R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Man, that would suck if the shop went under....that would mean the forum would go with it. Granted, it's not as big as RCTech, but it's still a good source for regional information.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
Man, that would suck if the shop went under....that would mean the forum would go with it. Granted, it's not as big as RCTech, but it's still a good source for regional information.
We have an active and thriving forum full of regional info at www.georgiarcracers.com
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If i were to order a part that is "in stock" should i expect to receive it in a reason period of time? They've got a part i need, and it's at a great price.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #109
Tech Adept

Usually if you can "ADD ITEM to CART", you should be good. You may want to call first. CarolinaRC was a great ONLINE shop, but with increasing backorders on just about everything it is harder to order because of the not knowing when you may get an item in 3 days or 2 weeks or more ?. It is probably hard to have an inventory = to AMAIN Hobbies.
Sirio ExTech
Pro Match Racing
Ramirez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #110
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I don't think the are going under. My buddy just made a $700 order and they told him the reason most of it is out of stock is because they are movin to a bigger facility with track and retail front and that the stock woul return once they got settled

I sure hope so. The few times I have shopped there it has been a very pleasant experience
Old 06-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #111
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Kerber View Post
If i were to order a part that is "in stock" should i expect to receive it in a reason period of time? They've got a part i need, and it's at a great price.
If its in stock they usually ship the same day or next, sepending on the time. They've moved to where the old FARMII track was that held the '08Buggy Worlds, and they;ve opened it back up.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramirez24 View Post
Usually if you can "ADD ITEM to CART", you should be good. You may want to call first. CarolinaRC was a great ONLINE shop, but with increasing backorders on just about everything it is harder to order because of the not knowing when you may get an item in 3 days or 2 weeks or more ?. It is probably hard to have an inventory = to AMAIN Hobbies.
+1 on calling ahead to make sure. I made a good sized order
from CarolinaRC last week. I called to make sure they had the higher
dollar items in stock. Two days later everything I ordered was
sitting on my door step. I would never order any items that
were listed "backorder" from any web store.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #113
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramirez24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboard View Post
If its in stock they usually ship the same day or next, sepending on the time. They've moved to where the old FARMII track was that held the '08Buggy Worlds, and they;ve opened it back up.
I emailed Don and he said that the item is in stock. So i'll be ordering soon.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #114
Tech Regular

Well, if you have a closer look there's more and more items not available for back order. Not even ODO plugs.
I've tried to cancel orders only to have the listed as backorder, still no refund. Told them twice, still no refund.
My brothers Slash Platinum story - ordered in early April, now its not even possible to backorder...

I've sent e-mails asking delivery status, been told item will ship within a few days (or next day, or in three days) only to find the item still being on backorder two or three weeks later.

I really want to be a supporting customer, but this BS is wearing down my loyalty...
Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #115
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by casevac View Post
Well, if you have a closer look there's more and more items not available for back order. Not even ODO plugs.
I've tried to cancel orders only to have the listed as backorder, still no refund. Told them twice, still no refund.
My brothers Slash Platinum story - ordered in early April, now its not even possible to backorder...

I've sent e-mails asking delivery status, been told item will ship within a few days (or next day, or in three days) only to find the item still being on backorder two or three weeks later.

I really want to be a supporting customer, but this BS is wearing down my loyalty...

i dont blame you i been waiting on, a losi camber gauge for my truggy for about 2 mouths and i called them, last week and the guy said they are getting them from horizon well, ok i havnt got it yet

im about to just get a refund, and also they should stop saying something is in stock on thier online store and, than email back saying its gone to be a drop shipment thats, not a good way to do business .

i would be ok if i got it in 4 days or so .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default parts

I just bought a p/s set for a novarossi off ebay, Just got it today and the receipt says carolina hobby!! But the seller said he was selling for a hobby shop that was closing down so i dont know either .
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #117
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlosi906 View Post
I just bought a p/s set for a novarossi off ebay, Just got it today and the receipt says carolina hobby!! But the seller said he was selling for a hobby shop that was closing down so i dont know either .
I'm pretty sure Carolina Hobby and Carolinas Rc are two different shops.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #118
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I live like 45 min from Carolinas R/C and I think they just recently moved their shop. That could be the answer to most peoples questions. Their old shop was in some big building that had a nice indoor off-road track. But down-side is that due to the multi-store building they were in they couldn't build an off-road track. So to my knowledge they moved their shop to the Metrolina Expo and built a huge high speed track there. I have yet to race there, and they are racing this Wed night. I believe they do alot of night racing.

Anyway, check this link below for some pictures of the new track.

http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/for...title=pictures
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #119
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post
I live like 45 min from Carolinas R/C and I think they just recently moved their shop. That could be the answer to most peoples questions. Their old shop was in some big building that had a nice indoor off-road track. But down-side is that due to the multi-store building they were in they couldn't build an off-road track. So to my knowledge they moved their shop to the Metrolina Expo and built a huge high speed track there. I have yet to race there, and they are racing this Wed night. I believe they do alot of night racing.

oh i see well i guess i wait than for my part, man thats a nice offroad track.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #120
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post

Man that's a nice track we lost our big track around here and I miss the large track. I order from carolinasrc and they are good in my book. The only thing I am waiting for are the new transponders. They did have them long before amain. That sounds like a shop that's on top of things to me.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote