Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
XTM X-Terminator new and old differences... >

XTM X-Terminator new and old differences...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XTM X-Terminator new and old differences...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default XTM X-Terminator new and old differences...

I have the older X-Terminator that has been converted to electric by the previous owner using the electric buggy's motor mount and chassis but kept the nitro's front and rear clips. The chassis was filed out in the diff areas to allow the diff carriers to sit flush with the chassis but the screw holes remained unaltered. I recently blew out my rear diff and discovered I can replace the whole clip (arms, diff, tower, wing, etc.) for a good price. However the clip is from the XT-2. There are some visual changes between the two but my question is, will it bolt up to my chassis? I guess the second question would be if the gearing is the same? Bottom line is each clip is $70 which means $140 to do both ends giving me all new parts to use except the center diff.

Just for fun facts, I'm powering this rig with the Novak HV Pro 6.5 setup and it has tremendous power which is why the rear diff failed, I'm sure. I was told the diffs were rebuilt before I got it. They felt smooth but I didn't strip it down to confirm. My guess is he cleaned and regreased it but nothing more.

A diff gear set will run me $15 and I'm not afraid to do only that but the thought of having spare arms and knuckles etc. is comforting. Maybe the price still isn't worth it? Any thoughts?