R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nova pipes...

I have used the 086 pipe for a long time and it improves fuel mileage. It works great on the p5, or the bf engine too. Really it would work on any pipe that has good torque. If the engine has everything it would work great too. Like the os, or the 7 port toro nero. Now the 9853 mid range pipe is my favorite pipe. I'm running it on my p5 right now and it seems to be doing great. Look for the superstrong type to prevent bent stingers and flattened bottoms on the mud guard side. Top end engines that get up to 36-40 thousand rpms and a lot do, would love the 9853 or an engine with a good balance like the plus 4. Especially on a smaller to mid sized track or a track with a lot of turns and jumps in the turns. the torque pipe isn't really necessary unless a truggy might benefit from the extra torque with a top end motor or high gearing, don't forget about gearing and engine tuning, your engine may be a little lean and make a certain pipe seem great, but on the flip side a fat top end can make you think the engine and pipe are wrong. Overall I love the 9853 ss pipe with the short round header. It gives you plenty of torque without sacrificing top end. If you use the top end pipe on an engine loke the bf 3 port you might try the longer header to keep some snap, but over the years I like the short round header with either the mid or top pipe. and sure the dynamite pipes work good too. They come with the short round headers too.
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
Suspended

Anyone know what pipes like novarossi 9853 and 9901 do?

Also I heard that sirio makes 3 good pipes, 2013 2057 and ???? I know what the 2013 does but how bout the other 2 that they have?
Mxracer61/801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have a Sirio 2013 pipe set,does anyone know if I need a gasket or seal to connect the pipe to the manifold??It has a wierd connection on it and I don't know how it connects.Thanks..
If it does need some kind of seal,which one would be the correct one.
Or if someone wants to buy it off of me,it's brand new in the sealed package the way it came from factory.$65.00 shipped.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote