R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #106
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Okay,

Now guys as I stated this was well over 12 months ago and as was posted back then it was a new product which was undergoing testing and development.
This sounds like it has been done as Mark's braught out 3 different fuels since then and I have it from a good source that he had changed supplier for his ingrediants with them being for the methanol or nitro (not sure which sorry)

Actually this is a good point ... I was purchasing my Nitro and Methanol from someone that makes a very popular brand of fuel, Not At Racing by the way. Since my falling out with this person i changed to another supplier and i must say the quality of the ingredients has been fantastic. This was about 2 months after we parted company .. Hmmm
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #107
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jasonhiggo
Default thought id put my 2 cents in

i have been using go techs run on amain for around about 2 years now and have never had a problem with his amain blend as i ALLWAYS USE AFTER RUN OIL! come on guys dont blame the man for your bad engine maintenance ! and on another note i have tried heaps of fuels and the funnyest thing is that any other fuel i have used wont run as lean as amain ! i wont name any brands here but every 1 i have converted to amain has gone a full turn on there bottom needle and beleive it or not there temps have come down ! no flameouts !
Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
this is all hilarious

i used to run MM fuel
a group of us ordered a batch one day and when it arrived it was a different colour. we rang mark and he said that he was out of dye so this batch didnt have any in it.
we cooked 3 motors in less than a litre. 1 RB and 2 OS's
we rang mark again and he wanted us to pay to ship it back to him for testing and if it was bad he would refund the money for the fuel but not the motors
needless to say it had just cost us 3 motors so we wern't prepared to pay to ship it anywhere when chances are that when mark received it he would do anything about it.
we couldnt believe that he would be prepared to test it and admit that it may have been a bad batch but wouldn't do anything about the motors it blew up

so we changed fuel

to this day i will tell anyone tht with MM you get what you payed for. his fuel can be good one week and bad the next. his mods can be great one week blow up the next.
i've met mark at the track a couple of times and he seems to be a great guy. but i dont trust his product
IMO it should be called MAD SCIENTIST or MASSIVE PROBLEMS instead of MASSIVE MODS

so anyway, simple solution. if you think its not right, dont use it

As mentioned right back at tha start of this thread i totaly agree with yourself and Kev lewis that in person mark is an alright guy.. bit af a character actully.. Products and services on the other hand ... well i think youal know how i feel about that side of things

When i 1st started using amain and when others were using it before i tried it i was allwase concerned about how many a bottle was a different colour as i could not see how any business could see that as a profesinial product.. Even thou i was very sus on it i gave it a go and well ive mentioned allready simular to yourself what was seen and it aint pretty and when good people are out of pocket and scratching there heads as to why it is very upsetting to say the least

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #109
Tech Addict

And mark im not sure you read Kevs posts and posting of the emails etc sent to the team drivers correctly...

It says and as many of my racing mates can confirm including myself that your fuel will not allow an engine to keep turning... Are you going blind or just into selective reading of late?

DO YOU NOT SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT??

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #110
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jasonhiggo
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
And mark im not sure you read Kevs posts and posting of the emails etc sent to the team drivers correctly...

It says and as many of my racing mates can confirm including myself that your fuel will not allow an engine to keep turning... Are you going blind or just into selective reading of late?

DO YOU NOT SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT??

Dave
mods plz delete this entire thread as its past its used by date just like skyline

Last edited by jasonhiggo; 11-10-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: rcskyline
Old 11-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #111
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefHead View Post
this thread is sweet

Glad your enjoying it, Im just clearing the air a little... Many people dont like it but hey thats life , You cant keep every one happy can you

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #112
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

The only thing that should stay off the internet is the threats.
You can buy fuel from a company who has been in the fuel business for 20 years but if it has been sitting on the shelf for too long it will go bad.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #113
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
The only thing that should stay off the internet is the threats.
You can buy fuel from a company who has been in the fuel business for 20 years but if it has been sitting on the shelf for too long it will go bad.

Well said man and i totaly agree, The threatning thing is quite a great joke to say the least.. I was going to report it to the mods but in all honesty i just could not be bothered as i get a hell of a laugh out of it and for mine it only makes the person look even more so a complete failour

And yes also agreed that any fuel stored for too long and depending of corse how and where its stored can be a bad thing.. usualy the engine wont run right if at all if it is stale enough, However we are talking about fresh fuel in this particular thread

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE-121 View Post
GOODAY every one.

well said pete.

i was going to post some damming stuff about dave (rcskyline), but i will hold it off to give him a chance to read, reflect & correct on what blackie has posted. maybe he will ask the mods to delete the thread all together & send some appolagies to the people, his club & most of all to mark.

the ball is in your court, dave.......

as for what you publically said about me on the other thread, which my son read & told me about, as i was having a shower, we will still have to settle later. you should be feeling really lucky rite now because 13 people last tuesday night pm me your address.

over to you now dave.........
wow? that sounds like a threat? LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #115
Tech Master

Ive been reading a book called " The 50 th law " by 50 Cent and Robert Greene.

Its a story of the Rapper 50 Cent, his early days as a hustler , gangster and later musician. it tells how he scraped a living from the streets and after years of hard work managed to get a record deal ! you can imagine he was home and hosed, poised for fame and fortune ! But, the night before his debut release he was shot 9 times in the back of a car ... you can immagine that dampened the spirit a bit .. his record label dumped him soon after and he was left barely alive in a hospital bed with 9 holes in him. He had to hide because he was afraid of them coming to finish him off ... a year later he emerged with a song he released called " Fuck You " it was an in your face retort to the very people that tried to kill him and his dreams.

you might be asking what the hell does this have to do with fuel ? , nothing on a physical level but metaphorically it has everything to do with it ... I remember when i first made fuel and used it , i was pretty happy with its results etc. i raced at the track for a while and had great results , i was really having fun ! i loved racing my car and tuning and even modifying the engine, i made a lot of friends .. then one day i came to the track with a label on my fuel bottle and a MassiveMods logo ... lol ( i still have that bottle) i was very proud to have that label on there .. and i was really surprised at the response i got from it ... i went from having a lot of friends to eventually being the black sheep .. all because i went out and made my own fuel .. and put a label on it . Regardless of how well i went in racing , without flameouts and even doing really well in point score racing , the rumours started BEFORE I EVER LET ANYONE TRY IT !!! So to say i was doomed before i started was an understatement. It did not matter what i was using there was always an excuse from someone as to why it wouldnt work or that it was bad for the engine etc.., all from people that had no idea how to even make fuel !!! wow ! yet i was using that very fuel and had great results ! It made me look at people very differently and try to understand them a bit more, i was perplexed by this phenomena, but i realise that you usually meet with resistance without cause when people fear you or what you bring to the table . at the end of the day you cant please everyone and some people are so bored with their lives that all they can do is try to drag others down to their level. and yes its still happening even with so much proof to the contrary. So right now its water off a ducks back. I dosent affect me at all , in fact its causing a huge sympathy vote as many see this sort of drudgery as sad. Im excited because for the first time i sold out of A Main fuel in 2 days ! instead of the usual 5 to 6 day turn around thats about 300 litres in 2 days !! . today a guy came in who usually runs HB444 , he mentioned that he read this thread .. he said im curious about A Main fuel, so i told him all about it ! he walked out with my last 2, 4 litre bottles of A Main C2 blue dot !

This is what ive learned about the forums , when you think it looks bad dont worry because negatives always turn into positives in the hands of a person with direction in his life. And i dont believe in staying away from the forums , i feel thats where i started .. and thats where i get to keep in touch with whats going on and my best way to support an ever growing mass of supporters in a most efficient way. you see someone out there will learn something from all this and thats a good thing !

Getting Back to 50 Cent , he later became famous not because he was destined to but because he used all the negative energy thrown at him and turned it into a positive ! the very people that tried to stop him were the very reason he became a success ! I bet their guts turn every time they hear a 50 cent song on the radio

Dave , peace to you my friend ! you are always welcome to stop by and have a beer at my shop. I know your words arent you , its just your stuff. Ill be the bigger man and apologise for any stress i may have caused you .

Cheers MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com

Last edited by MassiveMods; 11-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

I figured as the US distributor for Go Engines, I would chime in after this thread had some time to get its point across.

So anyways, I'd like to start with the fuel. I need to make it clear that I have no financial (or otherwise) investment in Amain Fuel. That said, Mark has offered to send me some sample fuel. Since I havent seen any substantiated evidence (only vague claims and heresay, no matter how you look at it), I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt... pending the tests.

What I'm planning to do is send small quantities of fuel to a couple of my dealers, whom I trust will provide an unbiased evaluation of the fuel's performance and it's effect on the engine. Believe me, they do not want to sell a fuel that will inhibit the longevity of an engine they are selling, running, or servicing. I also have a number of resources that I trust to provide an unbiased opinion of the fuel's performance as well. I cannot provide their names, as they have obligations to other sponsors. They will not be using the fuel to race, but will be testing the fuel during private practice sessions. I have provided (or will be providing) engines for testing purposes. That way they are not risking their current mills. There is no compensation involved, no back alley deals. Just an honest evaluation of the fuel is what I asked.

That said, I'm still awaiting fuel to sample from Mark.

Also, consistency in the blend has been brought up. As it stands now, the version of Amain fuel that would be sold here will come directly from his supplier (here in the states), and ship directly to dealers across the US. As far as coloring, I dont really care what it looks like. I've seen some undyed fuels that are a bit soupy and purple, yet perform flawlessly. I'm more interested in nitro purity, content, composition of the lubrication, and percent overall content of the lubrication composition. Also, what is left over after combustion... i.e. burnt parafens and ash.

I already do have a number of domestic suppliers for fuel; Nitro Juice, Maxy's, and Byron's are a few of the names I trust. However, bringing another quality fuel supplier to the party is better for those who count: The dealers and customers (you).

I would like to take a minute to address some of the stabs at Go Engine in general. First and foremost, I want to make it know that both I and the owner of the Go Engine Taiwan want to ensure that our engines perform at the level expected: both in terms of performance and longevity. If you have concerns about the new engines, please feel free to contact me at contact@go-engine-usa.com and I will do my best to address your concerns. If you have a legitimate beef with Go, please feel free to speak your mind, but I ask that you keep these posts logically written and well thought out. Posting unsubstantiated opinions (be it good or bad) do not help either side of the argument and do more to discredit other posts you make. This goes for both supporters and non-supporters alike. Simply saying something like "GO ROCKS!" or "GO SUCKS!" has no argumentative value.

Anyways, I realize that there have been some issues in the past (carb seals, etc). Let me assure you that we have addressed -or are addressing- many of these concerns, if not all. We are also working on ways to improve the line and bring more value to the Go line of engines. The inclusion of the T3 plug, shim, and extra conrod are a direct result of this.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #117
Tech Rookie

So is there any proof yet? I am sure if so many engines have blown up, surely some one has some pictures of what this devil fuel has done to your engine.

I could come on here spouting ferrari's all blow up if you put fuel other than shell in it, doesn't mean its actually true, or what actually happened.

Now don't get upset, as I'm not calling anyone a liar, or saying the claims made in this thread are total crap, but isn't it about time, some ground was made, instead of coming on here, and spouting off how bad amain and go are. It's all bullshit with out proof, so prove it. After all if there are so many blown engines, surely there is some proof.

Also another thing that has not been brought up in this thread, is how many tanks you guys are getting before complete failure?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Well said Trey, I am not sure about other parts of the world but the warranty on Go engines in the Usa has always been awesome.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch

Last edited by 22Racer; 11-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #119
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post
Go motors are junk, plain and simple.

I see them blow up way too much. Most of the guys that run them that are sponsored blow them up or flame out with them. Never have any luck and it has to be because they are crap. Guy who have run Ninjas or Vspec's go to a Go tech and cant finish a race and the motor dies. Then they go back to the OS based motors and have nothing but good luck. Coicedentally they all run Amain, but i doubt its the fuel as the run the fuel in there other motors without any problems that i have heard about.
Thats why Adam Alexander has had 3 podiums from 3 major events this year running GO motors and Amains Fuels?

1st Truggy Vic Titles
2nd Truggy Nats
3rd Truggy ACT Titles

Last edited by Team Orange SA; 11-10-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #120
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods View Post
Ive been reading a book called " The 50 th law " by 50 Cent and Robert Greene.

Its a story of the Rapper 50 Cent, his early days as a hustler , gangster and later musician. it tells how he scraped a living from the streets and after years of hard work managed to get a record deal ! you can imagine he was home and hosed, poised for fame and fortune ! But, the night before his debut release he was shot 9 times in the back of a car ... you can immagine that dampened the spirit a bit .. his record label dumped him soon after and he was left barely alive in a hospital bed with 9 holes in him. He had to hide because he was afraid of them coming to finish him off ... a year later he emerged with a song he released called " Fuck You " it was an in your face retort to the very people that tried to kill him and his dreams.

you might be asking what the hell does this have to do with fuel ? , nothing on a physical level but metaphorically it has everything to do with it ... I remember when i first made fuel and used it , i was pretty happy with its results etc. i raced at the track for a while and had great results , i was really having fun ! i loved racing my car and tuning and even modifying the engine, i made a lot of friends .. then one day i came to the track with a label on my fuel bottle and a MassiveMods logo ... lol ( i still have that bottle) i was very proud to have that label on there .. and i was really surprised at the response i got from it ... i went from having a lot of friends to eventually being the black sheep .. all because i went out and made my own fuel .. and put a label on it . Regardless of how well i went in racing , without flameouts and even doing really well in point score racing , the rumours started BEFORE I EVER LET ANYONE TRY IT !!! So to say i was doomed before i started was an understatement. It did not matter what i was using there was always an excuse from someone as to why it wouldnt work or that it was bad for the engine etc.., all from people that had no idea how to even make fuel !!! wow ! yet i was using that very fuel and had great results ! It made me look at people very differently and try to understand them a bit more, i was perplexed by this phenomena, but i realise that you usually meet with resistance without cause when people fear you or what you bring to the table . at the end of the day you cant please everyone and some people are so bored with their lives that all they can do is try to drag others down to their level. and yes its still happening even with so much proof to the contrary. So right now its water off a ducks back. I dosent affect me at all , in fact its causing a huge sympathy vote as many see this sort of drudgery as sad. Im excited because for the first time i sold out of A Main fuel in 2 days ! instead of the usual 5 to 6 day turn around thats about 300 litres in 2 days !! . today a guy came in who usually runs HB444 , he mentioned that he read this thread .. he said im curious about A Main fuel, so i told him all about it ! he walked out with my last 2, 4 litre bottles of A Main C2 blue dot !

This is what ive learned about the forums , when you think it looks bad dont worry because negatives always turn into positives in the hands of a person with direction in his life. And i dont believe in staying away from the forums , i feel thats where i started .. and thats where i get to keep in touch with whats going on and my best way to support an ever growing mass of supporters in a most efficient way. you see someone out there will learn something from all this and thats a good thing !

Getting Back to 50 Cent , he later became famous not because he was destined to but because he used all the negative energy thrown at him and turned it into a positive ! the very people that tried to stop him were the very reason he became a success ! I bet their guts turn every time they hear a 50 cent song on the radio

Dave , peace to you my friend ! you are always welcome to stop by and have a beer at my shop. I know your words arent you , its just your stuff. Ill be the bigger man and apologise for any stress i may have caused you .

Cheers MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
I figured as the US distributor for Go Engines, I would chime in after this thread had some time to get its point across.

So anyways, I'd like to start with the fuel. I need to make it clear that I have no financial (or otherwise) investment in Amain Fuel. That said, Mark has offered to send me some sample fuel. Since I havent seen any substantiated evidence (only vague claims and heresay, no matter how you look at it), I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt... pending the tests.

What I'm planning to do is send small quantities of fuel to a couple of my dealers, whom I trust will provide an unbiased evaluation of the fuel's performance and it's effect on the engine. Believe me, they do not want to sell a fuel that will inhibit the longevity of an engine they are selling, running, or servicing. I also have a number of resources that I trust to provide an unbiased opinion of the fuel's performance as well. I cannot provide their names, as they have obligations to other sponsors. They will not be using the fuel to race, but will be testing the fuel during private practice sessions. I have provided (or will be providing) engines for testing purposes. That way they are not risking their current mills. There is no compensation involved, no back alley deals. Just an honest evaluation of the fuel is what I asked.

That said, I'm still awaiting fuel to sample from Mark.

Also, consistency in the blend has been brought up. As it stands now, the version of Amain fuel that would be sold here will come directly from his supplier (here in the states), and ship directly to dealers across the US. As far as coloring, I dont really care what it looks like. I've seen some undyed fuels that are a bit soupy and purple, yet perform flawlessly. I'm more interested in nitro purity, content, composition of the lubrication, and percent overall content of the lubrication composition. Also, what is left over after combustion... i.e. burnt parafens and ash.

I already do have a number of domestic suppliers for fuel; Nitro Juice, Maxy's, and Byron's are a few of the names I trust. However, bringing another quality fuel supplier to the party is better for those who count: The dealers and customers (you).

I would like to take a minute to address some of the stabs at Go Engine in general. First and foremost, I want to make it know that both I and the owner of the Go Engine Taiwan want to ensure that our engines perform at the level expected: both in terms of performance and longevity. If you have concerns about the new engines, please feel free to contact me at contact@go-engine-usa.com and I will do my best to address your concerns. If you have a legitimate beef with Go, please feel free to speak your mind, but I ask that you keep these posts logically written and well thought out. Posting unsubstantiated opinions (be it good or bad) do not help either side of the argument and do more to discredit other posts you make. This goes for both supporters and non-supporters alike. Simply saying something like "GO ROCKS!" or "GO SUCKS!" has no argumentative value.

Anyways, I realize that there have been some issues in the past (carb seals, etc). Let me assure you that we have addressed -or are addressing- many of these concerns, if not all. We are also working on ways to improve the line and bring more value to the Go line of engines. The inclusion of the T3 plug, shim, and extra conrod are a direct result of this.

I realy loved reading these posts.

Now lets go have some fun, and turn some wheels

Closed Thread