Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I am using the hitec 7950 and 7940 in both my buggy and truggy so far perfect on straight lipo. If anyone does want a NIB JR9100HVS I will make you a smoking deal. PM me.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Servo eater

Originally Posted by TIX
I don't know whether I just got a dud batch but I have certainly lost confidance in hitec after it.
The funniest thing is that the ones that are failing are the ones that are used the least. The 2 in the car that I run all the time are still going strong. Maybe they don't like to be left sitting around.

Either way I'm selling them all and going to the new full metal JR's
I had the same problem when I owned a losi. Ran the car for near 1/2 a season without a problem. Lost three throttle servos in a matter of a
month. Nuf said.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
I have run Futaba S9351 for steering for well over 1 years of racing without a single issue and a Futaba S9452 on throttle / brake for the same amount of time with no problems.. they have served my MBX5T and now my MBX6T very well

I continusly see people at the track with ace and jr servos fail them as well as hi techs that i also once did run but found them to be total garbage that would not last more than a few races

I did have one futaba fail me after a years use and it was just a cheap gear inside that needed replacing, Sanwa servos i have also found to be great but they were used in on road situations

Dave

little story here....

9351's are prone for that Nylon gear stripping.....Canadian Winter Nats 3 years ago...was running Ace till it blew then went to Gary Guest and asked what he would recommend....he claimed the 9351 to be the BEST servo on the market, will never fail you....ect ect...so i bought 1 from him...didn't finish a quali after that nor did i get to race my Main due to the servo failing for a 2nd time which was on Gary's back up servo.

So your next question will be well im a crash monkey and set the servo saver too tight....think again....Gary himself set EVERYTHING up from the saver to the linkages to the EPA's...BOTH time's.....And to add to that...we go the quali's and main ON video and there's no crazy crashing or anything....slight bump on the pipe and whammo no steering..same thing both time's....same stupid little nylon gear Both time's....Uff....and that was in a old X1

the servo is still alive to this day after a good couple months waiting for Matty Matt to get a gear in stock and fix it for me but i still use this servo on throttle to this day.....but i would Never Ever trust it again on steering.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Prophet

mans thats any servo if you dont set your epa right any servo brand will fail.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tc5 man

read it again tc5man....Gary set EVERYTHING.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Prophet

i dont who gary is
Old 12-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Is anybody using Futaba 351 or 352 servo's?
need new servos for my MBX-6 that is soon on order
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sirKandal
I use 351 for steering in truggy but im not sure if they make the 351 any more... i think it may be superseeded?

Dave
Old 12-29-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
read it again tc5man....Gary set EVERYTHING.
I don't trust the Futaba on throttle either. Stripped the plastic gear twice there... and yes, my endpoints are right. I still have it in the box as a backup... but I run all Hitec. Never one single problem with the 5955 or 7955. None. Zero. I am AM a "crash monkey" with my servo saver cranked down so it practically doesn't function at all.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sirKandal

Actully ive never heard of a 352, and looks like they still make 351

http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/servochart.pdf

Dave
Old 12-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

i dont who gary is
Unfortunately I don't know who Gary is either... but I DO know who Nick (Integra) is.

You do realize you are questioning the car setup skills of one of the top 2 or 3 pro drivers in Canada, right?

Now, that being said... Nick having success with Hitec doesn't say much, because he has the skills to NOT be hard on equipment.

ME having success with Hitec speaks volumes though- the only skills I can claim are as a "crash test dummy." If it can be broken, I'll break it.

And his problems with the gears in the Futaba servo are pretty strong evidence of a weak point, for the same reason. He's not hard on equipment, and still had failures.

Does that make the Futaba a bad servo? NO... just not as durable as the Hitec. I still keep my old one in the box as a backup- not because I expect the Hitec to fail... but because anything CAN happen.

It is obvious that you have a chubby for Hitec because you bought a low-end servo from them and were disappointed with what you got. Get over it. If you buy a cheap servo from ANY of the manufacturers you'll get what you pay for.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

BLS351 and BLS352
http://www.futabarc.com/servos/brushlessservos.html

pict of 352

info BLS 352
http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wga...pgm?I=FUTM0554
Old 12-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Prophet

i havnt had one problem with my s9451 futaba dingal servo ,i had on my gt2 for a long time on,and also had it on my 1/8 buggy for steering and throttle
its a metal gear servo no plastic gears by the way.

and im not to rough on my equiment ethier , so to me a $90 servo is good to me
yea i know i have a beef with the hitec. servos the lower end ones but really they should fix that, problem before they even ship out.

oh i know i question (integra) about his setup i just like to get under his skin just like he does to me lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Unfortunately I don't know who Gary is either... but I DO know who Nick (Integra) is.

You do realize you are questioning the car setup skills of one of the top 2 or 3 pro drivers in Canada, right?

Now, that being said... Nick having success with Hitec doesn't say much, because he has the skills to NOT be hard on equipment.

ME having success with Hitec speaks volumes though- the only skills I can claim are as a "crash test dummy." If it can be broken, I'll break it.

And his problems with the gears in the Futaba servo are pretty strong evidence of a weak point, for the same reason. He's not hard on equipment, and still had failures.

Does that make the Futaba a bad servo? NO... just not as durable as the Hitec. I still keep my old one in the box as a backup- not because I expect the Hitec to fail... but because anything CAN happen.

It is obvious that you have a chubby for Hitec because you bought a low-end servo from them and were disappointed with what you got. Get over it. If you buy a cheap servo from ANY of the manufacturers you'll get what you pay for.

thx domit....to clear thing's up ....Gary is Gary Guest.. 5+year driver for Team Jammin.

i havnt had one problem with my s9451 futaba dingal servo ,i had on my gt2 for a long time on,and also had it on my 1/8 buggy for steering and throttle
its a metal gear servo no plastic gears by the way.

and im not to rough on my equiment ethier , so to me a $90 servo is good to me
yea i know i have a beef with the hitec. servos the lower end ones but really they should fix that, problem before they even ship out.

oh i know i question (integra) about his setup i just like to get under his skin just like he does to me lol.

Unless you run the BLS 451 you still have a plastic gear......1st one off the motor.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
thx domit....to clear thing's up ....Gary is Gary Guest.. 5+year driver for Team Jammin.

Unless you run the BLS 451 you still have a plastic gear......1st one off the motor.
Yup... my 9451 has now had the plastic gear replaced 3 times. That's why it is a spare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.