R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #91
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post

And deny it all you want... the ARE toy cars.
Sure, kinda like Porsche's are toy cars, Motorcycles are Toys, etc etc. To someone they are toys, to others they are serious, high performance feats of engineering and are Racing Vehicles.

It's not their reality because you say it is, its only your perception of their reality. They are what they are IN YOUR WORLD, but not in everyone's.

I get it that you think this is all a silly game. Since that is so, why the hell are you in here bickering about something so juvenile then?
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #92
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
Just because you are fast locally but maybe so-so at a national event does not make you a sportsman or intermediate. It just makes you a so-so pro.

As a bmx racer I was fast locally and even regionally, but rarely made the main in the expert class at big national races. When I did make the main, it was rare to get a top 3 finish. However, if I raced "novice" at a national race, I would have absolutely destroyed that class and would have been sandbagging at its finest.

If you are fast locally, but not nationally, it just means you need to step your game up and rise to the occassion, not sandbag because you are the bottom half of the really fast guys imho.
I agree with you 100%. When I raced GNCC's, I routinely got a reality check when I went from a local or even regional level up to the National Level. You don't drop down a level to feel like a winner, you just push harder and challenge yourself.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #93
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chester View Post
Sure, kinda like Porsche's are toy cars, Motorcycles are Toys, etc etc. To someone they are toys, to others they are serious, high performance feats of engineering and are Racing Vehicles.

It's not their reality because you say it is, its only your perception of their reality. They are what they are IN YOUR WORLD, but not in everyone's.

I get it that you think this is all a silly game. Since that is so, why the hell are you in here bickering about something so juvenile then?
A little over the top there bud, we managed to get to 6 pages before the personal attacks started. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and since nobody called you a juvenile for taking it all too seriously, shame on you for instigating it
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #94
Tech Elite
 
Zerodefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Underground, Ohio
Posts: 4,305
Default

Someone allways steals my milk crate or empty 5 gallon bucket, so I carry a couple sandbags up to stand on. Things tend to not disappear when they weigh more than 50 pounds.

I have a little ladder to stand on for when we use the Ifmar ladder format for mains.

If the tracks nachos are too pricey, I brown bag.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #95
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
A little over the top there bud, we managed to get to 6 pages before the personal attacks started. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and since nobody called you a juvenile for taking it all too seriously, shame on you for instigating it
Taking it too seriously? Attack?
Did I call him juvenile? No, I did not. Reread the post, before you attack me.

That attitude is why this sport will never be seen as anything more than just toy racing.

Shame on you for not defending this sport as something more than just toy car playtime. As he was insinuating, in an insulting way.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #96
Tech Initiate
 
ChillinVillain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 40
Default

I'm not here or there... pretty much. If your sponsored Race Pro, If no sponsors - Race whatever you want.

For those that need it, I made a shirt a few years back for a little incident that happened at state... It was all in good fun, but the sales continue to sprikle in here and there. I don't make commission on this one, it sells at cost.

I can't post links yet, I'm new here.. If you go to cafepress.com and search Crombie Baggin It will come up for sale. It's a ambercrombie spoof.

The graphic that's on the tee is attached.

ENJOY!
Attached Thumbnails
SANDBAGGING  AT BIG RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!-ambercrombieblack.jpg  
__________________
The goal of all life is death.
ChillinVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #97
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,696
Default

The box for my D8 said it's for ages 14 and up. My KX450F said it has no warranty because it is a racing machine.
__________________
-TKO Competition Development-Sidewinder Fuel-
Alan D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #98
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Alright. Well maybe I am going a little over the top with this shit. I can't help it. I am very competitive by nature.
I apologize and respectfully bow out of this issue.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #99
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chester View Post
Taking it too seriously? Attack?
Did I call him juvenile? No, I did not. Reread the post, before you attack me.

That attitude is why this sport will never be seen as anything more than just toy racing.

Shame on you for not defending this sport as something more than just toy car playtime. As he was insinuating, in an insulting way.
I was not attacking you just making a point that there are allot more people who enjoy rc as a recreation and fun times then there are people who treat it like an Olympic Decathalon. Wether someone calls them toys or high dollar racing machines is irrelevent. The best thing about it is anyone can do it and love it just the same. IMHO the people who take it too seriously are the same people who are ruining it for everyone else and it is those same people who are also the sandbaggers.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #100
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Very well. But I am not one of either of those. I take it pretty serious otherwise I have no reason to spend this kind of money just to play. I could get stick to hitting the MX track for playtime for less than I am spending on this stuff. Anything that is playtime should not cost this much.
Matt Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #101
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Dude, Try Turbine Jets... everytime you crash $3000
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #102
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
That is not exactly correct. They are being paid to promote a product. Getting race results can be a big part of that... but so can being helpful to other racers, being personable and friendly, and talking up the product.



I see that differently. I'm playing with a toy car. If I get put in a race with Mike Battaile, Tex, Jason Branham, Hunter Kinsey (it can happen on the club race level anyway) I'm going to go have fun and try not to disrupt their race too badly. I'm not going to win... or place reasonbly... but I'm going to enjoy it just the same.

If you are a sportsman driver and are that stressed out about running in the same race with the "big boys," maybe you should evaluate how you look at the hobby.

I don't run the RC Pro state series races because they don't have a sportsman (a.k.a. intermediate) truggy class- not because I care about winning, but because I don't want to mess up the race for the fast guys. (OK, I did run the local one we had... but I won't travel for it...) I'm getting better at holding a line, but I still mess up way too much, and when I do I'm as likely to take someone else out as simply hold myself up.

Do I care that I'm getting beaten by 53,000 laps by the fast guys? Nope. I DO care if I ruin their day though.
I TRY to move over... take a corner a little wide and let them by, etc... but sometimes I end up making things worse. (On the other hand, for the guys who I'm close to in speed... I'm going to race you hard for every inch of the track.)

Look... we're all playing with toy cars. It IS a competition... but some folks take things like this way too seriously. You don't like the sandbaggers? Get faster so you can beat them.

I'll tease my friends about being sandbaggers... but that's all just in fun. I couldn't care less if they run pro or novice.
Nope,I have been running pro for about a year and a half.Make the "A" ABOUT 40 TO 50% of the time depending on practice time and setup.With all the posting you do I thought you were a pro for sure.....I don't think they're toys.I do this because it so closely resembles motocross but I don't get hurt.Sandbagging sux.It should not be allowed.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #103
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillinVillain View Post
I'm not here or there... pretty much. If your sponsored Race Pro, If no sponsors - Race whatever you want.

For those that need it, I made a shirt a few years back for a little incident that happened at state... It was all in good fun, but the sales continue to sprikle in here and there. I don't make commission on this one, it sells at cost.

I can't post links yet, I'm new here.. If you go to cafepress.com and search Crombie Baggin It will come up for sale. It's a ambercrombie spoof.

The graphic that's on the tee is attached.

ENJOY!
That's GREATNESS! Ron bought one of those because we were calling him sandbagger. When he moved up to open, we picked a successor- and handed it off to Scott Stanley at the Bossier City RC Pro race. Scott will move up this year... we'll see who gets it now!
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #104
Tech Master
 
tex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Cool To help this along......

We might need to reconfirm why this thread was started. The word toy is all relative to where you stand in life and where your individual priorities lie. There is no useful need for these cars we play with. They are shown and debuted at toy fairs. However, we chose to race them for entertainment. It just happens to be a more sophisticated model than your kids pine car.
The difference between this and a motorcycle is the motorbike can be used for work, play or sport.
These are model cars that we chose to race. The question is how do we race in an environment that diminishes the possibility of sandbagging. The only way to do this is to establish rules and procedures (& mindsets) to clean it up. The National ranking system is just one tool offered here that could help us achieve this (if it is needed).
Anyone that has a stake in this topic has to be serious about their racing. If you are not serious about it then maybe you should just stick to reading.
Now to all you racers.... where did we leave off??
<-------- Not done yet!
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #105
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: southern ca
Posts: 164
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

should a team manager running intermediate laptimes(like could tq the intermediate class) be running in sportsman?
__________________
"when a man live's dangerous he's not afraid to die, ...... when a man's not afraid to die he live's stangely happy."
bigred0988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net