R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #181
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
Adam would beat me on any day of the week running any brand of fuel or motor

I would run a go motor now. the newer generation of motors are a great motor from what i can see.
ill never run a motor thats modded by MM again. the headaches that caused me were too much. it killed my mood every race day.

I wont ever run MM fuel again after the problems i had with the older blends. I wont comment on MM newer blends either. its been along time since i had trouble with MM fuel and im sure the new blends are better. But i dont trust the brand anymore, so i dont trust the product
I wont tell anyone not to run the fuel or not to get there motors modded by MM. but i will pass on my experiance
wasn't having a go at you tix you are a good driver as you are number 1 in vic with mt just had to brake up the shit with some smart ass coment
Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #182
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlder View Post
Best thread I ever read.. all we need is Cobra Racing to post and it will be perfect...
Shit yeah, Rctech is great entertainment these days!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #183
Tech Apprentice

Ok lets get something straight... Go engine require a new conrod after each gallon, now what top line motor requires this? none because the materials used in go motors are shit... and before someone mention the over done pinch of the go motors, that would explain one conrod change...

I gave Go a good go, and your its great with power but whats good about having a great performing motor if it dies on you..
Old 11-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #184
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrun View Post
wasn't having a go at you tix you are a good driver as you are number 1 in vic with mt just had to brake up the shit with some smart ass coment
i didnt take it like that.
but this seems to have gone of for way too long

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #185
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
Ok lets get something straight... Go engine require a new conrod after each gallon, now what top line motor requires this? none because the materials used in go motors are shit... and before someone mention the over done pinch of the go motors, that would explain one conrod change...

I gave Go a good go, and your its great with power but whats good about having a great performing motor if it dies on you..

Well said!

You only have to weigh a go engine to see that the materials are total garbage

My old RB saw at least 40 litres without a rod issue and im sure my new Novarossi Toro Nero will also... I make sure during run in that the engine is nice and hot and the mixtures not too rich to minimise stress on the rod (using the heat cycle method)

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I think here lies the problem with these fuel versus bad bearing topics, as it very difficult to get definitive proof of what is really to blame for us average blokes. i suppose you base your opinions on your own experiences , and that of others..

but here's some pictures for you..this motor according to the poster was only ran on amain fuel..Massive determined it needed a New piston/rod/sleeve, rear bearing and a crank polish

(pics re-attached at bottom of post)
the engine in the pictures above are the engine i bought from cameron, the guy described earlier in the thread as a friend of dave (the thread starter).

Long story short i bought this engine and had problems with it, sent it down to mark @ massive mods for inspection. And the damage was caused by improper use (bad tune/debris through engine) and no after run care (the corrosion).

After getting it back from mark after he polished the crank and put in a new piston/rod/sleeve (rear bearing was ok he said) i have since run 12 tanks through and tonight tore it down to inspect. Everything is perfect, no signs of corrosion, piston wear or rod bushing wear nor was there any major yellowing.

I am now having problems getting money back from cameron after he agreed to pay for the repairs. He has until friday for the money to clear in my bank account or i will be taking it further.

Dave, you might want to give him a little firendly reminder, as i don't play games.
Attached Thumbnails
BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES-5-port-003.jpg   BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES-5-port-004.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

stop it
Old 11-17-2009, 06:50 AM   #188
Tech Addict

this is like a reality tv show ok to start off with but gets old fast, if poss when you guys eventually get around to visiting mm and sorting this all out could you take a web cam along after all this talk should be a good half hour, pay per view anyone.
a win on the lottery :D
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #190
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

wil thisrod fit the go 21's? 3/5/7 ports.
Novarossi Conrod Extra Strong/Light Weight R7 (fits P5X/421BX/Plus 21-5/N21BF Limited Edition)
sold at amain
Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #191
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlder View Post
Best thread I ever read.. all we need is Cobra Racing to post and it will be perfect...
LMAO !!
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 11-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #192
Tech Master

Congratulations to Adam Alexander for taking 1st place a main truggy at the SA titles ! using GX5 Port and A MAin fuel !

Also congrats to the guys in Monster Truck coming in 1,2 & 3 rd place with Go .28 RTR engine and A MAin Fuel !

Cheers MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Old 11-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #193
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What happened to Adams MG66?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #194
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanef View Post
the engine in the pictures above are the engine i bought from cameron, the guy described earlier in the thread as a friend of dave (the thread starter).

Long story short i bought this engine and had problems with it, sent it down to mark @ massive mods for inspection. And the damage was caused by improper use (bad tune/debris through engine) and no after run care (the corrosion).

After getting it back from mark after he polished the crank and put in a new piston/rod/sleeve (rear bearing was ok he said) i have since run 12 tanks through and tonight tore it down to inspect. Everything is perfect, no signs of corrosion, piston wear or rod bushing wear nor was there any major yellowing.

I am now having problems getting money back from cameron after he agreed to pay for the repairs. He has until friday for the money to clear in my bank account or i will be taking it further.

Dave, you might want to give him a little firendly reminder, as i don't play games.
Dude get fucked, you bought the engine, put it in your car, and went and ran it at the track. Said it had loads of grunt. And it was sweet. Then had issues. You ran it and it was fine? Do you not see the problem here? I would of been happy to cover the crank corrosion problem. But if you've run it with plenty of power and were happy with it. How do I know you didnt get somethign through the engine yourself?

Really dude, think about it.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #195
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anf0 View Post
What happened to Adams MG66?

In his Buggy
Closed Thread