R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES

I believe it is very important infomation that every racer should know that here in australia we have had a very poor backyard company selling fuel that kills engines.. many racers are not impressed!!!!

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...540#post268540

Thats just some of the fighting going on atm... I Race with guys including myself that have thousands of dollars down the drain because there engines all failed them under the 4 litre mark.. and im talking good quality race engines not pull start garbage

Be warned !!!!

AMAIN fuel kills engines and there is a list of people a mile long that can confirm this here in aus

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man that sucks. That's why I stick with coldfusionfuel.com in FL. Always fresh fuel and never a bad drop I had to change bearings in an engine that I got hot a couple times and after almost 6 gallons of only cold fusion through this engine it looked brand new inside p/s/r and crank where all perfect. The top of the piston had a little bit of discoloration but this is where the pop happens and is completly normal. The crank did not even have any wear marks on it at all. Side by side with a new crank you would not be able to tell the difference. Find a good fuel and stick with it. I like coldfusion it's made to order and does not sit on some shelf somewhere for 6-10 months before I put it n muly tank. Always burns clean and has pleanty of pop.

Last edited by Frank L; 11-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Isn't AMain what Mark at Massive Mod's makes and sells??
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox450 View Post
Isn't AMain what Mark at Massive Mod's makes and sells??
correct, it seems like Amain and Go Tech have been dogged with problems..
Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This sure will be an interesting thread. I'm heating up the popcorn already.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
Go Tech dogged with problems? I am actually supposed to try some A-main fuel, it is actually made in the Usa.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail [email protected] Rex Welch
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Man that sucks. That's why I stick with coldfusionfuel.com in FL. Always fresh fuel and never a bad drop I had to change bearings in an engine that I got hot a couple times and after almost 6 gallons of only cold fusion through this engine it looked brand new inside p/s/r and crank where all perfect. The top of the piston had a little bit of discoloration but this is where the pop happens and is completly normal. The crank did not even have any wear marks on it at all. Side by side with a new crank you would not be able to tell the difference. Find a good fuel and stick with it. I like coldfusion it's made to order and does not sit on some shelf somewhere for 6-10 months before I put it n muly tank. Always burns clean and has pleanty of pop.
+1
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
Ive seen four go tecks this year and all of them are junk.One of them was an eb mods.They run good for a little bit but need a healthy diet of rods.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I'd say if they are all GO motors it's probably not the fuel. I've had nothing but problems with 3 5pts and 1 7pt. Most blew up under 1 1/2 gallons. As mentioned above, the rods tend to let go for some reason.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love my go motors but I will admit the rods could be a little more stout. I change mine every 2 gallons but at 17 bucks a pop who can really complain. The new line of go techs come with an extra rod to put in after break in.Who else does that? Every manufacturer I know of recommends changing out the rod after break in is complete. I will also say that every motor has its quirks. OS motors are like go's in that they run hard but the bearings are not great. I really dont understand why people always want to bash motors just because they are unfamiliar with them.

As for the fuel I can not comment because I have not run it. there are several people on the go tech thread who run it down under and I have never seen any of them talk negatively about it. I personally use Byrons and love it but like others have said find a fuel that works well for you and stick with it.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
Go Tech dogged with problems? I am actually supposed to try some A-main fuel, it is actually made in the Usa.

Rex
this is what i've seen on other forums, i'm not saying there dogged with problems its just what i have read...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmike28 View Post
I really dont understand why people always want to bash motors just because they are unfamiliar with them.
I got as familiar as I'm going to get with them. After 4 I called it quits. The only complaint I have with my Nova +4 is I can't get over 10 min on a tank. But I can deal with that.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

4 GO Engines right now on my hands :

- .21 7 port on nitro Buggy = 3 1/2 Gallons running strong.

- .21 7 port on GT Class = 8 3/4 gallons and retiring (still strong tho).

- .25 6 port on Truggy = 5 1/2 gallons runing strong.

- .21 5 port on buggy = 6 1/4 gallons running strong.

Other than a very small leak on one of my carbs, never had issues with GO ... happy GO Racer ...

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmike28 View Post
I love my go motors but I will admit the rods could be a little more stout. I change mine every 2 gallons but at 17 bucks a pop who can really complain. The new line of go techs come with an extra rod to put in after break in.Who else does that? Every manufacturer I know of recommends changing out the rod after break in is complete. I will also say that every motor has its quirks. OS motors are like go's in that they run hard but the bearings are not great. I really dont understand why people always want to bash motors just because they are unfamiliar with them.

As for the fuel I can not comment because I have not run it. there are several people on the go tech thread who run it down under and I have never seen any of them talk negatively about it. I personally use Byrons and love it but like others have said find a fuel that works well for you and stick with it.
Two rods is not enough.Maybe an extra crank and piston and sleeve.I would not run them if they were free.Nothing sucks more than having a good day of racing GO bad because of a china engine.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefHead View Post
Two rods is not enough.Maybe an extra crank and piston and sleeve.I would not run them if they were free.Nothing sucks more than having a good day of racing GO bad because of a china engine.
I'm running a Go w/ a turbo button in my latemodel. I'm at a little less than a gallon and without a full race tune on it, I'm making tons of power. I was going to get about 2 gallons on it and change the rod to a Novarossi. Supposedly people are getting 10+ gallons with the replacement.

Of course I've got a backup motor with a flywheel and clutch on it ready to go in if something goes wrong during a race day.
Closed Thread