Wiki Posts
Search

BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanef
the engine in the pictures above are the engine i bought from cameron, the guy described earlier in the thread as a friend of dave (the thread starter).

Long story short i bought this engine and had problems with it, sent it down to mark @ massive mods for inspection. And the damage was caused by improper use (bad tune/debris through engine) and no after run care (the corrosion).

After getting it back from mark after he polished the crank and put in a new piston/rod/sleeve (rear bearing was ok he said) i have since run 12 tanks through and tonight tore it down to inspect. Everything is perfect, no signs of corrosion, piston wear or rod bushing wear nor was there any major yellowing.

I am now having problems getting money back from cameron after he agreed to pay for the repairs. He has until friday for the money to clear in my bank account or i will be taking it further.

Dave, you might want to give him a little firendly reminder, as i don't play games.

Are you threatning Cameron?.. ROFL!!

"debris thru engine".... "Bad tune"... Mark told you all that?... no way get out of town!!!! ROFL

And wait for it . the best bit "no after run care"

Well Mark advised Cameron and myself along with god knows how many other people that you dont need to use after run oil if using hes amain fuel.. ROFL

Im glad Mark looked after you and did not talk one ounce of bull$hit to you

Go see your soliciter .. perhaps yourself and mark can get a package deal as im sure im about to be sued

Dave
Old 11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Congratulations to Adam Alexander for taking 1st place a main truggy at the SA titles ! using GX5 Port and A MAin fuel !

Also congrats to the guys in Monster Truck coming in 1,2 & 3 rd place with Go .28 RTR engine and A MAin Fuel !

Cheers MM
Old 11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

the engine in the pictures above are the engine i bought from cameron, the guy described earlier in the thread as a friend of dave (the thread starter).

Long story short i bought this engine and had problems with it, sent it down to mark @ massive mods for inspection. And the damage was caused by improper use (bad tune/debris through engine) and no after run care (the corrosion).

After getting it back from mark after he polished the crank and put in a new piston/rod/sleeve (rear bearing was ok he said) i have since run 12 tanks through and tonight tore it down to inspect. Everything is perfect, no signs of corrosion, piston wear or rod bushing wear nor was there any major yellowing.

I am now having problems getting money back from cameron after he agreed to pay for the repairs. He has until friday for the money to clear in my bank account or i will be taking it further.

Dave, you might want to give him a little firendly reminder, as i don't play games.
? not even video games?lol
Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Congratulations to Adam Alexander for taking 1st place a main truggy at the SA titles ! using GX5 Port and A MAin fuel !

Also congrats to the guys in Monster Truck coming in 1,2 & 3 rd place with Go .28 RTR engine and A MAin Fuel !

Cheers MM
Way to GO fellas, 1,2 & 3 with GO .28 RTR STUMP PULLERS sorry fellas this is an emotional moment for me, & using a-main, must be real bad
Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LogiK
Dude get
Really dude, think about it.
Did you not read the thread on ausrc nor the countless pm's i sent you regards what i found when i first received the engine from you. White chunks of who know's what ontop of the piston, the scuff mark on the piston looking through the exhaust port, and the corrosion on the crank. I washed it out, ran it, and it allw ent downhill after i asked for plug advice.

When i did run the engine it did seem to run fine, until it killed the plug. The wear on the piston was not enough to make the engine not run, or run like crap.

I contacted you with 2 option of either a full refund of the engine or for you to pay for the repairs (as quoted in my pm at $170). Now you agreed to pay for the repairs, so i in good faith sent the engine down to mark to get repaird assuming you would pay me in the next few days.

Now you are trying to re-neg on our deal, yet after agreeing to pay for the repairs?

Originally Posted by rc skyline
Are you threatning Cameron?.. ROFL!!

"debris thru engine".... "Bad tune"... Mark told you all that?... no way get out of town!!!! ROFL

And wait for it . the best bit "no after run care"

Well Mark advised Cameron and myself along with god knows how many other people that you dont need to use after run oil if using hes amain fuel.. ROFL

Im glad Mark looked after you and did not talk one ounce of bull$hit to you

Go see your soliciter .. perhaps yourself and mark can get a package deal as im sure im about to be sued

Dave
Take it as a threat if you want, i just want cameron to stand by his word and pay me my money.

Now dave, if you had read the thread properly on ausrc (im pretty sure you would have) you would know the full circumstances with the condition of the engine and how i found it upon first receiving it.

The problem with the excuse of mark saying there's no need to do any aro is the fact before i bought the engine from cameron i asked what kind of aro he did, he said after every race he hooked it up to an aro source, you also confirmed this.

Dave, im sure your a pretty good bloke in person, but these childish internet antics don't do you any favours.

cheers

Shane

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-18-2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: removed profanity
Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am now having problems getting money back from cameron after he agreed to pay for the repairs.
Unless you have it in writting or recorded there wont be much you can really do to persue it. I'm sure MM looked after you, I'd just put it down to a bad experience and move on as its not really going to be worth the trouble.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dvestate
Unless you have it in writting or recorded there wont be much you can really do to persue it. I'm sure MM looked after you, I'd just put it down to a bad experience and move on as its not really going to be worth the trouble.
Have it in writing in a PM, i've also kept every other PM aswell.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have it in writing in a PM, i've also kept every other PM aswell.
Just saw your post after I submitted mine, if he said he'd pay for it then its pretty bad to let you send it away for repairs and then change the story.

Hopefully he'll be a good honest bloke and stick to his word then for you
Old 11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Watch the language

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-18-2009 at 04:10 AM. Reason: removed profanity
Old 11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Shanf you brought a second hand engine man .. get over it

What are these white chunks on the piston anyway?... And scuffing where the exhaust port is on the piston skirt is all but standard on these engines as when carbon deposits etc leave the cyliner thats what happens... not to mention it is the hottest side of the skirt

And dear god .. $170 for repairs?.. Are you serious!!!!, Man i cant give one of these engines away brand new for $200, Actully thats a brand new gen 5.5 gx 7 port or whatever they are with spare rod and all the go goodies (ill let my spelling bee frined correct that)

Besides i thought if the engine was a go and only run on amain you got a warranty .. i note other people earlier in this thread did not get there warranty either

Dave
Old 11-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marz
Hey Skyline / Dave / Brody -whatever the fuck your inbred westy name is.. The word is solicitor you inept skip cunt.

Man i have not laughed so hard for at least a week!

I actully grew up on the northen beaches of Sydney my spelling expert friend ... And seeing that your in Perth acording to your stats yet you call me a westy ROFL!!, Oh dear i think you better re write that post man..lol

Anyway tell me... Why is it your so upset Marz?

Dave
Old 11-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MassiveMods

Cheers MM

Congrats on the wins!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
Dave
do you get the feeling that you are whiping a dead horse

you've made your point and face it, you can't change others but you can change yourself. people will use what they want to use. you cant change that. you've made people aware and now your just making a tool out of yourself. just move on. everyone else who has had trouble with a brand has already done it
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Rookie

This thread has become a joke and a disgrace... its making the Aussie RC scene a f embarrassment!!
SOMEBODY SHUT IT DOWN!!

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-18-2009 at 05:47 AM. Reason: removed profanity
Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TIX
do you get the feeling that you are whiping a dead horse

you've made your point and face it, you can't change others but you can change yourself. people will use what they want to use. you cant change that. you've made people aware and now your just making a tool out of yourself. just move on. everyone else who has had trouble with a brand has already done it

Im just replying acordingly.. but in order to keep you happy ill stay out of the thread for a while ok, Id hate to make a "tool of myself"

You have to remember that for every one that does not like the thread there is some one else that thinks its the best thread they have read and tell me its about time some one spoke up about amain fuel... you should see some of my pm inbox..lol

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.