R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Questions?? ENGINE PROBLEMS

Hello to all members, I have an issue and I need some help. I have .21 Axe Rossi. The problem is when the engine starts it works fine, I mean practically perfect. The only problem I've got is when I stop the engine I can't get it running right away. I've tried turning the low speed needle to the left end also to the right nothing happens. Same thing with the high needle. Put in mind that the engine has done over 200 tanks. The piston, sleeve and rod have only about 3 gallons. The bearings have 8tanks on them. The engine is perfectly sealed with lucky 7 air seal. I don't even have problems with the temps. The only thing that passes through my mind is maybe I've got a problem with the exhaust, mark me if I'm wrong. I've checked everything and nothing leaks and everything is sealed. Please help me out It's getting frustrating.
THE GREEK FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

There are a few things that come to mind. The more obvious things would be lower compression will make the engine crank harder and longer before it primes to start. Same applies for air leak in the carb boot or base of carb. A leaky front bearing could also be a contributing factor but what I would look for is as you mentioned, in the pipe system. What I would do is look closely at the pulse line making sure there aren't any tears in it that would take pressure away from the tank. If you are trying to start the engine after you ran it earlier, it sounds like it is losing prime in the lines which would indicate an air leak either in the tank or the fuel line itself. Make sure your pulse line is intact but also around 6-7 inches. Any longer than that and then it starts to affect back pressure to the tank. You can also try plugging the pipe with your finger at start up until you see fuel hit the carb inlet and see if that helps. Let us know what you find out.
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote