Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Set up help with MBX-6

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Set up help with MBX-6

Hello RCTECH.net community!!!!!! Just wanted to see about getting some help from guys with the MBX-6. I am new to 1/8 nitro, but not new to the rc community. Mostly 1/10 before. Anyways, I plan on racing at tracks such as ARC in Temecula, Hemet Raceway and Thunder Alley. So, my question is this: Would you be willing to share set ups for the various tracks with me? I'll try to give you as much info as possible.

Car: MBX-6
Tires:variety of AKA
engine: Ninja 21 Bo1a w/dynamite pipe

I purchased this car used and will be tearing it down and going through it. Is there any thing that I should look for? What weight diff oils front/rear should be used. What weight shock oil shold be used (Jumbo shocks).

Any other advice that you would share would be great. Thank you for everybodies time. See you at the track!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Only really 2 things to look for is the chassis and diff o-rings. Look at the bottom of the chassis at the motor mounts, they tend to crack at the spot. Get the Tony screws o-ring to stop the leaky diffs.

As far as set up goes the stock set is a great start, very easy to drive fast so look for that as a starting point (find a manual). Other That there is a thread with 1000s of post to go through. Go to those tracks and find other mbx6's and talk to them. I wouldn't worry about set up this soon tho worry about being able to drive it fast first
Old 11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Theres an MBX6 thread already were your question will be answered quickly.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

The best MBX6 info you can get is from the Mugen Racing forum webite. It has tons of info about setup's on there.