Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR banning New Truggy bodies!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
I would agree, but they are who ran and were elected because of that. De-electing them would not change that fact.

I honestly think it should be broken into offroad and onroad. offroad for offroad, onroad for onroad. That way, people make the rules for their type of racing.
Agreed! we need an offroad Roar, and an onroad Roar. They can send me a PM with a Ballot on it any time. If the VTR is illegal than half the custom cut tires on my bench are to. Having cut other brands tread to the pro-line bead.....
Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Per Dawn Post - I retract my rant
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
HELLO!!

ROAR IS NOT BANNING THE TRUGGY BODY MADE BY PROLINE, JCONCEPTS AND LOSI.

ROAR IS NOT BANNING ANY TRUGGY BODY.

THERE ARE NO OFF ROAD BODY RULES OR APPROVALS.

ROAR IS NOT BANNING THE TRUGGY BODY.

RC racing hobby was designed to emulate 1:1 racing. Therefore, the rules are designed for just this.

AGAIN... ROAR IS NOT BANNING ANY TRUGGY BODY.

ROAR is though, asking the body companies this next year to come up with guidelines for body rules to be followed much like what happened years ago with electric truck and recently with SCT bodies.

OK...??

Last edited by token; 11-04-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

who the hell races RC, especially 1/8, because the cars resemble 1:1 cars? WTF?

We have a realistic truggy class already, it is called stock slash.

NO ONE gives a bucket of hamster piss what the bodies look like on the cars as long as they look cool with some flame paint and stickers. Why is ROAR or anyone even wasting brain cells discussing it as a potential rule?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What is hilarious is that there is a Fuel Offroad Committee to work in these problems. It's not the Excomm picking things out of the air, it is actual off road racers.

That being said, truggies are a heinous eye crime...
Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Gees.. I cannot believe this place and the absolute and total false statements that are made and people actually believe them without even going to the source to find out.

No.

This is not true.

Voice your opinion on items that actually have some truth to them.

The new style of body for the truggy is being looked at BY THE BODY companies in 2010 to set a direction for the class in 2011. This class has not had any set guidelines and is beginning to go a direction outside of the intent of RC racing ... which, by the way, is to resemble 1:1 racing.

Off road currently does not have a body approval system and ROAR would like to keep it that way. (please, refer to the meeting minutes, posted on the ROAR website where actual news for ROAR is stated)

And BigEdmond - ROAR did not ILLEGALIZE the VTR Wheels. The wheel is larger than the dimensions in the rule book.
I beg to differ. off road to resemble 1:1 racing, have you been to an offroad race? did you see those doubles and triples out there, 1:1 scale only has singles and whoops. so why dont you make it so tracks can only have singles and whoops. 1:1 resemblance is for onroad racers and the shourt course guys. That statement alone PROVES why we need a seperate brach for offroad.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I for one also didn't like the look of the cab forward design initially. After a while, I got used to it and now have purchased the J-Concepts punisher body for my D8T.

I for one do not want ROAR to get this involved with what a 1/8th truck body should look like. If off road buggies don't look like real bodies, then why should 1/8th scale trucks have to look like a real truck. When 1/8th scale trucks took off a few years back, they weren't even accepted by ROAR until after it really became a viable race class. If they want the 1/8th trucks to follow what real trucks look like, then why do they allow the suspension arms and tires stick out so far? I've never seen a real truck with long suspension arms that stick out of the body the way 1/8th trucks do. If you want scale or realism, then the short course trucks are the way to go and do away with the 1/8th truck class.

If they wanted to limit bodies, why do it after a certain group of companies already spent time and money making these bodies. ROAR IMO should not restrict these companies from making available these options and other performance upgrades to racers because the truggy class is really the future of off road racing. I see many new racers who do not have the skills to drive a buggy get a truggy instead because they are easier to drive, and have a similar level of fun like a 1/8th scale buggy. These people bring alot of money, and fun for everyone into the hobby.

It's just like the shocks, when one company came out with big bores a few years back, why didn't they say it can't be done or make a maximum limit as to the diameter of the shocks? If you allow one company to make a change that affects the performance of the vehicle, then why should a body be any different? Where will it stop? The next thing will be that they will come out with a rule saying all motors must be on the left side of the vehicle, or the servo needs to be on the right, etc. Maybe one day, they will say only associated vehicles are acceptable for racing. If you leave the decision to these people, you only have their personal perspective. If you want to outlaw the cab forward design, show me the performance gains under real world conditions that is unfair to a standard truggy body that affects the overall performance of the vehicles. Anything else is personal choice and that should be left to the user, not the organization.

Going down this road on an item such as body like the cab forward design will lead to other restrictions on growth of the hobby in the long run which many companies cannot afford at this critical time.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I agree Token. Nothing like shutting the barn door after the horse is loose.

With the economy taking a toll on everything, why would ROAR want to rock the boat ? Racing has slowed down as a whole and alot of teams have cut back on attending races. Just doesn't justify anything.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

HELLO!!

RC racing hobby was designed to emulate 1:1 racing. Therefore, the rules are designed for just this.

ROAR is though, asking the body companies this next year to come up with guidelines for body rules to be followed much like what happened years ago with electric truck and recently with SCT bodies.

OK...??
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

And BigEdmond - ROAR did not ILLEGALIZE the VTR Wheels. The wheel is larger than the dimensions in the rule book.
The difference in mount is what makes the rim size different. 1 uses tongue and groove, other is flat, the way Buggy has been for years.

And if all this is not true, why are manufacturers being told they need to change the mold?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

HELLO!!

OK...??
In 1 breathe they are not banning anything, yet the next you want guidelines. i got whiplash from that one. Wouldnt guidelines be use to say, ban something?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And why would they ban the VTR if it's available for all to buy and use ?? Makes NO sense. Instead of letting the sport advance, the red light goes on? WHY doesn't ROAR listen to what racers are asking for ??
Old 11-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

as stated I would.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 11-04-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
In 1 breathe they are not banning anything, yet the next you want guidelines. i got whiplash from that one. Wouldnt guidelines be use to say, ban something?
ROAR wants a direction of the class to be defined. What is wrong in asking the MFG's to set those directions. If the direction is the 'tadpole' design, so be it.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Whats wrong with asking the Racers to set those directions? I don't want a tadpole design, I race & I pay to join ROAR yearly (maybe not next year).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.