Race Servos

Old 11-28-2009, 02:19 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i started this season with 6 Hitec HS7955-TG's. im down to 3

2 on them have started to randomly drop out during races. they start the race well and then at very random times just stop responding for anything from half a second to 20 seconds. i've tried different radios, receivers, batterys, switches, no switch, differnt cars andthey continue to cause me trouble. one of them now doesnt work at all
The other 1 has droped the gear off the head of the motor and just grinds instead of turning the horn. the gears are all perfect
funny thing is the 3 that have died are the ones that have seen the least amount of use

i keep sending them in to claim them on warenty and they keep sending them back saying nothing is wrong with them. i find it hard to believe that nathing is wrong with them when one doesnt work and another just makes grinding noises.
They were great servos for 3 months. ill see how long the last 3 last. either way i have now lost my trust in them

im giving the JR Propo DS6315 Metal Jacket servos a go. I know they have a great waranty service over here.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIX
i started this season with 6 Hitec HS7955-TG's. im down to 3

2 on them have started to randomly drop out during races. they start the race well and then at very random times just stop responding for anything from half a second to 20 seconds. i've tried different radios, receivers, batterys, switches, no switch, differnt cars andthey continue to cause me trouble. one of them now doesnt work at all
The other 1 has droped the gear off the head of the motor and just grinds instead of turning the horn. the gears are all perfect
funny thing is the 3 that have died are the ones that have seen the least amount of use

i keep sending them in to claim them on warenty and they keep sending them back saying nothing is wrong with them. i find it hard to believe that nathing is wrong with them when one doesnt work and another just makes grinding noises.
They were great servos for 3 months. ill see how long the last 3 last. either way i have now lost my trust in them

im giving the JR Propo DS6315 Metal Jacket servos a go. I know they have a great waranty service over here.

hrmm.....cant say i like hearing this.....
Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 PM
TIX
Tech Master

I don't know whether I just got a dud batch but I have certainly lost confidance in hitec after it.
The funniest thing is that the ones that are failing are the ones that are used the least. The 2 in the car that I run all the time are still going strong. Maybe they don't like to be left sitting around.

Either way I'm selling them all and going to the new full metal JR's
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIX
I don't know whether I just got a dud batch but I have certainly lost confidance in hitec after it.
The funniest thing is that the ones that are failing are the ones that are used the least. The 2 in the car that I run all the time are still going strong. Maybe they don't like to be left sitting around.

What battery?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TIX

Dont you ask yourself why Truhe and Drake No longer run those ? Not to mention the couple Known poster's on here who had issues to say the least.

Or wait...new Full metal ?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

why dont you try the smaller names in r/c like savox,Cobra,and some others out there give us the benefit of the dout and maybe you will see we are just as good as the big name's.Big name doesn'st always mean the best.

You wont know until you try .Anyway i hope it all works out for you .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 11-30-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
why dont you try the smaller names in r/c like savox,Cobra,and some others out there give us the benefit of the dout and maybe you will see we are just as good as the big name's.Big name doesn'st always mean the best.

You wont know until you try .Anyway i hope it all works out for you .

+1 just like the orion servos they have the same kind of gears as the hitecs etc and they center perfect and i have yet to hear a problem with them and so far i havnt had any ethier
Old 11-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Ace

I like the ace 1313 for steering and it would work great in throttle too. 75 bucks each, and the gears are nice and customer service is out of this world.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

been running hitec servos for like, forever. i tried airtronics and futaba before but they werent any faster or more powerful or so it seems.

I have been running the same 2 5945 servos for several years now in various cars, these things just wont die! now i have fried a couple servos here and there but hitec was real cool about fixing them. these 2 5945s though have been the greatest things since running water and the o***sm.

I tried the combo of a 5955 and a air 358(i think thats the number. its the 137oz/in "rockcrusher") the air just didnt deliver like i thought it would on throttle and the 5955 was pulling hella amps from the pack (might have been that one servo though, got it used) anyways i went back to the 5945's and all was well again.

I have been hearing good things about the ace servos (the associated servos with the same number are, you guessed it!, the same servo) and the towerhobbies servo (CS something) is supposed to be the same as the 7955 just rebadged or something like that, been hearing good things about them as well.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+1 just like the orion servos they have the same kind of gears as the hitecs etc and they center perfect and i have yet to hear a problem with them and so far i havnt had any ethier
As mentioned before, the Orion are the same as Savox and still there are people prefering Orion above Savox, even if they have to pay 20 dollar more. People are to brand minded.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:30 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ldawg
What battery?
1600mAh hump packs

Originally Posted by Integra
Dont you ask yourself why Truhe and Drake No longer run those ? Not to mention the couple Known poster's on here who had issues to say the least.

Or wait...new Full metal ?
The new full metal jackets are a DS6315. they run at 60deg in 0.06 sec at 17.8Kg
they are a new colour aswell so its easy to tell them apart
http://www.modelflight.com.au/shop/p...HV-851-28.html

Its a pity that Hitec's distributor in Australia dont give a sh!t about there product. i have sent my 7955's back 3 times now and they justr send them back saying nothing is wrong. i dont get it, its pretty obvious there is something wrong when it doesnt move
i now have to send them back to the USA to try and get them repaired under warrenty.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

We use 24 bit high resolution digital microprocessors and amplifiers fr6461 like mks ,futaba and others use .our gears are a precise cut metal gears which are very silent ,we use high quality wiring and top coreless motors .the only thing that goes against us is that we dont have a popular name and we are still small but we like being small as we can service the customer better with a personal customer service and warranty policy.

so we are small but we can only try .
Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TIX
1600mAh hump packs

The new full metal jackets are a DS6315. they run at 60deg in 0.06 sec at 17.8Kg
they are a new colour aswell so its easy to tell them apart
http://www.modelflight.com.au/shop/p...HV-851-28.html

Its a pity that Hitec's distributor in Australia dont give a sh!t about there product. i have sent my 7955's back 3 times now and they justr send them back saying nothing is wrong. i dont get it, its pretty obvious there is something wrong when it doesnt move
i now have to send them back to the USA to try and get them repaired under warrenty.

269$ are You NUTS....Sorry but that's INSANE pricing on a servo...200$ was the max i thought when the JR pushed the HV's...but 269$ Mg that's Highway Robbery.

As for the servo's....i would get in contact with Mike Mayberry and see what he has to say about what the AU distributor is doing...im sure he would want to know about what you said they are doing as its not right.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by merdith6
I like the ace 1313 for steering and it would work great in throttle too. 75 bucks each, and the gears are nice and customer service is out of this world.
Originally Posted by looper
been running hitec servos for like, forever. i tried airtronics and futaba before but they werent any faster or more powerful or so it seems.

I have been running the same 2 5945 servos for several years now in various cars, these things just wont die! now i have fried a couple servos here and there but hitec was real cool about fixing them. these 2 5945s though have been the greatest things since running water and the o***sm.

I tried the combo of a 5955 and a air 358(i think thats the number. its the 137oz/in "rockcrusher") the air just didnt deliver like i thought it would on throttle and the 5955 was pulling hella amps from the pack (might have been that one servo though, got it used) anyways i went back to the 5945's and all was well again.

I have been hearing good things about the ace servos (the associated servos with the same number are, you guessed it!, the same servo) and the towerhobbies servo (CS something) is supposed to be the same as the 7955 just rebadged or something like that, been hearing good things about them as well.

Not a fan Of Ace One bit....the customer service...LOL what customer service.

The gear's are sub par compared to most and they are Power monger's on the battery.

The Hobbico is a knockoff of the Hitec 5955 Not the 7955.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi, os, hitech...

the three worst companies ever.

Okkkk..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.