Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Force .21 JL

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

so on this engine you're stuck with 8mm in the carb only? doesn't accept inserts? if so what's a good carb to use for smaller inserts gonna try 6.5's on all my new engines
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc8b
i wz just wondering how much better this motor would be with a jp3 pipe on it imrunning a dm086 now and if there would be a big differance in performance in the 2 pipes my motor is stock unmodded any info would be very much appreachated thanks to all
For a truggy, jp-3, gives more bottom. In a buggy I like the 086 with long nova header, header gives more bottom, but you can go wrong with jp-3 in either
Old 02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
so on this engine you're stuck with 8mm in the carb only? doesn't accept inserts? if so what's a good carb to use for smaller inserts gonna try 6.5's on all my new engines
Correct carb on the JL is fixed to 8mm, gives my buggy a solid 7 1/2 run time , pushing hard as i wish, tuned for mileage and easy on thottle will go 9 mins. Not too bad The rb Killer 9 is the same engine pretty much, does have different carb, which may be hard to find( the carb be itself), but accepts inserts. You will pay an extra 40 bucks for that engine=worth it
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

hmm good to know thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks it seems to have alot of bottom but i will try to get the jp3 on there next week one of buddys that i race with has one that he is not using at this time ill try it and c if it seems better the state races are next month and i want to be ready as i can b i will test both to c witch one gives me the best run time but it seems so far to b around 8 min
Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If I really felt I needed to run a carb reducer on
the JL. I would put the carb off of my Jammin JPX
or Picco P-9 on it and see if it made much of a
difference. I don't think you would see much change
though.
I was talking to Maximo today and the subject came
up about some people arguing back and forth about
modded engines and runtimes. I related to him my
input on the whole discussion that I didn't read anyone
mention.
The engines Maximo modded for me require less
throddle input to get around the track. So if I don't
have to pull full-throddle to clear a jump or to pass
someone on the straight, thats saving me fuel.
It was also mentioned that leaning any engine out
too much is not a good thing to do to
your engine to get a little more run time. Flame-outs
and flipping your car on it's lid a dozen times during
a race is going to cost you more time than a splash'n
go pit ever would.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easyryder
Correct carb on the JL is fixed to 8mm.

yours might be,mine aint no more!........idle'd and ran smooth as butter baby

i used fine grit sand paper,thats why the spray bar catch is a little scuffed up
Attached Thumbnails Ofna Force .21 JL-dsc01943.jpg   Ofna Force .21 JL-dsc01944.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Sweet

Looks good Ricky nice job cant wait to get your feedback on this engine after next weekend
Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rkhess
yours might be,mine aint no more!........idle'd and ran smooth as butter baby

i used fine grit sand paper,thats why the spray bar catch is a little scuffed up
Old 02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
This is some video of Eric during practice at round 2 of the Sun Lakes points series I found on my camera. this was his first few laps on the track and his motor ran great all night. Stock motor 086 pipe novarossi long hedder I think Byrons 30 and a 10 year old XTM starter box
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Thats my lil bro!! Hope allis well,hope to be racing there in a bit bro, Least a day or two...nice vid!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

For anyone going to Motorama who wants to see a Clockwork modded JL .21
I will be there with a JL in my buggy and truggy. Come up and talk to me and ask questions if you have any. If you don't believe these engines are fast come see for yourself!

Last edited by aaron joy; 02-15-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: No engines for sale at this time. sorry!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaron joy
For anybody on here going to Motorama, I will have one Clockwork Racing modded JL .21 for sale. I am going to be selling it for Neal if anyone is interested. Price is $280 for the modification and hand fitted piston that all about eliminates break-in. A couple tanks to seat the bearings and rod bushings and you are ready to rock and roll. Come up and talk to me and ask questions, I will have a JL in my buggy and truggy. If you don't believe these engines are fast come see for yourself!
Aaron, i was at bumps a couple weekends ago, I did not realize you were there and were running the JL. Man it was smoking fast in your buggy! Definitely want to know how it does in a truggy!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Thanks, Neal and I were talking about that the other night on the phone.
Next time say hi, I am easy to talk to. I will probably be back there a couple more times before outdoor season starts. Truggy will be the true test of this engine for me, I drive truggy a lot better. I will have a good base comparison to go off of, I ran the RB K9 in my truggy since it came out.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Thanks, Neal and I were talking about that the other night on the phone.
Next time say hi, I am easy to talk to. I will probably be back there a couple more times before outdoor season starts. Truggy will be the true test of this engine for me, I drive truggy a lot better. I will have a good base comparison to go off of, I ran the RB K9 in my truggy since it came out.
Ive been talking to Neal about this motor and how it works. Well he told me he has a driver near me, showed me a video of you running the Jl. Then it hit me, i was there and saw your buggy and was wondering "what in the heck is in that buggy?". That Jl was screaming down the straight. My ears were ringing for a day or so afterwards!LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I have a half gallon on stock jl still fat pulled it off after 10min main in truggy with jp3 and sidewinder30 and p3 plug with fuel still in tank. only wrecked a few times and didnt drive it hard but it hit every little run up double easily and kept up with everything i ran it by on straights. nice mill, no doubt even in truggy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.