Search

Someone from caster racing please read this

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Someone from caster racing please read this

Not complaining, just a suggestion.

Looking to set up some cars for next year and like the ex-1 and zx buggy. How about selling some of your cars as rx ready? Maybe sell an electric rollor with esc and motor only? and the nitro rx ready?

I was looking at the rtr zx1.5 which is a phenomonal deal right now but dont need the rx and tx, and was thinking how much it would be without them.

another problem is no one has them around me but have heard great things about them every where, but am still contimplating them, even though a used rc8e is still more than the ex-1, i guess I just need a push.

Anyway hope you see this.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I will pass this along to Mike for you. ARTR's aren't a bad idea. I have just joined the Caster Team for 2010, but from what I have read I believe they used to offer a nitro combo with the kit and motor. The grenade engine has been discontinued, but the replacement should be coming soon hopefully. I would imagine that the combo type deal would be offered again in the future, for nitro at least.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG RE
I will pass this along to Mike for you. ARTR's aren't a bad idea. I have just joined the Caster Team for 2010, but from what I have read I believe they used to offer a nitro combo with the kit and motor. The grenade engine has been discontinued, but the replacement should be coming soon hopefully. I would imagine that the combo type deal would be offered again in the future, for nitro at least.
Wow... I heard the Grenade is pretty good. Wonder what happened?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Caster was selling more engines in Europe than Go tech.This pissed off Go tech and they halted production on the Grenade.Truely a bummer as that engine really kicks ass.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bad name choice though. I would be leery of buying a motor called a "Grenade"
Old 11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by interplanet
Not complaining, just a suggestion.

Looking to set up some cars for next year and like the ex-1 and zx buggy. How about selling some of your cars as rx ready? Maybe sell an electric rollor with esc and motor only? and the nitro rx ready?

I was looking at the rtr zx1.5 which is a phenomonal deal right now but dont need the rx and tx, and was thinking how much it would be without them.

another problem is no one has them around me but have heard great things about them every where, but am still contimplating them, even though a used rc8e is still more than the ex-1, i guess I just need a push.

Anyway hope you see this.

Thanks
Andy
To be really honest, the RX and TX for RTR's (besides Losi) hardly cost anything for ANY manufacturer as they are really cheap and basic just to get you going. If they were to remove them for the RTR and leave everything else the price would not drop by too much, maybe $10 if that. You can probably get a little more than that trying to sell it to a kid who bashes and broke is radio or something. So your really not to hardly save any money by trying to get it removed. Go with the 1.5R or EX-1. You will not be dissapointed at all. They are extremely tough and durable buggies, not to mention handle very well. Go for it.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I was thinking both of them, for the price to set up the ex-1 and buy the nitro It would still be cheaper than the losi 8e race roller
Old 11-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Where are you looking at these cars? Stormer, Caster USA, Holeshot? I am sure that someone can help you out if you really don't want a radio.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

caster racing usa . com

like i said I am not complaining, the prices are increable, affordable racing indeed
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i got the rtr zx a couple of years ago for christmas and at first i wasn't impressed. The 2 or 3 times i took it to the track something broke. Once i upgraded those parts the car became quite enjoyable. Normally run touring cars indoor, so this was my first 1/8 buggy and i had nothing to compare it to. The other day i went to the track with a couple friends and found the caster to handle well next to my friend's Losi and Jammin. Pretty good car that most people don't know about. I can only imagine the news are even better.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
Caster was selling more engines in Europe than Go tech.This pissed off Go tech and they halted production on the Grenade.Truely a bummer as that engine really kicks ass.
thats ok, i have a stash of 3, with more on the way. best motor i ever ran, fits my driving style the best anyways.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008
i got the rtr zx a couple of years ago for christmas and at first i wasn't impressed. The 2 or 3 times i took it to the track something broke. Once i upgraded those parts the car became quite enjoyable. Normally run touring cars indoor, so this was my first 1/8 buggy and i had nothing to compare it to. The other day i went to the track with a couple friends and found the caster to handle well next to my friend's Losi and Jammin. Pretty good car that most people don't know about. I can only imagine the news are even better.
The new ones are not even comparable. HUGE difference in quality and machining. The new 1.5R RTR is sweet!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
The new ones are not even comparable. HUGE difference in quality and machining. The new 1.5R RTR is sweet!
so for the better? I hope they run there sale for a while, its going to be a while till I pick them up. they will not be run until next season anyway.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by interplanet
so for the better? I hope they run there sale for a while, its going to be a while till I pick them up. they will not be run until next season anyway.
Yes, for the better in every way. You will be very surprised. I myself have had the Caster's from over 2 years ago so I have physically seen how much better they are and the changes they have went through.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

I have to say up front that I am an associated guy, but I dont want to spend all my hard earned clams on something that could be had for cheaper (hence hobbycity in my sig). But somehow even without seeing it in person I am getting the feeling that just like the turnigy batts price does not mean everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.