R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thought the whole point was to make sure the rear shock tower is covered?
Honestly i dont see it as such as a big deal companies just need to change their molds to something like the mugen body with shock tower blisters in the body.

Funny everyone gets uptight about the bodies but they fail to realize roar also made the VTR tires and wheel illegal! strangly most people dont know that.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Bigedmond;6563850]

My source, a proline employee is not mad about a clearly defined rule. He is upset about a new rule, that makes the VTR tire illegal. I will agree with the V3 buggy tire being illegal.

The VTR is illegal? that bead design is the best out there so far. Why ban it is the same size as all the other tires.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They are actually different sizes, thats why they are illegal.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rider313;6563871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post

My source, a proline employee is not mad about a clearly defined rule. He is upset about a new rule, that makes the VTR tire illegal. I will agree with the V3 buggy tire being illegal.

The VTR is illegal? that bead design is the best out there so far. Why ban it is the same size as all the other tires.
The new rule, states the inside diameter must be 3.75", the VTR is 4", Thus illegal. Another rule that is crap. The fact that it mounts like a buggy rim is what makes it illegal. Now justify that Dawn. Instead of having the rib that sticks in the rim, the buggy style mount which has been legal for years makes this tire illegal?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
...Funny everyone gets uptight about the bodies but they fail to realize roar also made the VTR tires and wheel illegal! strangly most people dont know that.
news to me, but sad news indeed Why do they insist on holding back the sport ? Instead of giving accolades for advancement, they instead punish forward thinking Why is it illegal if any racer can buy them ?? It's not like only some racers are lucky enough to get them..everyone can buy them thus eliminating any unfair advantages to any one racer. It's just another choice that was available.

Why do they care if the rear shock towers are covered, will this make a huge difference on lap times? I'm just curious why these genius rules were created?
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
Old 11-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Anyone one have another bag of popcorn? Take Pay-Pal too?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
news to me, but sad news indeed Why do they insist on holding back the sport ? Instead of giving accolades for advancement, they instead punish forward thinking

Why do they care if the rear shock towers are covered, will this make a huge difference on lap times? I'm just curious why this genius rule was created?
The people that make the rules for ROAR are elected people, most i know of are onroad racers. Therefore could care less about offroad improvements.

I know of 1, that hates everything about offroad, even told my club he wished offroad racing would just die off. He is one of the guys making our rules.

The new body improves performance, and that is what should matter. Having the rear shock tower covered will make no difference in safety, so it shouldn't matter. They say its about making the cars look realistic. Then ban the wings on buggys and truggys. I go to TORC, LOORS, and Baja 1000 races, and have never seen a huge wing on one of those vehicles.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Stupid stuff like this is why I only run club tracks. Just another example of ROAR making rules just for the sake of making rules. Stuff like this is the reason so many people dislike them in the first place.

ROAR should be making rules to keep the sport safe and defining classes that is it. JMO

Home site www.HPISavageForum.com

Youtube user: ThePopeNJ
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #54
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
There is some rules I understand and agree with. I have no problem what the size of the tank is, engine limit (.21 in buggies and .28 in truggies), etc. But making the rules that they have been putting out lately have been dumb. For example the no decals rules unless you are sponsored. What does me having a Losi or Mugen decal on the side of my car do that is so wrong. I understand it was only in certain classes but still.
You know whats funny ? the engine limit rule really is worthless when you think about it..... In todays competition what harm would come from allowing larger motors ? I mean most of todays .21's are overpowered already, and its been shown too much power actually ends in slower lap times..... IMO having a larger engine would be a disadvantage not an advantage these days....
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Then I think that some of these board members should be de-elected ( if that's even a word ) Or better yet, Sponsors should maybe invest their $$$ in a different racing league, one that racers and manufacturers are happy to be in.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

ROAR needs to remember they work for us, if it was US buying these truck/cars/buggies THEY wouldnt have a JOB. Roar is for races by races right? then why dont they listen to the racers on what they think is legal. That seem to me the only way it should be right? I didnt vote these ppl in, did you? were do you vote so i can vote them OUT?
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #57
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

wonder what losi is going to do if they ban the body. i guess i need to stop using vtr since they are illegal, no since in using a tire if i cant use it in big races

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
Then I think that some of these board members should be de-elected ( if that's even a word )
I would agree, but they are who ran and were elected because of that. De-electing them would not change that fact.

I honestly think it should be broken into offroad and onroad. offroad for offroad, onroad for onroad. That way, people make the rules for their type of racing.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #59
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
wonder what losi is going to do if they ban the body. i guess i need to stop using vtr since they are illegal, no since in using a tire if i cant use it in big races
It only matters if it is a ROAR santion race.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
As most of you may heard Roar is in the process of banning the new trugy bodies styles from Losi, Jconcepts, and Pro-Line. I started this thread to bring all the other threads that are talking about this to one. So feel free to voice your opinion here and let your voice be heard.
Gees.. I cannot believe this place and the absolute and total false statements that are made and people actually believe them without even going to the source to find out.

No.

This is not true.

Voice your opinion on items that actually have some truth to them.

The new style of body for the truggy is being looked at BY THE BODY companies in 2010 to set a direction for the class in 2011. This class has not had any set guidelines and is beginning to go a direction outside of the intent of RC racing ... which, by the way, is to resemble 1:1 racing.

Off road currently does not have a body approval system and ROAR would like to keep it that way. (please, refer to the meeting minutes, posted on the ROAR website where actual news for ROAR is stated)

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 11-04-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: as per request
Closed Thread

Tags
best thread ever!