R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
After looking at some of those pictures, dont forget to use after run oil.

All due respect Sheely but that corrosion you see on the end of the crank and no doubt is on he,s bearings also is what happens or seems to be happening to many a person when they use amain fuel... it seems to be the main problem (read back a couple pages),

I still have my amain fuel here that i ran when my rear bearing falied in my go 5 port so i am going to do a few tests.. That fuel of mine is only a couple of months old too btw

And in regards to your post re tuning, Bearings do not fail before a piston/ sleeve assy will fail if your engine is to lean.... Sorry!

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #152
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
All due respect Sheely but that corrosion you see on the end of the crank and no doubt is on he,s bearings also is what happens or seems to be happening to many a person when they use amain fuel... it seems to be the main problem (read back a couple pages),

I still have my amain fuel here that i ran when my rear bearing falied in my go 5 port so i am going to do a few tests.. That fuel of mine is only a couple of months old too btw

And in regards to your post re tuning, Bearings do not fail before a piston/ sleeve assy will fail if your engine is to lean.... Sorry!

Dave

No problem, I respect all opinions. My posts are just opinions too. From my experience corrosion will not happen after using after run oil. I put after run in after my main while the engine is still warm.
And I have also had a rear bearing failure tuning a Max Power engine. I was not driving just tuning so I had no feel for the engine when it over heated. The engine came in for fuel and I noticed it was wayy too hot so we shut it down but it was too late. The rear bearing failed and ruined the engine.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #153
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 69mustangbjs Send a message via MSN to 69mustangbjs Send a message via Yahoo to 69mustangbjs

so what fuel is everyone running thru there GO's then?
LOSI 2.0B GX5
LOSI 2.0T GX5
Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #154
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

I use Nitro Juice, Maxy's, and Byron's Gen 2. Werks should be good as well.

I will be putting together a list of "approved" fuels for Go Engine USA. The first three I mentioned are already on the list. Werks should be there shortly. What I require to be put on the list is a minimum 3% of the overall mixture (nitro, lube, methanol) to be castor oil. I will also need to know the composition of the rest of the lubrication, which I will sign an NDA for (if needed). This is per the factory and is not disputable. Castor oil promotes proper lubrication in the bearings. So, those of you that are having trouble with bearing failure should find out the content of castor oil in the fuel you are using.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post

I will be putting together a list of "approved" fuels for Go Engine USA. The first three I mentioned are already on the list. Werks should be there shortly. What I require to be put on the list is a minimum 3% of the overall mixture (nitro, lube, methanol) to be castor oil. I will also need to know the composition of the rest of the lubrication, which I will sign an NDA for (if needed). This is per the factory and is not disputable. Castor oil promotes proper lubrication in the bearings. So, those of you that are having trouble with bearing failure should find out the content of castor oil in the fuel you are using.
Castor oil huh.. It was about a year ago that i was told very bluntly from a go engine guy in australia,that castor oil was not needed at all,and i was living in the past by using it.. .

Last edited by juzza99; 11-15-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #156
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nooo Juzza there's no way they told you that! Wouldn't have been Mark would it? LOL... Yeah how that backfired...

The same guy who now adds castor to his full synthetic blend rofl...

Then nearly every engine running on the Synthetic stuff goes pop Definitely don't need castor... Unless you want your engine to go longer than 4 litres, but hey who wants that!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #157
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post

How can one distributor in Australia say you don't need castor (that's old school) and another in the US insists on the castor to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza99 View Post
Castor oil huh.. It was about a year ago that i was told very bluntly from a go engine guy in australia,that castor oil was not needed at all,and i was living in the past by using it.. .
That's exactly what the said person told me as well,he also added,when you use A Main fuel,you don't need to use after run oil.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #158
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza99 View Post

Wow.... I bet that,s the same guy that told me os bearings/ engines and that also told many others that grp bearings are only good for 3/4 litres

Interesting...

I dont seem to have any issues with my Meccamo offroad fuel that uses synthetic oils... Perhaps Mark adds battery acid to hes amain fuel instead of oil or something, How else do you explain the corssion of the bearings?.. Either way lets just blame the engine manufactures instead of crap amain fuel.. its easier to do that, Stupid and pointless but easier

Dave
Old 11-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #159
Tech Addict

Was just emailed some pics by a forum user in QLD that wanted to remain un named for now, He also has a friend with a go 5 port that split a crankcase on amain fuel and has a rusty bearing at only 2/3 litres use which he is sending pics of once he gets them aparently

He also commented on the orange goo that you get in your engine when using amain fuel saying he beleives that has something to do with the causes of failour

This is an rb crank that saw 8 litres of amain fuel.... after run oiled every meet!!!

Orange goo / Coating

Old 11-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #160
Tech Rookie

you know RB's last only 4.5 litres,come to think of it so do reedy's,os's,werks,Nova's, Ninja,sireo's
Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #161
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by high555 View Post

,he also added,when you use A Main fuel,you don't need to use after run oil.
yep, even though you should always use it.:

Last edited by juzza99; 11-16-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #162
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mark making his new batch

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
Old 11-16-2009, 06:21 AM   #163
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
Mark making his new batch

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #164
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

Hey, for the people who want to race nitro class without putting in after run oil, Byrons is perfect for you. It burns clean and doesnt leave corrosion. I personally prefer fuel that leaves a slight carbon build up around the piston. I dont run any of the fuels mentioned on this thread. But the fuel I run and many of the fuels on the market require after run oil!!!! I would use after run oil even if I ran a fuel that protects against corrosion and gunk build up. This is just my opinion. Here is some info for some of you off the Byrons website: Good Luck

Byron Originals markets a tested and proven fuel for nearly every possible model engine application. The complete fuel line now includes 43 different products.
These are our most popular blends. Each is comprised of a specific ratio of Byron Degummed Castor Oil and Byron Fortified Synthetics. The Synthetic/Castor Blends give modelers the best of both worlds; the clean, corrosion resistant protection of a proprietary synthetic lubricant, plus insurance against lean runs that castor provides. We will confidently place the lubricating qualities of our synthetic up against our competitions’ castor oils any day of the week. The additional of a small percentage of castor compliments the quality of this superior blend.

Synthetic/Castor Ratio: The ratio of synthetic to castor is engineered specifically for the application. Performance Blended Premium Sport Fuels are blended with an 80:20 ratio of synthetic to castor. RACE Gen2 fuels (Except RTR20 Gen2 and RTR33 Gen2) are blended with a 50:50 ratio of synthetic to castor.

The clean burning qualities of Synthetic Lubrication have always been desirable, but until Byron Fortified Synthetics were introduced, additional precautionary measures taken by the modeler outweighed any clean running benefits of synthetic lubricants. Modelers needed to pay special attention to attaining near perfect needle valve adjustments to protect against lean runs, and special care had to be taken to treat the engine to an after-run oil or bearing corrosion was a very strong possibility. Byron Synthetics eliminate both fears. Not only have Byron Synthetics been fortified with additional corrosion protection, but load carrying capacities have also been increased with special high-pressure additives. Straight Synthetic Fuels are available in both our Premium Sport Blends and our Helicopter Blends which use a proprietary low-viscosity synthetic oil package formulated specifically for helicopter applications.

The high rpms of 1/2A engines are protected with a 1/2A Fuel that features 100% Byron Degummed Castor.

We do not claim oil percentages to be a proprietary secret. Oil content is so easily checked through evaporation that to claim it a secret should be embarrassing for any manufacturer who makes such a claim. Oil content percentages are stated right on the bottle of Byron Fuel. These percentages range between what is specifically needed for a certain application and what modelers want as a form of personal insurance and comfort.
Our most popular blends are our Premium Sport Blends with a 16% total oil content. The three most popular Premium Sport Blends of 5%, 10% and 15% Nitro are also available in what we call our Traditional Blends (20% total oil content) and our Premium 18 Blends (18% total oil content). 1/2A fuel is available in 16% total degummed castor. RACE Gen2 Fuels range from 11% to 16%, depending upon the application and the recommendation of the engine manufacturer. Specialty fuels, such as Helicopter and Super Tigre blends utilize different oil contents. Oil content info is available here.

For years, we were asked our theory on higher oil contents for breaking in an engine. Ever since we have been blending Byron Fuel, we have used nothing other than our Premium Sport Fuels (16% Oil Content, 80:20 synthetic to castor ratio) for break-in and we have always had successful break-in periods and longer than average engine life. However, we recognized that some wanted to use a higher oil content during break-in and, rather than buy a gallon of Byron Traditional with 20% oil content, they wanted to mix only the amount they would need for break-in. After a few years of telling modelers to try to locate a castor oil to add to our fuel for break-in but to avoid a standard castor that would carry with it all the negative traits of carbon and varnishing, we decided that the best option here was to package our very own proprietary degummed castor in small amounts so modelers could add only the best to their fuels during break-in.
Lube Booster is sold in 12 ounce bottles and has become popular with modelers, not only for formulating their own custom break-in blends, but for adding to our competitors fuels to bring their lubricating qualities up a little closer to those of Byron Fuels. (Of course it is our hopes that these modelers just treat the competitors’ fuel until their present supply is gone and then buy Byron Fuel with not only the superior lubricants, but the proper ratios of each along with the finest methanol and nitromethane.) If you know the percentage of oil in the fuel you are treating, you can simply follow the bottle instructions for the number of ounces of Byron Lube Booster to add to bring your fuel up to a certain total oil percentage content.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #165
Tech Adept

This thread has an incredible amount of personal attacks. I'm a little surprised the moderators don't kick some arse, considering it breaks the forum rules.

You guys seem to be happy to ignore any comments from people that have had no problems. It obviously just gets in the road.

I watched some of the guys involve in knocking this fuel, & Go engines, having flame outs after flame outs & engine problems etc over the weekend. But I have no doubt you guys will make excuses so you don't lose face. Yet there was at least 4 or 5 of us using Amain, none of us had even one flame out or problem. I'm up to around 12 to 13 litres through my Go MG66, & in all that time I'm still yet to have a flame out or blow a plug. As said earlier, I changed a plug before the Proline race to be safe (around 5 litres), but the plug was still perfect. I was getting 13 minute run times & the motor was screaming all weekend.

You had another guy on a different forum say he normally uses one of the top fuels from a major fuel supplier in his Ninja, but used Amain during the enduro & was very impressed with the increase in power. I was next to him on the driver's stand & heard these comments first hand.

You guys come in saying the oils are the problem & bring other companies & people into it without there knowledge. One of these companies posts up a copy of their internal private messages that says they believe there is something with the methanol or Nitro but the oil seams to be unreal. This was over a year ago & MM was getting his methanol & Nitro from a well known competitor.

Oh, it is all because there is no Castor oil..... Oh no, hang on, now one of you is using a different fuel that also has no Castor. Oh, um, um, nah nah, its not because it doesn't have castor..........

But I'm sure all these "FACTS" just get in the road of a good product & character assassination.

The respect I had for some of you is all but gone.

This thread is nothing but a vindictive attack on one person.

Please donít bother with your justification or smart retorts, Iím over it.
MassiveMods A Main Blue Dot C2
Spectrum DX3R, 2 x Ace 1015
Closed Thread