R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default sponsership resume

Does anyone have a resume they could email me to use as a guide? My 9 year old finished out this year in 1st in slash spec and 2nd in monster trk in our summer series finals and was thinking of tryin to apply for some sponsership for next year if possible.
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
moparsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On your mama's couch
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

http://www.undergroundrc.com/tuning/....aspx?uID=4288
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
Nice article.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,696
Default

Exactly what I used.
__________________
-TKO Competition Development-Sidewinder Fuel-
Alan D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
Thanks Mopar, Thats perfict.....I'll add all his info and give it a shot...Who knows....For his age he's been doing really well, even in the last rc pro race we went to he beat a couple of the pro drivers..lol he must be thinking driving an rc car is like playing with his x box.....lol
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Euro Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Not trying to be a dick here, but before you send in the resume, make sure you spell check.

Perfect*
Sponsorship*
__________________
Brandon Ryan:
Thank you!
*The Speed Shop*JConcepts*Blue Groove Apparel*Kustom RC Graphics*
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
Not trying to be a dick here, but before you send in the resume, make sure you spell check.

Perfect*
Sponsorship*
lol It's cool, I normally dont use it on here but I deff will on a resume...
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
Not trying to be a dick here, but before you send in the resume, make sure you spell check.

Perfect*
Sponsorship*
It could be iPhone typing I'm guilty of that all the time. The phone spells words incorrectly and I usually miss it.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboger07 View Post
Does anyone have a resume they could email me to use as a guide? My 9 year old finished out this year in 1st in slash spec and 2nd in monster trk in our summer series finals and was thinking of tryin to apply for some sponsership for next year if possible.

IMHO, not trying to be a dik here so no offense, but a 9-year-old first-year driver needs to do more than finishing first in a spec class and second in a not-so-popular class to garner any real attention. What he needs is some experience, and maybe some hands-on working on his own stuff, showing that he's interested in "staying" in the hobby (kids have such a short attention and interest span)...because otherwise it'll just make you look like a parent looking for freebees, and then/if your kid continues to progress sponsors will just blow off any new "resume" to the circular file saying, "oh yeah, that guy."
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Euro Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
It could be iPhone typing I'm guilty of that all the time. The phone spells words incorrectly and I usually miss it.

Yea I am there with you, but the phone usually changes to the proper word. Either way, BOL with the resume! Hopefully you can keep him interested, the hobby is expensive, especially when kids want everything they see, BOL to you two.
__________________
Brandon Ryan:
Thank you!
*The Speed Shop*JConcepts*Blue Groove Apparel*Kustom RC Graphics*
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
IMHO, not trying to be a dik here so no offense, but a 9-year-old first-year driver needs to do more than finishing first in a spec class and second in a not-so-popular class to garner any real attention. What he needs is some experience, and maybe some hands-on working on his own stuff, showing that he's interested in "staying" in the hobby (kids have such a short attention and interest span)...because otherwise it'll just make you look like a parent looking for freebees, and then/if your kid continues to progress sponsors will just blow off any new "resume" to the circular file saying, "oh yeah, that guy."
When the time is right sponsors will come to you. I have 2 partial and they both asked me to joon after seeing performance and how I handle myself both on the track and online too. I have also seen some mfg's tell you to submit applications then it's ok but I use a general rule that it sill happen when it's suppose to trying to force it never works but on the other hand a closed mouth never gets fed. So I guess you will use your own good judgment and feel it out.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
When the time is right sponsors will come to you. I have 2 partial and they both asked me to joon after seeing performance and how I handle myself both on the track and online too. I have also seen some mfg's tell you to submit applications then it's ok but I use a general rule that it sill happen when it's suppose to trying to force it never works but on the other hand a closed mouth never gets fed. So I guess you will use your own good judgment and feel it out.

Ya thats what I'm trying to do frank, to see whats out there, If we don't get one thats ok too well keep racing, I've been in the hobby for going on 30 years, mostly airplanes but my son has really took to racing, like you said it never hurts to ask.....lol
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
mudboger07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
IMHO, not trying to be a dik here so no offense, but a 9-year-old first-year driver needs to do more than finishing first in a spec class and second in a not-so-popular class to garner any real attention. What he needs is some experience, and maybe some hands-on working on his own stuff, showing that he's interested in "staying" in the hobby (kids have such a short attention and interest span)...because otherwise it'll just make you look like a parent looking for freebees, and then/if your kid continues to progress sponsors will just blow off any new "resume" to the circular file saying, "oh yeah, that guy."
No affense takin....lol he does work on the cars with me and does a pretty good job telling me what the cars doing during practice, he's even told me to change tires because the ones we ran 30 minutes before gave him better traction....lol, he has raced his losi 2.0 buggy all year long and is doing very well, but it never hurts to ask so well see...thanks for the info guys....
__________________
Proud Sponsor of a 10 year old.....
losi 8ightB 2.0/DX3S/VSpec* Revo-3.3*mod slash*blade-mcx*axial GC2
Team Nitro** F-14*Team Terribles/Answer-RC

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Salem, MI
Posts: 519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ken - send a copy of your son's resume to me. I am one of the reps for Panther tires. Lets see if there is something I can do for the kid.
teamteapot@gmail.com
__________________
Panther Tires
Wingtote
RCProduct Designs
92zero Designs
jlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,242
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

way to step in for panther!! the kids are the future of this hobby!
__________________
-Ryan Klemme
NemoRacingUSA.com,Beta tires,Agama, Triton Engines, Rocket Graphics, Byron Fuels, RcRenew, Major Art & Hobby, BuKu Products,
Midwest team manager for Nemoracingusa
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanted sponsership mattb Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 10 02-18-2007 08:42 AM
2005/2006 Northwest Onroad Indoor Championship Series Silver Northwest Racers 1402 04-19-2006 12:53 PM
Looking for experienced R/C drivers Jon Williams Electric On-Road 40 09-18-2004 06:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net