R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #136
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: oc florida
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

typical Roar as of late, you give these douche bags some power then they try to change the game. Dawn Sanchez and her cronnies are the ones doing this. same group that are hating on the proline tires. ITs just like politics, just find out who is padding there wallets and or who there sponsored by and youll find the reason there making all these new rules
OCKyosho is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #137
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Well, dont ROAR Members get to vote on rule changes......they have like 5000 members, so if they followed there own rule about members voting and only 100 vote - it either was not posted to everyone by ROAR or they opened the polls for like 3 mins, because just on this site there are ALOT of people that talk the talk and I KNOW they will walk the walk

OK I understand that they are not banning the bodies.... BUT WAIT I have a question.................Dawn said they were not banning bodies and they did not want to, BUT want the manufactors to come up with a "guideline" for the bodies. So that means if Losi, Mugen, HB, Proline, JC, ect... come together and say this is what a body should look like, what happens if Proline say naa I will make this one that goes aginst the grain, no one can stop Proline from making and selling them and ROAR is "not" banning bodies..... so what would be the point of a guideline......?
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #138
Tech Master
 
NitroFreakManHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstairs, Canada
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo
Default

Good point. Why doesn't ROAR just look at where the class is heading at the moment for their guidelines, the manufacturers are basically telling you what they want, with the products they are producing for that class.

As for the VTR not fitting into the rules...umm..change the frickin rules! They aren't etched in stone. At least, anybody can walk into an LHS and buy a VTR off the shelf, but not everyone can cut their own tires! If the VTR is outlawed, then ROAR should ban custom cut tires too, plain and simple. This makes more sense than banning a production rim/tire that's available to the whole RC community. IMO, if anyone can buy it, then it keeps the field level. Not everyone can run custom cut tires.but you allow those

And if ROAR wants RC to resemble 1:1 racing, then tell everyone to take their wings off, shorten their A-Arms, get rid of their pan chassis and rear independent suspension etc, etc. THIS IS RC FOR GOD'S SAKE, NOT FULL SCALE RACING! Full scale cars can't do what our race cars can do, so they'll never resemble each other!
__________________
TEAM TERRIBLES √ 2009/2011 SORRCC Points Series Truggy Champ
CRE Werks B5 powered Serpent 811-T
CRE Nova P5 Powered Serpent 811-B
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #139
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painy View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet..

But.. if the current batch of truggy bodies are banned.. does that also meen we cant run rear buggy wings on truggies either..

i dont remember seeing any Real truggys or Trucks with huge wings on the back of them

what about the wheels.. are they going to make us run smaller wheels too.. as i dont remember seing any truggys or trucks with wheels and tires that are the sdame scale as what we run now.

I think if they ban the bodies.. they have to ban everything.. and as i have read.. we may as well run slashes.
I don't know about other mgf's but the losi buggy and truggy both use the same stock wing. So does that mean the losi wings are illegal by roar rules?
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #140
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
Good point. Why doesn't ROAR just look at where the class is heading at the moment for their guidelines, the manufacturers are basically telling you what they want, with the products they are producing for that class.

As for the VTR not fitting into the rules...umm..change the frickin rules! They aren't etched in stone. At least, anybody can walk into an LHS and buy a VTR off the shelf, but not everyone can cut their own tires! If the VTR is outlawed, then ROAR should ban custom cut tires too, plain and simple. This makes more sense than banning a production rim/tire that's available to the whole RC community. IMO, if anyone can buy it, then it keeps the field level. Not everyone can run custom cut tires.but you allow those

And if ROAR wants RC to resemble 1:1 racing, then tell everyone to take their wings off, shorten their A-Arms, get rid of their pan chassis and rear independent suspension etc, etc. THIS IS RC FOR GOD'S SAKE, NOT FULL SCALE RACING! Full scale cars can't do what our race cars can do, so they'll never resemble each other!
I'm not going to comment on the body issue to much here, other then to say that the new "Truggy" bodies look like a$$, but if that it the direction the mfgs want to go with I will go with em. I do believe that if you remove the "roll bar and roll bar webbing" on the PL Shift for example, it looks just like a truck. I leave that part clear when I paint the truck and from a few steps back, looks like a pick up. (and as a side note I don't have an F'd up looking head on my engine from it being exposed(how many have broken fins and s**t on there buggy motor heads?))

As for the Tire rules. As I see it, the guidelines/ rules were set. If Tire MFG A comes out with a tire that does not meet the rules. Bad on them. As for cutting tires, as far as I know this is already illegal.

If you really want to see what happens when MFGs have the ability to do what they want, look at what F1 became the last 15 years or so. Who besides Ferrari could win? Only until the FIA took away the "he with the most money" rules did it become more competetive. Do we really want to see the same in off road racing or R/C racing? As it stands right now the rules are in place to keep us from all having to run Brand A because that is the only thing that is competetive because it costs the most, or it makes its own rules...

Last thing... If you don't like ROAR... Don't race at a ROAR event... and I'm willing to bet half the people posting in here have yet to go to anything besides a club-level race or ever intend on going to national or higher event, so run what you like, but if you go to a sanctioned race, expect to abide by the rules.

Big Ed - See you next JBRL in SB
__________________
Tekno NB48 Samurai Proline Tires
Tekno NT48 XZB Speed Proline Tires
Tekno EB48.3 Viper Proline Tires
Tekno / Dialed RC Hobbies / TKO Competition Development /
Stirex is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #141
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirex View Post
Last thing... If you don't like ROAR... Don't race at a ROAR event... and I'm willing to bet half the people posting in here have yet to go to anything besides a club-level race or ever intend on going to national or higher event, so run what you like, but if you go to a sanctioned race, expect to abide by the rules.

Big Ed - See you next JBRL in SB
dude, jbrl uses roar rules.
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #142
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
dude, jbrl uses roar rules.
I know, and I abide with them when I race with em. If the rules change I will change with em...
__________________
Tekno NB48 Samurai Proline Tires
Tekno NT48 XZB Speed Proline Tires
Tekno EB48.3 Viper Proline Tires
Tekno / Dialed RC Hobbies / TKO Competition Development /
Stirex is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #143
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirex View Post
I know, and I abide with them when I race with em. If the rules change I will change with em...
you said you dont race at a roar event?
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #144
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirex View Post
As for the Tire rules. As I see it, the guidelines/ rules were set. If Tire MFG A comes out with a tire that does not meet the rules. Bad on them. As for cutting tires, as far as I know this is already illegal.

Big Ed - See you next JBRL in SB
My 2009 rule book doesnt have a rule on tires for truggy. I checked after i was told that the rule is new for 2010. That means the rule was made, after the tire was released. Hence, ROAR went after the VTR. Granted, AKA, and Jconcepts dont make a time the same size, but the VTR just works.

I will be at next week JBRL at Hot Rod, so i will see you there.
Bigedmond is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #145
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
My 2009 rule book doesnt have a rule on tires for truggy. I checked after i was told that the rule is new for 2010. That means the rule was made, after the tire was released. Hence, ROAR went after the VTR. Granted, AKA, and Jconcepts dont make a time the same size, but the VTR just works.

I will be at next week JBRL at Hot Rod, so i will see you there.
Ah, well I stand corrected then But you could look at it like any other racing rule, Brand A comes out with something that is not the norm, and it gives a large advantage, but because no one had pushed those rules yet, rules did not have to be in place. Now that someone has pushed the guideline, rules have to be set...

Not going to that one, just got the taste of it when it was at SB. But next year I will make all the races, already have the vacation time saved up and maybe I won't run out of gas at the Start-Finish again :P

losi_racer: no where in there does it say I don't race at them ? or would?
__________________
Tekno NB48 Samurai Proline Tires
Tekno NT48 XZB Speed Proline Tires
Tekno EB48.3 Viper Proline Tires
Tekno / Dialed RC Hobbies / TKO Competition Development /
Stirex is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #146
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirex View Post
Ah, well I stand corrected then But you could look at it like any other racing rule, Brand A comes out with something that is not the norm, and it gives a large advantage, but because no one had pushed those rules yet, rules did not have to be in place. Now that someone has pushed the guideline, rules have to be set...

Not going to that one, just got the taste of it when it was at SB. But next year I will make all the races, already have the vacation time saved up

losi_racer: no where in there does it say I don't race at them ? or would?
nvm i reread it i apologize i read that wrong, my bad
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline  
Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #147
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
nvm i reread it i apologize i read that wrong, my bad
LOL no problem it happens, can't take forums too seriously anyways, typed words don't always convey the thoughts one might have accurately
__________________
Tekno NB48 Samurai Proline Tires
Tekno NT48 XZB Speed Proline Tires
Tekno EB48.3 Viper Proline Tires
Tekno / Dialed RC Hobbies / TKO Competition Development /
Stirex is offline  
Closed Thread


Tags
best thread ever!


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net