R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 AM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
unfortunatley this whole thread would of been more relevant back when this all happened, not 6 or 7 months down the track. I think it could be put down to a bad experience and learn from that experience. lets move on and get back to racing
cheers

Point taken... Racing sounds good to me

Im just keeping it real man

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post
Go motors are junk, plain and simple.

I see them blow up way too much. Most of the guys that run them that are sponsored blow them up or flame out with them. Never have any luck and it has to be because they are crap. Guy who have run Ninjas or Vspec's go to a Go tech and cant finish a race and the motor dies. Then they go back to the OS based motors and have nothing but good luck. Coicedentally they all run Amain, but i doubt its the fuel as the run the fuel in there other motors without any problems that i have heard about.
Wrong.

I've been running Go Engines for the past 2 years. Any issue I have had with them was due to my mistake of not checking or replacing something. I absolutely hate it when people bash stuff that they have no personal account of what its really like. When we went to the Nationals this year, we had ZERO issues all through the week, they ran flawless and hung with every single other motor out there, modded or unmodded.

As for AMain Fuel, I have yet to test it. If its made in the US I would think its legit.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #63
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallWelch View Post
Wrong.

I've been running Go Engines for the past 2 years. Any issue I have had with them was due to my mistake of not checking or replacing something. I absolutely hate it when people bash stuff that they have no personal account of what its really like. When we went to the Nationals this year, we had ZERO issues all through the week, they ran flawless and hung with every single other motor out there, modded or unmodded.

i Will 1000% back this up.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 11-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz1 View Post
Sounds like you have a personel problem with Mark, and don't know how to handle it.
Why don't you grow some balls and sort it out with him, instead of trash talking on here.
You have your opinions on GO motors obviously (perhaps that has something to do with this running battle as well). Check out the GO forum on here. Everyone is more than happy with the GO product. Maybe you need to school up on how to properly run in and tune a motor with a long needle carb on it. My guess is most of these problems are user error when it comes to break in, tuning and engine care. Companies try to make things idiot proof, but someone else always invents a better idiot.
Take your attitude elswhere bro, and let the forum be used for constructive posts, even constructive criticisim, but not the crap you have been spouting.
+2 Love my GO 7p has 4 gallons same rod and pulls the front up on my
8ight. I will be changing the rod over the winter though.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #65
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
Perhaps you did not read the entire thread either mate?

Im actully talking about fuel that kills engines

Also if your sick of reading this thread perhaps dont click on it yeah?

Seems people are getting a little upset... Ill leave the thread alone for a while then since im causing such an upset

Dave
LOL, that lasted 1hr 34 minutes.

Mate I will give it to you straight, you said what you wanted to.
but to keep saying it tells me and no doubt most of the other people watching that it is personal, no matter what you say.

You are coming accross as a real wood duck.

I have no affiliation with anyone or any product as I have been out of racing for a number of years and am researching on what to buy to start racing again next year.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #66
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

just adding my .02 cents like everyone else, i read 2 pages and had enough.

When i first started racing i used a mach .28 that came in my losi. when i got my truggy it came with 3 go motors. one i sold because i didnt need and the other two were a .21 5 port and a .28. the 5 port had a crack in the case, me not knowing what air leaks were and sounded like ended up getting it to 428 degrees and seizing the engine. The .28 went in after, still learning to tune and experiencing 3-4 long run aways and over heated still has great pinch. it has like 2 gallons on it. that thing is a beast. I still have it been considering taking it apart, cleaning and putting new bearings in for back up engine. Go is a great engine, if i had to pick that or an os, go all the way

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #67
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah I have bought three Stage 5 modded Go Tech's from Mark over the last two years. I sold one to my brother, broke an ear off another one (my fault not the engines) and just got another one. I have had nothing but good luck with my engines. I take my time on break in, and tuning. My engines keep up with all the high dollar motors at my races. Mark has always been easy to work with on getting stuff here to the states, and quick to answer any and all questions I have. There was a pic in the link at the begining of the thread that looks like the crank is all rusted/corroded. This is a perfect example of what leaving ANY type of nitro fuel sit in an engine for a long period of time after running it will do. Again it's a great example of why after running, burning all fuel out of the engine and then afterrun oil is important. It apears to me that there are some very hard feelings toward Mark, and posting them on this forum or any forum isn't the best way to resolve the situation. Just my .02.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It is not the fuel which kills the engine it is the bottle the fuel is stored in.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #69
Tech Elite

I LIKE TURTLES
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #70
Tech Master

Hey Dave

I have PMed you but you havent responded . I did state that i spoke with Cameron personally in my PM to you to hear his concerns just like i did with you. I didnt get on the forums and debate it pointlessly did i ? I contacted you re your concern with your Go Engine. you came in , we looked at the motor together and realised that the bearing faliure was not fuel related. You fix engines too ? dont you ? , we looked at the bearing race and crank and there was NO Bluing ,which is normally a tell tale sign of lac of lubrication. Instead when we took out the crank the inner race had cracked in about 5 equal pieces and there was NO BLUING PRESENT ANYWHERE .. we both thought that was weird and i put it down to a faulty cast of the inner race .. no fuel on the planet could have avoided that.

So Back to Suing someone ... When i spoke to Cameron he asked me if i was going to sue him , and i laughed . Why the hell would i want to sue him when i went out of my way to contact him personally and hear his concerns ? I didnt even respond to any of his posts on AUSRC or PM him in any way !!! Anyway I dont know where this here say came from but id say it probably came from the same place that states that A MAin fuel kills engines. There is no basis for this argument in any shape or form and even after i contacted you personally , warranted the faulty engine with a Brand New one ! and even after i PM ed you with a questions as to where did you hear i was threatening Cameron with legal action , you still continue to argue a baseless point.

I can understand if i had threatened your mate with some sort of action , you would be pissed off , so would I ! But man it never even happened so where the hell is this crap coming from ? Id appreciate a phone call man so we can chat about this properly, i know you are a resonable person , and this forum stuff is not solving anything. Freedom of speech is a great thing but dissemination of baseless accusations is just damaging to all concerned.

I spoke to Cameron and his father in a very professional respectful manner to hear their concerns , just liek i did with you. I expect the same courtesy in return.

M 02 95572770
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMods View Post
Hey Dave

I have PMed you but you havent responded . I did state that i spoke with Cameron personally in my PM to you to hear his concerns just like i did with you. I didnt get on the forums and debate it pointlessly did i ? I contacted you re your concern with your Go Engine. you came in , we looked at the motor together and realised that the bearing faliure was not fuel related. You fix engines too ? dont you ? , we looked at the bearing race and crank and there was NO Bluing ,which is normally a tell tale sign of lac of lubrication. Instead when we took out the crank the inner race had cracked in about 5 equal pieces and there was NO BLUING PRESENT ANYWHERE .. we both thought that was weird and i put it down to a faulty cast of the inner race .. no fuel on the planet could have avoided that.

So Back to Suing someone ... When i spoke to Cameron he asked me if i was going to sue him , and i laughed . Why the hell would i want to sue him when i went out of my way to contact him personally and hear his concerns ? I didnt even respond to any of his posts on AUSRC or PM him in any way !!! Anyway I dont know where this here say came from but id say it probably came from the same place that states that A MAin fuel kills engines. There is no basis for this argument in any shape or form and even after i contacted you personally , warranted the faulty engine with a Brand New one ! and even after i PM ed you with a questions as to where did you hear i was threatening Cameron with legal action , you still continue to argue a baseless point.

I can understand if i had threatened your mate with some sort of action , you would be pissed off , so would I ! But man it never even happened so where the hell is this crap coming from ? Id appreciate a phone call man so we can chat about this properly, i know you are a resonable person , and this forum stuff is not solving anything. Freedom of speech is a great thing but dissemination of baseless accusations is just damaging to all concerned.

I spoke to Cameron and his father in a very professional respectful manner to hear their concerns , just liek i did with you. I expect the same courtesy in return.

M 02 95572770

1- I cant be online all my life Mark hence the late response

2- You spoke with Cameron as a reply to Cameron after he called you but your phone was unswered and you returned hes call

3- In regards to my engine failour which if you have read this post is not what my concerns are about but i will mention that i know dam well that the piston was scuffed to a rather deep degree on my engine despite the crank pin been nice and shiny and non blued as yes agreed by the both of us, Be it amain fuel or just a problem within go techs engineering i cant be sure and to be honest im not worried about it, It was just very interesting Mark when at the track and people saw that engine and knew how well looked after it was and how new it was they just looked at me and said "let me guess... you use amain fuel"

4- Both Cameron and hes father are good friends of mine, You did not "contact Cameron re hes concerns", You actully some how got hes dads work email address and emailed him.. Apparently it was pm,d to you ...

Sorry but i dont feel that it is at all profesinial in any way when a business does something like that.. Simply my opinion but im entitled to it none the less, It too is something else that got my back up very rapidly

In your conversations with camerons dad you said that what Cameron was saying in hes posts about your fuel is sueable and you have been in touch with your loyer

5- "here say" comes from whats actully happening in the feild and in this case at the track, There is more actual fact for amain blowing up engines than i know what to do with, At your shop i said to you no one is using amain anymore and i explained about what some people have experianced, Your reply to me as mentioned in this post earlier was rather poor to say the least and simply for mine holds no water, You call it here say but i know it as actual facts Mark

6- I dont argue "baseless points".. i would not do that and it simply is not my style, I am one for the truth and nothing but Mark hence why you dont like my postings about your fuel products

7-You say you can understand why i would be anoyed if you had threatend my mate so there you go.. Fact is three of my mates have been threatend by yourself.. I am not going to argue any further with you as it has become a case of your word and what you write here against mine but beleive me Mark i have my facts very much so in order

8-Dont you dare try to make out i am non curtious, I am more than happy to drop in to your shop when i am passing and speak to you one on one about any of this and i am sure you know it, Thing is mark i really feel im just been repeadily lied to by yourself and you cant seem to give any answers that hold water for these concerns

At LRRCC basicly the only person using amain fuel is a mm sponsered driver that gets it for free off you from what he tells me along with engines, When my all but new go tech 5 port blew up that driver said to me "dont go showing anyone the engine will you".. You see Mark its the crap like that that i am sick of... you can only cover up so much and be un truthfull to a certian degree and the more it happens the more people like myself will jack up

If you come trackside some time Mark you will find that it is more than "here say" as to why no one uses amain fuel anymore, I know you dont want to hear that and it is exactly how i said it to you in your store but i think the evidence its or was very strong with 100% backing by the racers that had the issues

Im not going to bother replying to your next post if you decide to post again... its simply pointless, I will however drop by when im passing and talk to you about the whole of this in more detail if you wish but its not something that im too worried about anymore as explained i simply started this thread to warn people of what i and many other racers have seen in relation to amain fuels & on top of that the crap and threats of sueing people that spoke out about it driving me harder than ever to speak out

Mark perhaps you honestly think that i have nothing better to do with my time than to write in threads like this but i think you would really know better than that also

Cheers

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #72
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jasonhiggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
Rod bushing are a common wear point with the fuel.. that can in turn cause a rod to snap

Other than that i totaly agree with your post

There is no mistake to be made here about the amain causing engines to pop in varius ways, I am simply telling the truth of what i and many others have seen

After the threats of sueing to fellow racers from mark who makes amain / massivmods fuels that are possibly now to worried to post i have decided to stick up for them myself

Beleive me if i wanted to make more noise i would, I just want people to be carefull as posted by many other people that used amain fuel however those posts were deleted and or mark threatend to sue people

You can not sell a product that is inferiour and then threaten to sue people that wish to talk about it!!

Sorry mark but we as human beings are entitiled to freedom of speech.. Every one of us! and the way you went about trying to bluff people of legal action because they are simply telling the truth about your fuel and there finding apon using it is nothing more than a great joke! not to mention the fact it is no doubt the wrong way to go about things, Its the reason why im posting and people are talking

How would i feel if at the track there is/ was a new racer that asks me about using amain fuel and i said nothing ... and next thing you know they have one of the all to common amain failours and they cant afford a new engine when i coulod have told them what others have found when using amain.. Many others!!, Im not talking about bad fuel storage here.. Im talking fatcs about one particular fuel killing engines.. people deserve to know this! and i am a firm beleiver in the TRUTH

Dave
hey socket got a go 3 port with 47litres of pure grunt amain threw it and still could pull stumps out its okay u cant tune us amain users dont need ppl like u anyhow GET AMAIN FUEL GET RESULTS !
Old 11-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallWelch View Post
Wrong.

As for AMain Fuel, I have yet to test it. If its made in the US I would think its legit.
Thats awesome that you have had nothing but good luck mate, its great to hear people having luck with products.

My personal opinion is that the motors are junk, this is not just something made up by me because i dont "Like" the brand but rather from the amount of Go tech motors that i have seen blow up, flame out and not be reliable. I wouldn't reccomend one nor run one myself, i would much rather finish my heat.

I know they are fast, but if you flame out once your at the back anyway.

Cheers

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan42r View Post
I LIKE TURTLES
yes turtles i like them to
Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

post 71, paragraph 9................................................. ..................................

Last edited by Flanno; 11-08-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Closed Thread