R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HEADER PIPES!?

I got a 2050 pipe but no header so I put a Orion 2066 header on it and to me it just doesn't seem to have the bottom of the 2035 I ran before and the top doesn't seem to be there either. My question is do u think because the header is short that maybe my problems is this and I should put a longer header on? The pipe is the right pipe for this engine lol
jeff alessi 801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff alessi 801 View Post
I got a 2050 pipe but no header so I put a Orion 2066 header on it and to me it just doesn't seem to have the bottom of the 2035 I ran before and the top doesn't seem to be there either. My question is do u think because the header is short that maybe my problems is this and I should put a longer header on? The pipe is the right pipe for this engine lol
short header will give high top end and long header will give more bottom end torque. its kind of your choice once you have the pipe your engine likes
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff alessi 801 View Post

Diff engines like different pipe/ header combos. When I ran grp engines I always used a rb long header on a dyn 053 pipe to get the best performance out of the engine I could. When I started running speed engines the 2060 pipe/ header worked better than the 053 pipe and before I had the 2060 I ran the speed with the 053 and a med header. The long choked the top end and the short killed the bottom. Every engine is different so it's up to you where you think they perform best. +1 on the Long header increases bottom and the short increases top end. Btw what engine are you running?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Diff engines like different pipe/ header combos. When I ran grp engines I always used a rb long header on a dyn 053 pipe to get the best performance out of the engine I could. When I started running speed engines the 2060 pipe/ header worked better than the 053 pipe and before I had the 2060 I ran the speed with the 053 and a med header. The long choked the top end and the short killed the bottom. Every engine is different so it's up to you where you think they perform best. +1 on the Long header increases bottom and the short increases top end. Btw what engine are you running?
Ok so I guess I'll be trying a longer header next to see if it makes it better.
jeff alessi 801 is offline   Reply With Quote