R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #31
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

First of all, I am not in Aus, have never run this fuel and know nothing about it so I make no comment about it. I would however like to point out a few general things.

"Bad fuel" can mean a few different things:

1. Too much moisture in the fuel will make it impossible to get a good tune, bad idle and high temps.

2. Lower quality fuel components (not talking oil here and excluding moisture problems) will only result in less HP. Barely noticeable to most people though.

or 3. Poor or insufficient oil package. This one is the kicker, read below.

Insufficient oiling will cause excessive wear to the main friction areas of the motor. Usually the first thing to go will be the piston/sleeve fit. The motor will loose compression and become difficult to tune in a short period of time. This is the highest wear area of the motor and will usually go before anything else if oiling is poor. Bearing failures are also possible as is excessive rod bushing and crank pin wear. It will NOT cause a rod to break unless the oiling problem is extreme and this will usually be combined with VERY high engine temps.

So what causes rods to break?

1. Excessive RPM.

2. Too many duty cycles (to old). Basically metal fatigue.

3. Poor material.

4. Manufacturing defect

5. Corrosion cracking. A fuel that is more corrosive to high strength aluminum than normal COULD possibly be to blame but I would look elsewhere first.

6. Detonation.

7. Poor design.

As for Go owners. Replace that rod at least every two gallons (more would be even better) or put a Nova rod in it after break in and one race.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmike28 View Post
Half the engines out there are made in China
How do you figure that?

Italy:
Novarossi
Picco
Star (Sirio)
GRP
OPS
CMB
Probably some others I am forgetting.

Taiwan:
I think SH and Force but I'm not sure. Could be China.

Japan:
OS

And of course many of your other motors are made by one of those like RB, JP, Orion, OFNA, Jammin, Ninja, etc.

The truth is, only a few motors are made in China, though more seem to be popping up all the time.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #33
Tech Addict

I've been running MM fuel for over a year and a half now with ZERO issues as have quite a few people over here.

as for GO they are Taiwanese not chinese, and in my experience last as long as any Nova OS or sirio if treated properly.

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rod bushing are a common wear point with the fuel.. that can in turn cause a rod to snap

Other than that i totaly agree with your post

There is no mistake to be made here about the amain causing engines to pop in varius ways, I am simply telling the truth of what i and many others have seen

After the threats of sueing to fellow racers from mark who makes amain / massivmods fuels that are possibly now to worried to post i have decided to stick up for them myself

Beleive me if i wanted to make more noise i would, I just want people to be carefull as posted by many other people that used amain fuel however those posts were deleted and or mark threatend to sue people

You can not sell a product that is inferiour and then threaten to sue people that wish to talk about it!!

Sorry mark but we as human beings are entitiled to freedom of speech.. Every one of us! and the way you went about trying to bluff people of legal action because they are simply telling the truth about your fuel and there finding apon using it is nothing more than a great joke! not to mention the fact it is no doubt the wrong way to go about things, Its the reason why im posting and people are talking

How would i feel if at the track there is/ was a new racer that asks me about using amain fuel and i said nothing ... and next thing you know they have one of the all to common amain failours and they cant afford a new engine when i coulod have told them what others have found when using amain.. Many others!!, Im not talking about bad fuel storage here.. Im talking fatcs about one particular fuel killing engines.. people deserve to know this! and i am a firm beleiver in the TRUTH

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post
I've been running MM fuel for over a year and a half now with ZERO issues as have quite a few people over here.

as for GO they are Taiwanese not chinese, and in my experience last as long as any Nova OS or sirio if treated properly.

Adrian

Adrian i dont doubt one second that you are happy using amain..

The problems we saw here were post 4/6 months ago and 1.5 years prior, Mark would have sortted out hes fuel problems by now but it does not change the facts of the past nor does it help me keep any faith in amain

Beleive me i wanted to give amain fuel the benifet of the doubt and continue using it but there is just too much bad news surounding within the racers i know, and none of this coincidental!

Above all i cant stand to see decent people throwing money over there shoulder when they should not have had too because they trusted a product only to get bad results and threats from the manufacturer if they spoke out about it

Mark instead of pming people and emailing them with threats of sueing when they spoke of there findings using your fuel you would have been best to come trackside and one by one look into the problems and admitt that hey something is obviously not right here, Actully done something about it man instead of upsetting people

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

New RB motors made in Taiwan.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
The problems we saw here were post 4/6 months ago and 1.5 years prior, Mark would have sortted out hes fuel problems by now but it does not change the facts of the past nor does it help me keep any faith in amain

Dave

So you are speaking of things that happened several months ago, you got your engine warranted because of a valid reason not related to the fuel and you decided to switch fuel + attack one entity on public forums. No wonder it might cause some resistance.

Anyway your statement of GO being crap is actually grap itself. They last as well as any other engine as long as you know what you are doing and maintain them as engines are supposed. It's always easy to blame the gear when you make mistakes. This is programmed in some peoples DNA, try to keep your ass on the surface no matter what as it's easier than accept the fact you might have done a mistake yourself.

Regarding the fuel I don't know as I've not tried myself yet. However the same blend/s will be soon available in US so I'm sure we'll hear more about it and see how it performs. All in all this thread is very similar to the one regarding TORCO so remains to be seen where we end up with this one. Atleast the topic was formed in very appealing way to attract readers.

Anyway the waves will eventually settle and the caravan goes on. What do we learn ? The internet is a nice place to let out some steams and act as a king of the hill for ..... 15min.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicklosi View Post
i had a GO tech .21 3 port race that i had for 8 gallons NEVER one problem with it at all. all original parts at 8 gallons and it kept up with everything on the market
Sure man thats great for you.What was it a gen7 8 or 9?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

Go motors are junk, plain and simple.

I see them blow up way too much. Most of the guys that run them that are sponsored blow them up or flame out with them. Never have any luck and it has to be because they are crap. Guy who have run Ninjas or Vspec's go to a Go tech and cant finish a race and the motor dies. Then they go back to the OS based motors and have nothing but good luck. Coicedentally they all run Amain, but i doubt its the fuel as the run the fuel in there other motors without any problems that i have heard about.

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
Where are you located?.. I buy mine from a sydney store called powerhouse performance

I cant beleive you have not heard of it .. its very well know by high end racers and champions including the current aus 1/8th offroad champ i beleive

http://www.meccamo.com/gb/produits-meccamo.php

http://www.meccamo.com/gb/ils-utilis...ts-meccamo.php

Meccamo is a very high end european company, From what i understand there fuel has nitrogoen in the bottle instead of air so that it will last up to 2 years if stored correctly prior to opening, They keep a record and sample from every batch for something like 10 or 15 years incase there is ever a claim of a problem

http://www.meccamo.com/gb/fabrication-meccamo.php

This is a well proven fuel comany of i think nearly 20 years experiance

But the best bit is that the price is actully very affordable, I have found it between $58 and $78 for 5 litres... and for 5 litres (most others are 4) that is very good value for what is basicly the best or one there of fuel you can buy

I will never look back from Meccamo after making the change, I am very pleased

Dave
i might of heard of it but to be honest i couldnt recall and i think i looked before and couldnt find it here in adelaide that was all matey and in adelaide australia is were im at i use the hp7333 30% and have used amain before
tryed at racing fuel wasnt really happy with that
Old 11-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post

I see them blow up way too much. Most of the guys that run them that are sponsored blow them up or flame out with them. Never have any luck and it has to be because they are crap. Guy who have run Ninjas or Vspec's go to a Go tech and cant finish a race and the motor dies. Then they go back to the OS based motors and have nothing but good luck. Coicedentally they all run Amain, but i doubt its the fuel as the run the fuel in there other motors without any problems that i have heard about.
True dat my bro is sponsored and they cost him big time this year.Nothing but problems and not worth it.IMHO they are junk china crap.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post

Adrian
Tywang chiwang same dam thing.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7vspec View Post

yes aint that the truth my friend
Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #44
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
New RB motors made in Taiwan.
I thought it was only the killer 9 and 523 etc that were made in taiwan?

Dave
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinas2 View Post
So you are speaking of things that happened several months ago, you got your engine warranted because of a valid reason not related to the fuel and you decided to switch fuel + attack one entity on public forums. No wonder it might cause some resistance.

Anyway your statement of GO being crap is actually grap itself. They last as well as any other engine as long as you know what you are doing and maintain them as engines are supposed. It's always easy to blame the gear when you make mistakes. This is programmed in some peoples DNA, try to keep your ass on the surface no matter what as it's easier than accept the fact you might have done a mistake yourself.

Regarding the fuel I don't know as I've not tried myself yet. However the same blend/s will be soon available in US so I'm sure we'll hear more about it and see how it performs. All in all this thread is very similar to the one regarding TORCO so remains to be seen where we end up with this one. Atleast the topic was formed in very appealing way to attract readers.

Anyway the waves will eventually settle and the caravan goes on. What do we learn ? The internet is a nice place to let out some steams and act as a king of the hill for ..... 15min.

Lol, well you might think that go techs are of good quality but i think you will find your rather incorrect there if you look into it, Sure they go ok for a while but they simply do not have the quality in the materials there made out of

And i am talking facts here about many racers and several engines blowing up on one particular fuel... There facts my friend and 100% the truth

Your entitled to your opinion but thats all it is

Dave
Closed Thread