towards going with the Hot Bodies D8 but all the stories of CVD's and what not breaking held me back.

After some research it seems that this is a solid buggy and for the $199 price it would be a steal, hopefully this proves to be correct. I most likely will not have the this car fully running until the spring, but that gives me time to purchase everything else I need. Think I will drop a Werks .21 B5 into this.
make sure to order it by the 17th because thats when the sell ends. also i would purchase the stiff springs for the buggy if your not going to buy the big bores for it. and later on i would look into getting the extended chassis but that doesnt make a big difference but the shocks makes a HUGE difference.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i would go with the third engine. the first one is good but sometimes youll get a bad that wont last long. and the second one isnt that strong of an engine unless you get it modded then there great. i would also look at the jammin jpx .21, its a great engine my dad has one and it took 2 gallons just for it break in and we didnt have to break it loose everytime we tried starting it and the engine is very easy to tune, they are around $220. and also SH makes a good engine its all ceramic and it is also on the z-car usa site that romax gave you, it is around $250 and it has a very smooth power delivery, easy as crap to drive.

Wow the NR isn`t that strong huh? I think out of all of them its the best engine..I personally run one and have run many different types of engines..You can not beat the NR .It is the best bang for the buck

NR+ dynamite 086 pipe..Very smooth delivery,run time and good power
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

so is the kit better then the d8
Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slasher man
so is the kit better then the d8
IMO the D8 is a great buggy im not going to lie but they do have a major annoying problem with the axils constantly break but i think you can put jammin axils on it and it will be fine. but i think the z-buggy is a little better all around. everyone that has switched to the z-buggy from what they were driving (including losi,jammin, xray, etc.) pick up atleast a second a lap so thats saying something right there.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

F

Last edited by awdcameolsx; 10-08-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

On average the D8 is the cheaper priced buggy most of the time...

If I rated a buggy by only driving it once they all would be garbage...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

I agree, The first time I drove my d8 it did not feel good to me and made slight changes to It and it feels really good now. I dont think you can make a fair judgement on a buggy after one drive. Ethier car will be fine just buy one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.