R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
ROAR would have a body committee made up of manufacturers in this field and thus have particular measurement limits.

I'd like to see a picture of a real truck that looks like the "current trend".
I'd like to see a picture of a real truggy that looks like the crowd pleazer for once. This ROAR ban is silly at most, the next step is what color we have to paint to be "realistic"
Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagoo73 View Post
I'd like to see a truggy of any generation that looks like a real truck (with the possible exception of the CRT)... And none of them look like what I understand as a truggy in the true 1:1 sense. If you want acurate truck bodies go get a Slash or a Savage with a Proline F150 on it.

I'm in the UK, so this rule doesn't directly affect us, but if the Cab Over bodies are banned in the US chances are the manufacturers will stop making them, effectivelly banning them world wide.
++1

AGREED. Because there's no such thing as a full size truggy, they originated in RC, and therefore RC should dictate what they really are, not the 1:1 world.

Also, from a spectator's perspective, it's nice to have some differentiation, to know who's who, besides, if they can't tell that they are all truggies, racing in a truggy race, then there's no hope for them! Isn't that the point of having a race class, truggies race with truggies, buggies race with buggies...so chances are, if the bodies look different and they are racing in the same race, they are the same type of vehicle..any idiot should be able to figure that out. LOL
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
Old 11-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #33
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracing View Post
I'd like to see a picture of a real truggy that looks like the crowd pleazer for once. This ROAR ban is silly at most, the next step is what color we have to paint to be "realistic"

HAHA...no kidding! Waddaya mean, haven't you ever seen the Ford Crowd Pleazer driving around the hood ?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
ROAR would have a body committee made up of manufacturers in this field and thus have particular measurement limits.

i think this came up in the "ugly truggys" thread, but somebody posted this there (i forgot who), and i agreed. besides the truggy bodies being alot more aerodynamically profiled its about the same styling IMO:
Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
somebody posted this before (i forgot who), and i agreed. besides the truggy bodies being alot more aerodynamically profiled its about the same styling IMO:
Is that a Crowd Pleazer 2.0 ?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Find me a buggy body that looks like an actual buggy body. Of course you don't see buggies driving down the road everyday but our 1/8 buggy bodies don't even resemble the 1:1 scale offroad buggies with their rounded flowing bodies and oversize wings on the back.

Atleast the newer generation truggy bodies actually resemble a production truck. Of course they don't look like any specific production truck but atleast they have a cab forward design with an actual bed area.

There was some talk about this on Live RC a couple weeks ago but the ROAR top brass wouldn't really comment.......which just led me to think they are really considering this ban. I hope that I'm wrong.

Tekno RC | Jconcepts| Trinity | Hobbywing | MKS Servos | Elevation Sports | Code 3 RC |
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
Is that a Crowd Pleazer 2.0 ?
brought to you by Toyota
Old 11-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #38
Tech Master

LMAO!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I've seen ROAR drive various classes into the ground through the years because of things like this.

Why do you think things like JBRL and RC Pro Series started showing up?

I think the new bodies look more like a pickup truck now, more than ever. The only thing 'wrong' looking is the slanted roofline.

Buggies have always had the smallest, chassis-hugging body possible and still do. They don't represent anything either; it's just a race car.

The Trucks are something that got started because of the desire to have a bigger, easier to drive, more stable platform on bigger/rougher tracks...and face it; trucks are cool and it was the next logical replacement/progression from 1/10 stadium.

The PL Shift truggy bodies are fairly realistic; but they look like the 1/10 bodies used to and not so much like a pickup really because there's no 'bed' area.

I think PL now has kind of given them a scare because the new Bulldog front end is ever more rounded/hammered down with the roofline.

And the minutes don't reflect that any banning is being done at this point. They're just requesting that all the mfg. come together and get on the same page and make a "typical" body so all the trucks vaguely look the same instead of everyone going in different directions.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

Someone already posted a pic of what I was talking about. What I meant is that the flat part of the new bodies looks like a box and then the cab up front. You can't tell me that the older style looks more like a truck then the new style. They look more like cars with monster wheels. And at the end of day who really got into racing because there vehicle looked like the real thing. I know I didn't and I don't know anyone else that did. I can maybe see getting into the hobby but not racing. An equivalent would be having F1 cars have to look like a car. Yes they are adding things to slow them down like nascar, but that is because they were going to fast and at some point safety has to step in. Our RC cars are going to just as much damage if they hit a person with the new body or old body.

Last edited by shanty140; 11-04-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added stuff
Old 11-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #41
Tech Master

First a 4 cell hard case rule with no motor limit now this.

ROAR, There is no such thing as a real truggy (or easter bunny or santa).
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
Old 11-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #42
Tech Elite

ROAR sucks big time. First they limit performance by dictating certain dimensions and weights, then they limit the size engine you can run, and on top of all that they have the nuts to tell me how big a fuel tank I can run!?

ROAR won't even let you run without a body!!! Dicks.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
ROAR sucks big time. First they limit performance by dictating certain dimensions and weights, then they limit the size engine you can run, and on top of all that they have the nuts to tell me how big a fuel tank I can run!?

ROAR won't even let you run without a body!!! Dicks.
There is some rules I understand and agree with. I have no problem what the size of the tank is, engine limit (.21 in buggies and .28 in truggies), etc. But making the rules that they have been putting out lately have been dumb. For example the no decals rules unless you are sponsored. What does me having a Losi or Mugen decal on the side of my car do that is so wrong. I understand it was only in certain classes but still.

Last edited by shanty140; 11-04-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IMO roar is going to piss alot of people and manufacters off by doing this especially losi and losi drivers, the only reason there making this rule is because the general public will take one look at the bodies n say that's ugly n I won't buy it. The first time I saw the 2.0 body I said WTF were they thinking but now I see them and love the style they grew on me I love the aggressive over the front tower look, it looks like a racer to me. But in the end it's those first impressions people think when they see it that's making roar think it's hurting the class and sales off truggies. It goes both ways racers love it and i'd say bashers and people that buy them to take out to feild to jump and have fun wouldn't like the style. Roar can come up with a better rule then banning the bodies, maybe having the stock bodies that come in kits n rtr's stay realistic and for people who want the best have it as an option. Now we can keep the realistic look for the bashers n the racers can have there race bodies.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Absolutely untrue. And your "source" is angry over another clearly defined rule issue.

Please read the rules about bodies in this class and you will understand the direction the body is going is very much against the direction of the rule.

For now, ROAR is asking the MFG's to come up with some design specifications so they (the body companies) can determine the direction of the class.

I don't like the body because its NOT anything in represenation of a full size racing truck. I am pretty sure my job is to ensure the intregity of the classes and racing.

That is a real, full size truggy. The body that You like Dawn looks nothing like that.

My source, a proline employee is not mad about a clearly defined rule. He is upset about a new rule, that makes the VTR tire illegal. I will agree with the V3 buggy tire being illegal.

The big problem, ROAR has onroad racers making rules for offroad racing. You want to improve ROAR? Make it so Offroad racers make the rules for offroad, and onroad racers for onroad. I will be upfront and say, i should never make an onroad rule, because i dislike onroad. But having people like Rich Taylor, someone who absolutely hates Offroad racing, he should have no say in rules for offroad. Dont give me the crap about signing up for election, as i do not have the time.
Closed Thread

Tags
best thread ever!