Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Does RTR mean Ready to "Race" or would I be wasting my time? >

Does RTR mean Ready to "Race" or would I be wasting my time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does RTR mean Ready to "Race" or would I be wasting my time?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardude04
Personally, I say to race a couple times before you do anything at all to the truck. Get a feel for what you need to upgrade, if anything. If you're still bouncing off the walls, the LAST thing you need is a stronger engine, or to go changing diffs and shock setup just to have the thing be a different truck each time you drive it. Just keep a few bucks in your pocket in case you need to buy a factory team shock tower when the stock one bends, or if you break the steering servo, etc.

I'll bet the first thing you change will be tires and steering servo. Tires will almost be necessary, but if your track has good traction and you drive like everyone I've ever seen go to a track for the first time (even if you have a lot of practice otherwise), nothing will be a better upgrade than some track time.

Heck, I've been racing for several years now, on and off, and still find myself wishing I hadn't wasted time on setup and just drove the truck while working on hitting the fast lines and getting more consistent.

-Eric
+1, when i raced i had the wrong tires on in practice and was bouncing off the walls so i put the hot tire in aand it was hooked. plus the stock motor and pipe are good together. once i race tuned the motor i lost a second a lap due to to much power. I say once you can do 4+ laps with out crashing then you can start changing stuff