fuel economy?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Questions?? fuel economy?

Werks Racing Team Line B5 .21 Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)

i think i have decided on this engine. how many minutes can i get out of this thing when its broken in then tuned up. it wil go in a mugen mbx6 m-spec. i will be running on a medium size track. the straight is about 130 feet long. then after that its mostly turns and jumps.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Prophet

sure u want the turbo plug though i heard they are kind of hard to tune but if your good at tuning its no big deal,really the run time depends on if your driveline parts are smooth and how u tune your engine but one thing that really helps is if you dont blip the throttle coming out of turn if you just let it roll and point and shoot that really helps my guess whould be probety 8 minutes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68peter
Werks Racing Team Line B5 .21 Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)

i think i have decided on this engine. how many minutes can i get out of this thing when its broken in then tuned up. it wil go in a mugen mbx6 m-spec. i will be running on a medium size track. the straight is about 130 feet long. then after that its mostly turns and jumps.
Take a look at the Werks B5 thread that I have on here. You should be able to get a good answer just by paging through there and reading peoples post but the overall consensus is 8-9 minutes on the low, low end and 11-12 minuted on the upper end. Obviously this greatly depends on pipe choice, tune, track size/style and your driving style but the only way I see you getting less than 8 minutes with a B5 is if you have a hole in your tank lol!

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing
Old 11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

with the b5, a smooth trhottle finger, and a medium sized track you should easily get 11 mins on a tank with this engine, its a pretty fuel effient beast