R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #166
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Many people have engine problems during the race day but im not sure exactly you are refering to when you talk of flame out after flame out.. The only one i know of was anfo which i think was put down to plug temp re the heat on the day

I had clutch problems on saturday (when you offered me to try some amain ) and after fitting a new clutch assembly on saturday evening i had no issues what so ever... I am still learning how to get my clutches set up properly and how to make them last, I think ill be going back to a fioroni and trialing that this sunday





Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #167
Tech Apprentice
 
badrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 85
Talking

tix amain and go mottors cant be too bad thay seem to be kicking your but in buggy and truggy
badrun is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #168
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
Many people have engine problems during the race day but im not sure exactly you are refering to when you talk of flame out after flame out.. The only one i know of was anfo which i think was put down to plug temp re the heat on the day

I had clutch problems on saturday (when you offered me to try some amain ) and after fitting a new clutch assembly on saturday evening i had no issues what so ever... I am still learning how to get my clutches set up properly and how to make them last, I think ill be going back to a fioroni and trialing that this sunday





Dave
Now dave not meaning to be an absolute ass hole, but just an ass hole. If you are still learning, such a basic thing such as clutch set up and maintenance, how in hell can you sit there and confidently say what kills a nitro engine? Are you an engineer, with a degree in metallurgy? Or is it a degree in fluids dynamics, particulary those associated with oil? Sorry for calling you out on your experience with nitro engines, but hey it has to be done.

So this yellow gunk found in these engines, does that look like cooked oil to anyone other than me? I'm no expert, I only build 500hp+ race engines, for real cars, so I could be wrong.

This thread is no more than a personal attack on Mark, thats what it started as, and thats all it was meant to be. You dave can deny that all you like, but it just makes you look like more of a cock.

I know I don't know any of you, and I probably don't have much reason to say anything regarding the matter, but as I stated previously I'm an ass hole.

I really doubt that any of the loud mouths in this thread, such as dave, have any real knowledge in terms of nitro engines, and their operating parameters. Don't get me wrong, there could be an issue with the fuel, and hey Mark might of gone about it the wrong way. But this thread is not Australian, its a disgrace to our hobby, ourselves, and our country.

You dave, have come onto an internationally known website, to slag off mark, because you dont like him, you dave are a disgrace, and it makes me sick to think that such a person is having such a dramatic effect, on our hobby, let alone calls himself an aussie.

You all want this hobby to grow in Australia?

You want, people to come out and push the boundaries?

You want a quality product?

And you want sponsors?

Well learn to shut your neck, take the good with the bad,and grow the fuck up.

Your friendly nieghbourhood ass hole.
Rhys
RhysC is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #169
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
Default

+1 Rhys!!!
Thats what Ive been trying to get across, but not in such an asshole kinda way. But well said mate.
Nu-Moo is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #170
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysC View Post
Now dave not meaning to be an absolute ass hole, but just an ass hole. If you are still learning, such a basic thing such as clutch set up and maintenance, how in hell can you sit there and confidently say what kills a nitro engine? Are you an engineer, with a degree in metallurgy? Or is it a degree in fluids dynamics, particulary those associated with oil? Sorry for calling you out on your experience with nitro engines, but hey it has to be done.

So this yellow gunk found in these engines, does that look like cooked oil to anyone other than me? I'm no expert, I only build 500hp+ race engines, for real cars, so I could be wrong.

This thread is no more than a personal attack on Mark, thats what it started as, and thats all it was meant to be. You dave can deny that all you like, but it just makes you look like more of a cock.

I know I don't know any of you, and I probably don't have much reason to say anything regarding the matter, but as I stated previously I'm an ass hole.

I really doubt that any of the loud mouths in this thread, such as dave, have any real knowledge in terms of nitro engines, and their operating parameters. Don't get me wrong, there could be an issue with the fuel, and hey Mark might of gone about it the wrong way. But this thread is not Australian, its a disgrace to our hobby, ourselves, and our country.

You dave, have come onto an internationally known website, to slag off mark, because you dont like him, you dave are a disgrace, and it makes me sick to think that such a person is having such a dramatic effect, on our hobby, let alone calls himself an aussie.

You all want this hobby to grow in Australia?

You want, people to come out and push the boundaries?

You want a quality product?

And you want sponsors?

Well learn to shut your neck, take the good with the bad,and grow the fuck up.

Your friendly nieghbourhood ass hole.
Rhys



ROFL,

I think you may want to read the thread properly

And i wish i could be as good as you... Im working on it



Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #171
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
ROFL,

I think you may want to read the thread properly

And i wish i could be as good as you... Im working on it



Dave
Followed it from start to end, here and ausrc.

But there was no point as its the same crap being spat, with no proof, as I said dude, I dont know any of you, I dont use the products, I am truly an outside perspective, so I have no reason to bag you or Mark out, from either side of the argument. But If I saw some solid facts, other than what you and your buddies go on about, I might see a reason to your bullshit behaviour.

But there isn't, and in my conclusion, dave your a fuckwit.

And you don't need to tell me how awesome I am, I have people for that.
RhysC is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #172
Tech Regular
 
BOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pukekohe, New Zealand
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Moo View Post
+1 Rhys!!!
Thats what Ive been trying to get across, but not in such an asshole kinda way. But well said mate.
Very well said, in fact I couldn't have said it any better.

GROW UP DAVE!!!
BOOST is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #173
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

"no proof"...

Rofl... you are a funny guy indeed
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #174
Tech Adept
 
boxhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
"no proof"...

Rofl... you are a funny guy indeed
Peanut....... Please provide this proof that you are implying is there?

Where are the fuel test results?

Where are the metal test results?


Give us substantiated proof, not just a bunch of wood ducks sitting in the corner having a bitch.

I too am a qualified motor mechanic (1:1 scale - not toys) and have built raced and rebuit many cars in my time.
Infact here is my current car, I built this from scratch much like you build your buggies (except there is a little more to 1:1 cars).


And that yellow gunk in your picture is burnt oil.
boxhead is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #175
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Default

You rce with the old alpha's? the gtv's

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Peanut....... Please provide this proof that you are implying is there?

Where are the fuel test results?

Where are the metal test results?


Give us substantiated proof, not just a bunch of wood ducks sitting in the corner having a bitch.

I too am a qualified motor mechanic (1:1 scale - not toys) and have built raced and rebuit many cars in my time.
Infact here is my current car, I built this from scratch much like you build your buggies (except there is a little more to 1:1 cars).

And that yellow gunk in your picture is burnt oil.
RhysC is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #176
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Peanut....... Please provide this proof that you are implying is there?

Where are the fuel test results?

Where are the metal test results?


Give us substantiated proof, not just a bunch of wood ducks sitting in the corner having a bitch.

I too am a qualified motor mechanic (1:1 scale - not toys) and have built raced and rebuit many cars in my time.
Infact here is my current car, I built this from scratch much like you build your buggies (except there is a little more to 1:1 cars).


And that yellow gunk in your picture is burnt oil.

If you feel that myself and the other posters are all making it up and lying thats fine mate .. your entitled to your beliefes

I too am a technician, I have built many sucsesfull engines in the marine industry... I also race my Nissan Skyline at wakefeild from time to time also wich i do all my own work to, Does it really mean anything thou?


As i said , if you honestly think i and the other guys are having a bitch thats your call... i think we know a little better thou


As far as amian tests go they are under way and will need some weeks to see what happens


On sunday at LRRCC i yet met another person that i did not know had had problems with amain fuel, a well known person in the rc game and not some one that makes things up or talks rubbish... I think its all very interesting to say the least




Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #177
TIX
Tech Master
 
TIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,943
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrun View Post
tix amain and go mottors cant be too bad thay seem to be kicking your but in buggy and truggy
Adam would beat me on any day of the week running any brand of fuel or motor

I would run a go motor now. the newer generation of motors are a great motor from what i can see.
ill never run a motor thats modded by MM again. the headaches that caused me were too much. it killed my mood every race day.

I wont ever run MM fuel again after the problems i had with the older blends. I wont comment on MM newer blends either. its been along time since i had trouble with MM fuel and im sure the new blends are better. But i dont trust the brand anymore, so i dont trust the product
I wont tell anyone not to run the fuel or not to get there motors modded by MM. but i will pass on my experiance
__________________
Alan Nankervis.

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #178
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysC View Post
Now dave not meaning to be an absolute ass hole, but just an ass hole. If you are still learning, such a basic thing such as clutch set up and maintenance, how in hell can you sit there and confidently say what kills a nitro engine? Are you an engineer, with a degree in metallurgy? Or is it a degree in fluids dynamics, particulary those associated with oil? Sorry for calling you out on your experience with nitro engines, but hey it has to be done.

So this yellow gunk found in these engines, does that look like cooked oil to anyone other than me? I'm no expert, I only build 500hp+ race engines, for real cars, so I could be wrong.

This thread is no more than a personal attack on Mark, thats what it started as, and thats all it was meant to be. You dave can deny that all you like, but it just makes you look like more of a cock.

I know I don't know any of you, and I probably don't have much reason to say anything regarding the matter, but as I stated previously I'm an ass hole.

I really doubt that any of the loud mouths in this thread, such as dave, have any real knowledge in terms of nitro engines, and their operating parameters. Don't get me wrong, there could be an issue with the fuel, and hey Mark might of gone about it the wrong way. But this thread is not Australian, its a disgrace to our hobby, ourselves, and our country.

You dave, have come onto an internationally known website, to slag off mark, because you dont like him, you dave are a disgrace, and it makes me sick to think that such a person is having such a dramatic effect, on our hobby, let alone calls himself an aussie.

You all want this hobby to grow in Australia?

You want, people to come out and push the boundaries?

You want a quality product?

And you want sponsors?

Well learn to shut your neck, take the good with the bad,and grow the fuck up.

Your friendly nieghbourhood ass hole.
Rhys
+1 Well said Rhys. But then if he drives a skyline, I think fuckwit and cock sums it up pretty well.
H9_nutter is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #179
Tech Addict
 
Sam-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 654
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysC View Post
Now dave not meaning to be an absolute ass hole, but just an ass hole. If you are still learning, such a basic thing such as clutch set up and maintenance, how in hell can you sit there and confidently say what kills a nitro engine? Are you an engineer, with a degree in metallurgy? Or is it a degree in fluids dynamics, particulary those associated with oil? Sorry for calling you out on your experience with nitro engines, but hey it has to be done.

So this yellow gunk found in these engines, does that look like cooked oil to anyone other than me? I'm no expert, I only build 500hp+ race engines, for real cars, so I could be wrong.

This thread is no more than a personal attack on Mark, thats what it started as, and thats all it was meant to be. You dave can deny that all you like, but it just makes you look like more of a cock.

I know I don't know any of you, and I probably don't have much reason to say anything regarding the matter, but as I stated previously I'm an ass hole.

I really doubt that any of the loud mouths in this thread, such as dave, have any real knowledge in terms of nitro engines, and their operating parameters. Don't get me wrong, there could be an issue with the fuel, and hey Mark might of gone about it the wrong way. But this thread is not Australian, its a disgrace to our hobby, ourselves, and our country.

You dave, have come onto an internationally known website, to slag off mark, because you dont like him, you dave are a disgrace, and it makes me sick to think that such a person is having such a dramatic effect, on our hobby, let alone calls himself an aussie.

You all want this hobby to grow in Australia?

You want, people to come out and push the boundaries?

You want a quality product?

And you want sponsors?

Well learn to shut your neck, take the good with the bad,and grow the fuck up.

Your friendly nieghbourhood ass hole.
Rhys
Your not an arsehole, you are just the man!!! go for it mundine!!!
__________________
TMORC - Official Club for the 1/10th Offroad Electric Worlds, 2012!!
Sam-E is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #180
Tech Regular
 
Qlder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: brad smith
Posts: 391
Default

Best thread I ever read.. all we need is Cobra Racing to post and it will be perfect...
Qlder is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES BE WARNED!! rc skyline Nitro On-Road 17 11-12-2009 06:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:14 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net