R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
frank where does he ask about o.s engines? NO WHERE! why does everyone have to steer a thread off the original topic....
So touchy someone needs their nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
Wow dude, just chill out. He was stating that he likes the O.S. speed tuned engines and nothing more.
Its true....I LIKE OS ENGINES. hehehehe
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:46 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the responses. Greatly appreciated!

One more question..

Where does an engine 'lets say a v-spec' lye against an orion motor? Which one is better in everyones opinion? Ive been running a v-spec for quite a while and I personally like it quite a bit. It has HUGE top-end and its pretty powerful. I dont know exactly where the v-specs powerband lies with all the other motors as I havent ran any other .21 motor other than the v-spec.

Once again, all opinions and suggestions are greatly taken into consideration.

-Thanks
Raw power- Orion
Reliability- Vspec
Smoothness-Vspec
Top end- equal
Low end- orion
Fuel mileage-vspec
Ease of break in-orion
Ease of tune-vspec

Basically if you got short mains and you track is very open the Orion would be better. The V-spec is a better engine for longer mains and more technical tracks. If you got a truggy the Orion might be better for a mid sized track but still a V-spec pulled around my very heavy MBX5T all year with more then enough power.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i dont know why people say the orion engines are hard to tune because with the alpha adleast, its simply not true.it tunes just like every other sirio based engine and if you are familar with them its a none issue. personally I think the alpha abi .21 feels and sounds alot like a jammin jpx .21 but is smoother with better run times. I'm very pleased with mine fyi
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I've been running the Alpha .24 in my XT8 and I love it. I'm using a Werks 2013 pipe set and I'm getting 9 minutes on a tank. Thing has all sorts of bottom end and really pulls hard on top too. I didn't think it was that hard to tune.
2fst2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #20
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Unfortunately I haven't run one yet, but my buddy has, and he can wheel a car, so all I can say is that it "RIPS", and sounds cool too..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Unfortunately I haven't run one yet, but my buddy has, and he can wheel a car, so all I can say is that it "RIPS", and sounds cool too..
Thanks man.

I like mine very much. I had Mugen JX Ninja's and Extech's full mod .21 and this thing is great. I took it apart when new and disassembled it to clean and deburr it thoroughly, which I would suggest to any one for any engine. Broke it in on a engine stand and now is close to the 3 gallon mark. The engine just keeps getting better. By this point the V-spec is do for a pinch and or bearings. I know that's when I sent my Ninja's in due to lack of performance.

The thing does have more bottom and just as much top end as my Ninja's. A little to much bottom for a buggy if you drive punched like I do. Now I am trying different carb restrictors to get the power delivery just the way I want.

To this day the thing idles like no other engine I have ever owned. Easy to tune and very reliable. I started one of my races with out a pit guy holding my car in the air. I just drove out and idled on the #1 spot and when the flag was raised I took off, must have idled for 30 sec. while everyone else was fueling their cars. NOW THAT'S reliability you can trust.

When your ready to buy one, pm and I'll shoot you a price. Sean