R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Just sharing what I know htcurt
Is my Losi Eight 2.0 Standard Clutch/flywheel setup worth keeping or should i just go back to Hong nor flywheel and 3 shoes as i always used. At moment my losi has 4 Shoes, 2 alloy(gold springs) and 2 plastic(green springs),Only just got the losi as was using hobao but havent yet had the chance to use it due to crap weather, so im yet to learn the best setups. Thanks
ACE DS1015-Throttle/Brake.
htcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcurt View Post
Is my Losi Eight 2.0 Standard Clutch/flywheel setup worth keeping or should i just go back to Hong nor flywheel and 3 shoes as i always used. At moment my losi has 4 Shoes, 2 alloy(gold springs) and 2 plastic(green springs),Only just got the losi as was using hobao but havent yet had the chance to use it due to crap weather, so im yet to learn the best setups. Thanks
I ran the losi 8 and 8t for a few gallons a couple years and found that I really liked the losi clutch design . The best setup I had found for buggy and truggy was the combo similar to your description. I used two losi blue aluminum shoes w/gold springs and two losi carbon shoes with green springs , make sure you scuff the anodizing off the shoes and to scuff the clutchbell also .
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcurt View Post
What does this have to do with novarossi headers anyway :-) LOL
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
What does this have to do with novarossi headers anyway :-) LOL
as im new to the losi and the fact i havent used it at all yet was just wondering as id rather not have to change this over at the track side while racing in a chamionship this sunday as it looks as though our weather is gonna continue to be really crap. Just trying to get the car perfect. thanks
ACE DS1015-Throttle/Brake.
htcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Ok htcurt, when using a 86 based pipe you do not want to use the 41001, 41005 or similar bent headers . Use a smooth round header such as 41021 , if you use the bent headers you will always feel as if the engine has a lean bog on the low end .

Which is probaly why that other racer is using 1.1 springs with his car to try and gain some low end by putting a high stall on the clutch .

If you want the best runtime you will use the 9901ss/41021 or 41005. With either of these combos you will get the best runtime available period !!

If you want a little more power from low all the way to the top then use 9853ss/41001 or 41005

Thanks man,that's what I wanted to know.
Is there any other pipes that would do the same thing as the 9853??
What about that O.S. 2060 pipe,would that be good with the 41005 bent manifold.Just looking for overall performance and good fuel mileage with more towards the top end.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
6-7 min. of run time.
220-245 temps.
Kyosho 34mm flywheel,1.1 springs,blue aluminum shoes.
Inferno MP777
i have the same car as you. what pipe/engine are you running? I have an axial .28rr in mine with a modified kyosho stock pipe. I also have a 2 bend header on it. It has crazy mid and top. and to be honest the bottom is pretty impressive. I have 5k diff oil in the center diff and the front tires spin so fast, they expand so big they hit the body on the straight and almost rip it off. I'm thinking about putting some thicker oil in so the front dont spin so bad. I took the pipe apart (it 2 piece and screws together) and i drilled the hole in the cone bigger and drilled the outlet bigger. I was jus playing around because i have a couple of these pipes, but it runs better than it did with my dynamite top end pipe. i get 8-9 minutes out of it.
mini rivercat, 92mph on 4s
KFXGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Thanks man,that's what I wanted to know.
Is there any other pipes that would do the same thing as the 9853??
What about that O.S. 2060 pipe,would that be good with the 41005 bent manifold.Just looking for overall performance and good fuel mileage with more towards the top end.
9886/41020

not much experience with the 2060 pipe . i have seen it used on novarossi engines and it did seem to work fairly well , more than i could say for the 2050 on a novarossi engine .
Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFXGUY View Post
i have the same car as you. what pipe/engine are you running? I have an axial .28rr in mine with a modified kyosho stock pipe. I also have a 2 bend header on it. It has crazy mid and top. and to be honest the bottom is pretty impressive. I have 5k diff oil in the center diff and the front tires spin so fast, they expand so big they hit the body on the straight and almost rip it off. I'm thinking about putting some thicker oil in so the front dont spin so bad. I took the pipe apart (it 2 piece and screws together) and i drilled the hole in the cone bigger and drilled the outlet bigger. I was jus playing around because i have a couple of these pipes, but it runs better than it did with my dynamite top end pipe. i get 8-9 minutes out of it.

I run a Ninja MR28 with an Ofna 086 pipe set.
The car itself is all stock.I don't know too much about the oils and diffs,so I'm of no help,but what a great buggy..
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
9886/41020

not much experience with the 2060 pipe . i have seen it used on novarossi engines and it did seem to work fairly well , more than i could say for the 2050 on a novarossi engine .
Thanks..