R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #16
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Wow ROAR is getting pounded in many different forums. I thought the touring part of ROAR was the only side getting beat down but I see it happens in 1/8 as well. They really know how to ruffle racers feathers thats for sure.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs down

this rule is infact ridiculous.why does it matter what they look like? this is just crap IMO!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
People are always going to be looking for something different. That's how things evolve. Otherwise we'd all be racing 2wd buggies still. Hell, RC cars wouldn't even be around.

These bodies should be a choice. What makes them illegal? They don't look like a real vehicle? And 1/8 scale buggies do? Touring cars do? Especially TC's have evolved into plastic shells that have more to do with aerodynamics than they do to scale appearance.
+1

Basically, the option to run these bodies should still be there, if a person doesn't like how they look, then don't have to buy one, plain and simple. Just because 50% of the people don't like how it looks, it doesn't mean that the other 50% that do like them shouldn't be allowed to run them. It's obvious that these bodies are popular if both JC and ProLine are making them. The class is evolving, as any new class does, and should. Truggies started short, now they're long. ROAR let them evolve in performance, so they should let them evolve in looks too.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Default Geeze

I personally like buggies over truggies, but I really don't see a problem with the weird new bodies, true they are ugly, but I would think the low slung bodies would be more durable and save money down the road. when truggies first came out the bodies were breaking so fast.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

If they are trying to keep the "stadium look" we should look into a different wing then. The stock RC8T body is the closet "stadium looking body", but the wing doesn't match up.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8ight832 View Post
this rule is infact ridiculous.why does it matter what they look like? this is just crap IMO!
Yeah who cares.....?!?!

My submission for what should be built next for a truggy body. Although it is a real car....truck....car....truck..... oh hell forget it.
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR banning New Truggy bodies!-holden-ute.jpg  

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #22
Tech Regular

maybe it has been said before as i did not read every post, but, this seems like poor timing on ROAR's part. Here is why, new product advertising is extremely expensive as is the promotional push behind the ads I am sure everyone has seen from at least JConcepts's body. Losi, Pro-Line, and JConcepts will lose a lot of money over this decision. Not to mention that during these times when people are still cutting back and not purchasing as much as they used to, is it really appropriate to cut back on products which they do purchase? This new style body was extremely popular, and more or less the "wave of the future." For those F1 fans out there, I think we in R/C are going to start seeing the same trend. Making the cars slower. Drivers already do it to their own cars in favor of consistency and fuel mileage, i think it is only a matter of time before the sanctioning bodies begin to impose more stringent rules to fight the technology. In a few years time we will all be using 1/8th scales which weigh 5lbs wet and are powered by .18s. Cutting back on a performance body is only the beginning.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #23
Tech Regular

ok i understand limiting rules for the class. to make sure it's a level playing field...BUT why not let the truggy class continue to grow a lil and figure out where it's going??? are they supposed to be stadium?? or the cab over that they've evolved into??? WHO says a truggy can't be a cab-over???? It's a fairly new class. so lets let the designers come up with the best performance (relative) for the class THEN limit rules. idk if that makes any sense but it does to me. let it evolve till everyone comes up with virtually the same thing THEN limit it. LOOK at buggies...YES i addmit they are all different but look at the Losi,Xray,and Mugen... all thin light weight buggys that look similar. if you put All the top buggy manufactures next to each other and have and have a non racer look at them they can't tell a difference but truggies..... different story. look at a the ST-RR, X2-CRT, 8ight-T 1.0, MBX5-T sitting next to the 8ight-T 2.0, MBX6-T, and D8T...non-racers can't tell you they're in the same class. LET the manufactures come up with designs that are all similar (look at where they're headed now) and when non-racers can't tell the difference then make the rules that only WE RACERS will notice... just my .02
Old 11-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am not an expect on all the ROAR rules. But who would decide what bodies legal and what body isn't. Meaning at what point does a body become a cab over body and one of a normal body. Basically trying to say how are they going to enforce this rule. Are they going to go by opinion or actual dimensions. I think the rule is dumb. The old style bodies don't look like real trucks either, and if anything the new bodies look like more of a real truck with the box then anything else.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Yeah who cares.....?!?!

My submission for what should be built next for a truggy body. Although it is a real car....truck....car....truck..... oh hell forget it.
I think the correct term is "Ute". Top chioce there dude the only thing that could look better than a HSV is Megan Fox... topless... kissing her identical twin... who is topless also

Truggies or buggies don't really look like any kind of real vehicle to me, but i'm not exactly a racer for this rule to effect me in any way so I won't say anything on the topic.

Cheers
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
I am not an expect on all the ROAR rules. But who would decide what bodies legal and what body isn't. Meaning at what point does a body become a cab over body and one of a normal body. Basically trying to say how are they going to enforce this rule. Are they going to go by opinion or actual dimensions. I think the rule is dumb. The old style bodies don't look like real trucks either, and if anything the new bodies look like more of a real truck with the box then anything else.
ROAR would have a body committee made up of manufacturers in this field and thus have particular measurement limits.

I'd like to see a picture of a real truck that looks like the "current trend".

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hell just rename them FUGGLYS instead of truggys:lol wich is what they are lol.then it wouldnt have to look like a truck!!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I for one like the looks of the new bodies, it took me awhile but they grew on me. If you dont like them dont buy them, plane and simple, its a free world. But saying that if you put a 2.0 losi truck by a 1.0 and not know they were in the smae class, thats kinda iffy to me, you'd have to be priity far out in left fild to not know. But i think that these new bodies are heading the class into the right direction, they have come a long way since the have origunated. If we let Roar make them eligal then whats going to stop them from making the truggy class like the onroad class, all running mazda bodies, this is a class for tecnology and originality, since thats the way it started, a buggy with MT tires and a stadium truck body. I am not saying the shouldnt put a limmit on odies i am just saying this is not the body to do it on.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #29
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
I'd like to see a picture of a real truck that looks like the "current trend".
I'd like to see a truggy of any generation that looks like a real truck (with the possible exception of the CRT)... And none of them look like what I understand as a truggy in the true 1:1 sense. If you want acurate truck bodies go get a Slash or a Savage with a Proline F150 on it.

I'm in the UK, so this rule doesn't directly affect us, but if the Cab Over bodies are banned in the US chances are the manufacturers will stop making them, effectivelly banning them world wide.

Who the **** is MrMagoo???
Old 11-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagoo73 View Post
I'd like to see a truggy of any generation that looks like a real truck (with the possible exception of the CRT)... And none of them look like what I understand as a truggy in the true 1:1 sense. If you want acurate truck bodies go get a Slash or a Savage with a Proline F150 on it.

I'm in the UK, so this rule doesn't directly affect us, but if the Cab Over bodies are banned in the US chances are the manufacturers will stop making them, effectivelly banning them world wide.
I cant agree more, for all you bashers out there saying this wont afect me since i dont race, you are wrong, if you like these bodies and roar bands them were do you think you will buy them??? If i wanted to drive/race a truck that resembled 1:1 I would get a short course truck but i dont so i dont.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
Closed Thread

Tags
best thread ever!