R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Actually closer to Ft Worth

It was held in Alvorado which is south of Ft Worth before I-35E and I-35W meet up.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't know if its talent as much as just keep trying to get better each week. Lately with some additions to my kit the videos have taken a pretty large leap forward with regard to quality and correctness of colors. If you watch the vid that came out yesterday or so on the Associated site you'll see the difference a mattebox and fan do. No artifacts from the lights etc. Stray light messes with your image big time I found out. Now my rig is much easier on me to handle and takes much better images so I'm super pleased with the upgrades.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

how much vid do you have of the interm truggy a-main
Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Default Didn't get any of those

I was a little late and missed the intermediate mains.

Griz
Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Great work again Grizz, cant wait to see more.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

GREAT VID!

If you guys haven't tried it yet, download VLC Player, it's the best I've ever used and plays everything that other players couldn't play.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #21
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

track looks like it was a handful
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:41 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
track looks like it was a handful
By the time the Pro Buggy Final ran the track was pretty rough. Appearances are deceiving- it wasn't a particularly EASY track even when it was smooth. (And when I first showed up I looked at it and thought it was.)

Some of the jumps were absolutely about timing- in particular the back double-double, the 2 small doubles after the tabletop on the back left, and the triple in the middle. In order: If you didn't backside the first double in the back, all the motor in the world wouldn't get you to clear the second one... you HAD to be gentle on the tabletop in the back left corner, because to make the 2 doubles after you had to get the suspension loaded to put power down coming off the tabletop... and the triple was JUST do-able if you had a good runup... I personally found that keeping the turn tight and double-single that was almost as fast and a lot less risky. Granted, I'm not a very good driver... but even the pros were doing that a good percentage of the time.

Overall it was a great track layout, lots of fun to drive- maybe more fun than it looks like because it WAS more challenging than it looks.

Of course Carlton always puts on a great event... and Paul is the the king of race directors. (He's a lot of the reason that N-Control in Austin is my favorite track.)

The Diamond W arena is a great venue for big races- nice facility, lots of room, they keep it clean and well maintained (even the restrooms, with hundreds of slobs there making a mess...) it is well ventilated, but under cover so weather is not a factor... the track surface suffers because there isn't enough preparation time, but the race is squeezed into a week between other events. Oh well, it is OFFROAD racing, right? If you want a smooth surface, there is always onroad...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Default Its offroad its supposed to be rough

I've been to all types of racing events and at every one of them the drivers all complain about the track. Its never right no matter what. I liked watching the fast guys pick new lines as the surface changed during the long mains. How they managed the ruts was a race in itself. No temporary track is going to hold up that well. It takes too long to pack it properly. One thing I can say is I saw the best racing in the 3 years I've been to the event. The dust and smoke were in much better control this year. Although still present. Not nearly as bad as last year. It would be hard for me to make a big event like that if it weren't held in Tx so I'm a little biased. I'm hoping to shoot the pre-worlds and worlds in Houston next year. Maybe that guy from Australia that makes vids will show up and I can go for the win

Griz
Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Default Replaced the files

I figured out I used the wrong template when I first rendered the Teaser. Ended up showing some artifacts when zoomed up to full screen. Can't have that so I reencoded it and reuploaded the files. If you downloaded the MP4 get the new one its better. Even the streaming is better. Sorry about that. I was still zoned from going to the race when I did that vid

Griz