Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sponsership resume

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default sponsership resume

Does anyone have a resume they could email me to use as a guide? My 9 year old finished out this year in 1st in slash spec and 2nd in monster trk in our summer series finals and was thinking of tryin to apply for some sponsership for next year if possible.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.undergroundrc.com/tuning/....aspx?uID=4288
Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Nice article.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Exactly what I used.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Mopar, Thats perfict.....I'll add all his info and give it a shot...Who knows....For his age he's been doing really well, even in the last rc pro race we went to he beat a couple of the pro drivers..lol he must be thinking driving an rc car is like playing with his x box.....lol
Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not trying to be a dick here, but before you send in the resume, make sure you spell check.

Perfect*
Sponsorship*
Old 10-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth
Not trying to be a dick here, but before you send in the resume, make sure you spell check.

Perfect*
Sponsorship*
lol It's cool, I normally dont use it on here but I deff will on a resume...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth

Perfect*
Sponsorship*
It could be iPhone typing I'm guilty of that all the time. The phone spells words incorrectly and I usually miss it.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by mudboger07
Does anyone have a resume they could email me to use as a guide? My 9 year old finished out this year in 1st in slash spec and 2nd in monster trk in our summer series finals and was thinking of tryin to apply for some sponsership for next year if possible.

IMHO, not trying to be a dik here so no offense, but a 9-year-old first-year driver needs to do more than finishing first in a spec class and second in a not-so-popular class to garner any real attention. What he needs is some experience, and maybe some hands-on working on his own stuff, showing that he's interested in "staying" in the hobby (kids have such a short attention and interest span)...because otherwise it'll just make you look like a parent looking for freebees, and then/if your kid continues to progress sponsors will just blow off any new "resume" to the circular file saying, "oh yeah, that guy."
Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
It could be iPhone typing I'm guilty of that all the time. The phone spells words incorrectly and I usually miss it.

Yea I am there with you, but the phone usually changes to the proper word. Either way, BOL with the resume! Hopefully you can keep him interested, the hobby is expensive, especially when kids want everything they see, BOL to you two.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
IMHO, not trying to be a dik here so no offense, but a 9-year-old first-year driver needs to do more than finishing first in a spec class and second in a not-so-popular class to garner any real attention. What he needs is some experience, and maybe some hands-on working on his own stuff, showing that he's interested in "staying" in the hobby (kids have such a short attention and interest span)...because otherwise it'll just make you look like a parent looking for freebees, and then/if your kid continues to progress sponsors will just blow off any new "resume" to the circular file saying, "oh yeah, that guy."
When the time is right sponsors will come to you. I have 2 partial and they both asked me to joon after seeing performance and how I handle myself both on the track and online too. I have also seen some mfg's tell you to submit applications then it's ok but I use a general rule that it sill happen when it's suppose to trying to force it never works but on the other hand a closed mouth never gets fed. So I guess you will use your own good judgment and feel it out.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frank L
When the time is right sponsors will come to you. I have 2 partial and they both asked me to joon after seeing performance and how I handle myself both on the track and online too. I have also seen some mfg's tell you to submit applications then it's ok but I use a general rule that it sill happen when it's suppose to trying to force it never works but on the other hand a closed mouth never gets fed. So I guess you will use your own good judgment and feel it out.

Ya thats what I'm trying to do frank, to see whats out there, If we don't get one thats ok too well keep racing, I've been in the hobby for going on 30 years, mostly airplanes but my son has really took to racing, like you said it never hurts to ask.....lol
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
No affense takin....lol he does work on the cars with me and does a pretty good job telling me what the cars doing during practice, he's even told me to change tires because the ones we ran 30 minutes before gave him better traction....lol, he has raced his losi 2.0 buggy all year long and is doing very well, but it never hurts to ask so well see...thanks for the info guys....
Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ken - send a copy of your son's resume to me. I am one of the reps for Panther tires. Lets see if there is something I can do for the kid.
[email protected]
Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

way to step in for panther!! the kids are the future of this hobby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.