Wiki Posts
Search

Tex's patented super shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tex's patented super shocks?

I went back at least 6 pages and was unable to find the thread... Does anyone know if Tex is still working on these new buggy/truggy shock absorbers, or has the project been sidelined somehow?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...coming-us.html

I hope it has not been sidelined. Somewhat recently there have been some spycam pics of how they work.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Not sidelined, they are in production, the whole thing took a whole lot longer than Tex was anticipating. I think there was a quality control problem with some of the parts and he had to start over. This is all info I read on the Shock Thread, not inside information. hang in there, they are due to hit the market any day
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Jaz, I'm glad that things are moving forward. In fact, if they can get these to market in short order, they might be able to get a good sales kick-start from the Christmas shopping season.

Any idea if the production units will still be black?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by captain america
Hi Jaz, I'm glad that things are moving forward. In fact, if they can get these to market in short order, they might be able to get a good sales kick-start from the Christmas shopping season.

Any idea if the production units will still be black?
I dont know bud, as stated I dont have inside info, but I keep up with Tex's thread because my buddy was one of the original testers, so he was filling me in on some insider news. His buggy was stolen with Tex's secret shocks on them and now he is no longer involved so I dont really know any more than you, except what I read on the shock thread posted in the link above. You might want to PM Tex and see if he will fill you in on any info. My take on him is he is a real cool guy and very approachable. I am one of the hundreds of people waiting for them to be released so I can run them also. My friend in Texas that had a set said they were the most incredible thing he ever tried. Made the entire driving experience that much better
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I still don't get what it is, its basicly 2 magnets a positive and a negative? which keep your car from bottoming out?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by B_Wheeler
I still don't get what it is, its basicly 2 magnets a positive and a negative? which keep your car from bottoming out?
Basically yes, but theres allot more to it than that. The shocks work like all others during normal conditions, but when they are fully compressed they repel and allow your car to become instantly stable again so you can get on the gas faster, they also keep your tires in the dirt unlike other shock because they push your axels back down to the ground faster. You chassis will still slap if you have huge jumps. but you wont get bouncing and your car will have instant contact with the ground so you can punch it immediately. I also hear the magnets will come in different strengths so you can tweek your shocks according to the track type you are running
Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Basically yes, but theres allot more to it than that. The shocks work like all others during normal conditions, but when they are fully compressed they repel and allow your car to become instantly stable again so you can get on the gas faster, they also keep your tires in the dirt unlike other shock because they push your axels back down to the ground faster. You chassis will still slap if you have huge jumps. but you wont get bouncing and your car will have instant contact with the ground so you can punch it immediately. I also hear the magnets will come in different strengths so you can tweek your shocks according to the track type you are running
Spoken like someone that has driven them. Without any one that isn't local seeing the shocks in production it can be a little hard to grasp, but this is a perfect explanation of what they will do for you. Just can't wait till everyone gets to see them when they hit the market.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Lord

I have not had that pleasure RJ, but a good friend was one of the first to get a set of prototypes and he gave me all the wonderful details
Old 09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A shock with adjustable hi-speed compression and adjustable rebound would be a welcome addition to 1/8 off road racing.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Tex is still actively working on the shocks, as well as other parts to improve the current shocks you have on your buggy right now. They will hit the market, and you can be sure they will be well worth the money.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I will be jumping on these as soon as they hit the market. I'm one of the believers that just can't wait to run them, and the anticipation is killing me. From what I understand, Tex appears to be a perfectionist, and I think he'll unleash these shocks on the market when he feels that the shocks are good and ready. I hope he comes back and tells us when that day is.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Patience is a virtue... We will have the "End of Days" spec by 2012...
Old 09-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will he be running suspension fluid or the normal multi wt oils?? I ve been running 7.5 wt motocross suspension fluid with my own custom made shock pistons with shimming stacks top and bottom of the piston to dial in the rebound and comp. I am very surprised that the industry hasn't jumped on the aftermarket shock upgrades. I hope to see new ideas in the suspension department from others.