Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brake and throttle servo

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brake and throttle servo

I have a Hitec 5645 MG servo and one of the gears has stripped out on me. No big deal I can get a gear set and replace. But when I mount the brake and throttle arm I can never get it to set nutral and still put the slide throttle to clase as it is supposet to be always have to mount the arm of the servo to where there is pressure so there forth I am having some noise coming from the servo more like a slight humming noise. So my question is what do I need to do to prevent this from happening again. Do I need to get a servo programmer to adjust the point to where it should stop and return to nutral and full throttle and full brake points?

Thanks in advance to any and all replys
Old 11-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
I have a Hitec 5645 MG servo and one of the gears has stripped out on me. No big deal I can get a gear set and replace. But when I mount the brake and throttle arm I can never get it to set nutral and still put the slide throttle to clase as it is supposet to be always have to mount the arm of the servo to where there is pressure so there forth I am having some noise coming from the servo more like a slight humming noise. So my question is what do I need to do to prevent this from happening again. Do I need to get a servo programmer to adjust the point to where it should stop and return to nutral and full throttle and full brake points?

Thanks in advance to any and all replys
just saying it sounds like your throttle brake linkage has to much pressure on it ,,,,,,when you let off to neutral your saying the carb doesnt close all the way? so when you bump the brakes the engine decellerates ?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

yes and ive even adjusted the linkage lil at a time to get it right so it would not make any noise ive adjusted the arm so that the carb valve would be closed. still same result
Old 11-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

what Radio are you running? amke sure your endpoints are adjusted right to.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rider313
what Radio are you running? amke sure your endpoints are adjusted right to.
Futaba 3PM 2.4GHZ and Thank you for your advice my EPA or End Point Adjustments was not done on my sterring nor throttle/brake the results are that I have stripped my Sterring/Throttle servo gears. got to read all instructions
Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Set the end points like what was said, but also adjust your sub trim so you can get it in the neutral position and not have to put extra pressure on it.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
yes and ive even adjusted the linkage lil at a time to get it right so it would not make any noise ive adjusted the arm so that the carb valve would be closed. still same result
with the throttle at neutral ......and everything turned on ....loosen the the 2 collars on the linkage going to the carb ....with your thumb push in on the linkage to make it push all the way to the throttle stop ...then while holding it in...tighten the outer most collar ...then with allen wrench in the set screw of the collar that puts pressure on the spring ...move it outward to compress the spring just a tiny bit ...then tighten it ....repeat that process until you reach a point where you are happy ....also do you run a hair band or return spring or carb-o"s that might help as well ....thats the way i do it ...you really shouldnt HAVE to use subtrim ....i just set up my losi 8 linkage and used no subtrim on the throttle linkage ...it is possible ...just takes a while ...lmk how that comes out