R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #16
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default V Spec/Speed combo

Hi guys, I have also tried the Speed liner in a V Spec and the engine runs fine but fuel economy will not be as good. The timing on the Speed crankshaft is done to match the advanced exhaust port timing on the Speed liner so when you use a Speed liner on a V Spec crank fuel economy suffers.
I have however used the V Spec liner with a Speed crankshaft and the low speed torque is awsome but again the fuel economy suffers.
I would not recomend using a Speed conrod on a V Spec crankshaft as the hole in the rod coupled with the hole in the crankshaft leaves not enough surface area for the oil film to do it's work which will result in even faster crankshaft wear.
Hope this helps.

Steve
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I would not recomend using a Speed conrod on a V Spec crankshaft as the hole in the rod coupled with the hole in the crankshaft leaves not enough surface area for the oil film to do it's work which will result in even faster crankshaft wear.
Hope this helps.

Steve
Hengfook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post
Hi guys, I have also tried the Speed liner in a V Spec and the engine runs fine but fuel economy will not be as good. The timing on the Speed crankshaft is done to match the advanced exhaust port timing on the Speed liner so when you use a Speed liner on a V Spec crank fuel economy suffers.
I have however used the V Spec liner with a Speed crankshaft and the low speed torque is awsome but again the fuel economy suffers.
Hope this helps.

Steve
Will the fuel economy be any worse than the standard sleeve with the standard crank?
Twisted Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote