R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Help with Losi 8ight engine fitting

Hi all Im pretty new to R/C and I have a Losi 8ight buggy, I need some advice on fitting an engine, the one I have is a RB C6 nitro engine but it wont fit in the buggy because the carb hits the brake and diff unit is there something i need to change to fit it in or do RB engines not fit on my car

Any help would be appreciated

thanks Chris
rhubarb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You need to loose the set screw on the carb and turn the carb body a little so it wont hit the brakes and diff and then tighten the set screw, happens with all engines the carb is adjustable just loosen and turn,
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

+1, Then adjust the throttle servo arm so it's straight.
WWW.JCPRCRACEWAY.COM
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Also to lessen the angle you will have to put on the carb you can sand down the top of the diff mount plate where it comes to a point. The less angle the better.

Like this, to the left of the "E" clip.
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Hi guys thanks for the info I have tried that and it works very pleased now thanks all
rhubarb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default watch out...

For the chassis flex during racing, give the carb plenty of clearance to account for this design flaw. Be sure to set the end points carefully too as losi is notorious for killing throttle servos. Grinding a little off the center diff mount is a good idea too. My friend at the track bent his carb barrel because it was a little close to the diff mount. chassis flex.....
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
For the chassis flex during racing, give the carb plenty of clearance to account for this design flaw. Be sure to set the end points carefully too as losi is notorious for killing throttle servos. Grinding a little off the center diff mount is a good idea too. My friend at the track bent his carb barrel because it was a little close to the diff mount. chassis flex.....

i did the same thing with sanding down the center diff mount cover and strighten the carb to be stright it still looks like it barely rubbing but when i pull the slide carb in and out it feels fine is that ok i would think though if you have the thottle epa set where the carb is still showing not fully open u should be fine
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i did the same thing with sanding down the center diff mount cover and strighten the carb to be stright it still looks like it barely rubbing but when i pull the slide carb in and out it feels fine is that ok i would think though if you have the thottle epa set where the carb is still showing not fully open u should be fine
No, that ISN'T fine. When you land a jump and the chassis flexes it's going to make contact and possibly damage the carb.

And if you can drive a C6 in a buggy with it properly tuned and use full throttle, you're probably a pretty good driver. Holy cow that's a lot of motor for a buggy.

I had one in my truggy (borrowed) and when it "came on the pipe" it would yank the front wheels off the ground. That's with it tuned FAT and a 6.5mm restrictor in it. That motor is just plain STUPID fast.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
Tech Prophet

what about if u have the radio tray stiffer without it flexing from the epa
so its better off rotateing the carb a little so that doesnt happen
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote