R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #136
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
What a soap opra......Glad all those problems are down unda But how long are you going to beat a dead horse. Your not happy with the fuel OK move on get a different fuel and be done. I keep reading about a long list of people disappointed at the fuel but I dont see any of them backing you up and telling there stories here but maybe 1 other person. But dont get me wrong on a boring evening this is great to read very entertaining better than watching the ol TV.
LMAO..yep your right on that score mate..what we do on a boring evening without the forums....probably knitting or something..LOL
tommo is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #137
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
Default

After earlier adding my 2 cents in the thread I've decided to donate a further... 5cents!
I know neither Mark or Dave but have done my own little investigation into this, after chatting to people that knows both. At first I doubted Dave and thought it was just personal, I still think its a little personal because it always is. You cant say something like I dont mind so and so personally but then attack them directly? Its the person that offended and the person offending so its ALWAYS personal!(I hope that made sense)
Anyway back to the point of my post! Yes its true that this above mentioned fuel has caused some headaches as Dave claims, he's not lying. BUT its also true that Mark is only doing his best to master a product for the benefit of our beloved hobby, its called trial and error! Its also true that its in the past and current product is a.o.k!
My thoughts on this is that Dave and mates may have been the lab rats so to speak but whos to know sh*t was about to happen?(back then)
Trial and error is no crime, Mark from what I hear is a good man just trying to master or perfect his product and that to me is a thumbs up in all regards.
Conclusion- both good blokes with there own kinda statements!
Peace brothers from another!
Nu-Moo is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #138
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Moo View Post
After earlier adding my 2 cents in the thread I've decided to donate a further... 5cents!
I know neither Mark or Dave but have done my own little investigation into this, after chatting to people that knows both. At first I doubted Dave and thought it was just personal, I still think its a little personal because it always is. You cant say something like I dont mind so and so personally but then attack them directly? Its the person that offended and the person offending so its ALWAYS personal!(I hope that made sense)
Anyway back to the point of my post! Yes its true that this above mentioned fuel has caused some headaches as Dave claims, he's not lying. BUT its also true that Mark is only doing his best to master a product for the benefit of our beloved hobby, its called trial and error! Its also true that its in the past and current product is a.o.k!
My thoughts on this is that Dave and mates may have been the lab rats so to speak but whos to know sh*t was about to happen?(back then)
Trial and error is no crime, Mark from what I hear is a good man just trying to master or perfect his product and that to me is a thumbs up in all regards.
Conclusion- both good blokes with there own kinda statements!
Peace brothers from another!
well,in that case he should say i made a mistake,instead of trying to covering it up. A lot of people lost lots of money and he should lab test (as you call it) his products with his drivers not us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Moo View Post

Trial and error is no crime,
it is if someone else is paying for his mistakes

Last edited by high555; 11-12-2009 at 02:25 AM.
high555 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #139
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Nu Moo, thats fine about earlier.. I guess when you know you have seen your mates get ripped off it it does become a bit personell, Another thing i personly CAN NOT tollerate is lies... wether thats a fault within myself who knows but yeah lie to me and you all but have a line thru your name plain and simple

Fair enough Marks trying to get things right and is / has experimented with many fuel types over the past few years.. and i guess mistakes can be made but as High 555 said it simply is not right for a customer who was your whole push and support and no doubt put many others onto your product to pay the price, RC racing is costly enough as it is!

Besides any company in such a situation should or would have to have insurance to cover things going wrong.. If you make fuel out of different raw products i would all but say it is not worth doing unless you are fully insured

When it comes to something like fuel for exsample that will be run in thousands of engnes possibly worldwide i think feild testing of the product should be proper and have a thourough protocol that is used as a standard before it is released into the market, I dont think Marks intentions are at al to make a quick buck / dissapear and it is or was an honest mistake of some sort even if it was a supliers fault but making up excuses/ been rude and telling silly lies is what makes it ten times worse... You cant play people that race rc every weekend as fools, They know how long a bearing should last under normal conditions and they know when they are been riddled to... They also know when they used one brand of fuel how there engines ran and in most cases the condition of them internaly and at what litres/ hours and then when they go to another fuel and see a change all but imediatly that something is not right

I think it would have been best if mark said "$hit i got a bad batch of" whatever?, Most people would then have stuck with him and trusted him howver its no doubt at a point now where it could ever be admitted publicly as there would be thousands of dollars involved in unhappy people

I feel sorry for mark i realy do! , But no wear near as sorry for he as the guys that used and supported and promoted hes product and then found themselves a or in some cases several engines down the drain, The consumer allwase comes 1st and should allways be able to put full trust in a companys product






Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #140
Tech Apprentice
 
badrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 85
Default

hi all I've been reading all post on hear I've got a grp 10Lt of amain run throw it motor is still going like new and it is over 12 months old .and I'm not saying that all the ones that had problems running amain fule are wrong but i have had no problems with it thats my opinion .if you are going say amain kills motors lets just say and this is true had 3 motors go on me 2years ago and was running nitro-x in them and thay were tuned by one off his sponsored drivers and the hottest thay ever got was 100c over 1hour race and when one off the motors went nitro-x him self was there and he said to me it was the fule i was yousing and i showed him what fule i was yousing he walk off i did not get on a fourm site and bag him out i just put it down as a costly lesson and changed fule .As for mark as a shop owner i got a motor off mark a bout 1and a bit months a go one week end racing ather run in can not get a good tune on it rang mark up told him what it was doing he said send it back and he will solve the problem what more can you ask for to me that is good customer service and i have never met the man just talked to him on the phone well thats my 2dola Worth and thats my opinion no one has to like it but thats my opinion so don't go and bag out people for having one and just remember {thay are just toy cars }.
badrun is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 AM   #141
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrun View Post
hi all I've been reading all post on hear I've got a grp 10Lt of amain run throw it motor is still going like new and it is over 12 months old .and I'm not saying that all the ones that had problems running amain fule are wrong but i have had no problems with it thats my opinion .if you are going say amain kills motors lets just say and this is true had 3 motors go on me 2years ago and was running nitro-x in them and thay were tuned by one off his sponsored drivers and the hottest thay ever got was 100c over 1hour race and when one off the motors went nitro-x him self was there and he said to me it was the fule i was yousing and i showed him what fule i was yousing he walk off i did not get on a fourm site and bag him out i just put it down as a costly lesson and changed fule .As for mark as a shop owner i got a motor off mark a bout 1and a bit months a go one week end racing ather run in can not get a good tune on it rang mark up told him what it was doing he said send it back and he will solve the problem what more can you ask for to me that is good customer service and i have never met the man just talked to him on the phone well thats my 2dola Worth and thats my opinion no one has to like it but thats my opinion so don't go and bag out people for having one and just remember {thay are just toy cars }.

Hi Badrun, I think your post is highly commendable and i beleive you when you say have not had problems.. Many dont

Marks service in the ragared as you mention is second to none that i am aware of however it still does not change or make right what has been seen by others and sadly sometimes what mark says is that stupid its not funny

I think if your having a good run on amain then thats great and i hope it continues for you, Im sure and i hope that you will keep an eye on your bearings conditions etc closely and man by saying that im not dragging it on as thats just what i think your best to do in all honesty in order to make your engine last as long as possible.. like the thread title states "Be warned"

I dont use Nitro x / never have and never will as these days will only stick to the high end companys fuels, The majoraty of people i race with use Nitro x and no one has ever a bad thing to say about it, you are actully the 1st person i have ever heard have issues with it


Thanks for your honest post



Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 AM   #142
Tech Apprentice
 
NRGman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 54
Default

I will add to this....


this is what happened to my Go 5port

this didn't happen on the strait but going over a table top with no revs....
Attached Thumbnails
BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES-picture-001.jpg   BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES-picture-002.jpg   BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES-picture-003.jpg  
__________________
Team Associated RC8B | GOOOOO Team Associated!
<-| Team Associated RC8B | Novarossi Toro Nero 21T | DX3R | Purple Rush|->
NRGman is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #143
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
I will add to this....


this is what happened to my Go 5port

this didn't happen on the strait but going over a table top with no revs....
Well that has nothing to do with the Amain fuel. From all engines we've sold here one broke similarly and it was warranted by factory with no questions asked. (running on Tornado)
Poinas2 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #144
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
I think it would have been best if mark said "$hit i got a bad batch of" whatever?, Most people would then have stuck with him and trusted him
if mark had showed that sort of concern about his products, Id might stayed with him, as it was, he didn't even consider it was the fuels fault, just went into a diatribe on how bad the rear bearing in GRP motors were....

i expect he knew if he even hinted at being the one at fault, it would cost him a few dollars..so best to keep denying it and ride out the coming storm...others will continue to buy his products despite mine and others experiences...just play the percentages


if amain was being field tested as part of Massive Mods R&D, then I wish Id knew, then I would have asked for a free motor to test it with
tommo is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #145
Tech Addict
 
rc skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
I will add to this....


this is what happened to my Go 5port

this didn't happen on the strait but going over a table top with no revs....


I take it that was on amain?

What were the bearings like... in particular the rear?

And how many litres had it seen?



Pretty cool pics



Dave
__________________
MUGEN MBX7R & MBX6TR
FUSION X ENGINES By Novarossi
BUKU Power Clutch
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
rc skyline is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #146
Tech Apprentice
 
NRGman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinas2 View Post
Well that has nothing to do with the Amain fuel. From all engines we've sold here one broke similarly and it was warranted by factory with no questions asked. (running on Tornado)
This thread is not just about amain fuel but also masivemods as a whole, I had to pay full prices from MM even tho i think the it should have been fixed for free...
__________________
Team Associated RC8B | GOOOOO Team Associated!
<-| Team Associated RC8B | Novarossi Toro Nero 21T | DX3R | Purple Rush|->
NRGman is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #147
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

I know I shouldnt be posting on this thread since its probably about time it dies, but I will anyway.
Mark has not said anywhere that I can see about using any1 for testing. He puts out a product that he is confident with. Along the road of becoming a trusted fuel maker, it is possible to hit bumps in the road.
The problem could be the tuner on that particular engine, could be the engine, could be the fuel.
Its been noted and GO engines are doing some testing because of this thread. Thats cool. And Im sure every1 is now aware.
sheeley is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #148
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

After looking at some of those pictures, dont forget to use after run oil.
sheeley is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #149
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

what worries me is, isnt go engine making engines for RB Concept now????hope it isnt so!!!
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #150
Tech Addict
 
69mustangbjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chicago burbs
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 69mustangbjs Send a message via MSN to 69mustangbjs Send a message via Yahoo to 69mustangbjs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
After looking at some of those pictures, dont forget to use after run oil.
RIGHT!, them partz look a bit worn
__________________
speical thanks to:
GO-ENGINE-USA.com / slickhobbies.com
Killer B racing/Slick Racing/C&M Engineering
LOSI 2.0B GX5
LOSI 2.0T GX5
69mustangbjs is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES BE WARNED!! rc skyline Nitro On-Road 17 11-12-2009 06:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net