Wiki Posts
Search

How to apply Kal-Gard Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How to apply Kal-Gard Products

We have add alot of questions on the uses and applications of our products. Here is a run down of what we recommend and what we feel work the best. We will be adding a "RC Page" to the Kalgard.com website soon. Please post any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

De-Greaser: Spray on a dirty vehicle after brushing or knocking off any heavy mud or dirt that did not blow off from an air compressor. Spray the De-Greaser on the front and rear off the car being careful to not spray the engine and electronics. Let the De-Greaser sit for a minute (may need more time for heavy applications) and then blow off with an air hose. Once the area is dry, no residue will remain and the area will be clean. You can now spray with Prep & Shine for that new car look and protection.

Prep & Shine: Once you vehicle is clean, spray Prep & Shine on the entire chassis with a medium coat and use a clean brush to help flow and spread the product in. The product will be completely dry in minutes with a “new car shine” and protection from debris. It is OK to spray on the radio tray with a light coating, but we recommend you use carefully around the braking system. One of the unique features of Prep & Shine is it creates a barrier that helps to protect debris and dirt from adhering to the chassis and allows for quick cleaning with the simple use of an air hose. Prep & Shine is NOT to be used on Lexan.

Contact Cleaner: Use Contact Cleaner in areas where you may have used Nitro Cleaners. You can spray the engine, clean oils off hardware, clean diffs, clean shocks, and anywhere else a quick clean is needed. Also used to clean Wheels and Tires before mounting/glueing.

Foam Filter Oil: Spray Foam Filter Oil onto a clean filter placed into a plastic bag. Work the oil into the filter and then remove and blot the excess out of the filter before installing. Foam Filter Oil will be thinner and easier to work with once it is applied and will eventually tack up after a several minutes for maximum protection.

Foam Filter Cleaner: Spray liberally on any dirty filter element, work out the excess dirt and oil and either blow excess out with an air hose or wash with water then air. Foam Filter Cleaner will not expand the foam is used correctly allowing the extended uses of any foam filter.

30-30: A penetrant and light lubricant that works fast, is harmless to MOST plastics, paints, rubber and metals. 30-30 is perfect for preventing corrosion when salt water or high humidity is a problem. It will end squeaks while loosening rust and providing protection for metal parts.

Chain Clear Coat: We have been using Clear Chain Coat to lube CVD’s. Spray a small “Shot” in the joint and let the lube coat the area. It will go on very thin and penetrate, and then it will dry and thicken to a perfect lube that will not fling off having a unique clear coating. To clean the coating off, just simply spray with some Contact Cleaner.

Last edited by Kalgard Racing; 10-28-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

I recieved a PM on how and when do we use the De-Greaser. If I was only able to pick one product from Kal-Gard, this is my favorite.

I like to keep my buggy clean during race day, mainly for wrenching and it is nice to always have a clean car. During the Heat races through-out the day, I will blow the car off once my Heat is over, because I use the Prep & Shine, the buggy is never really that dirty unless the track is wet and muddy. I take off the wheels and spray a good wet coat of the De-Greaser on the front and rear end of the car. If there is any mud that is stuck to the car, I try and knock that off with a brush, if there is heavy soiled areas I will use a brush to help break it down more and maybe spray some more De-Greaser if needed. Once I let it work in for a minute or so, I will blow the car off the an air hose until it is dry. The great thing about the De-Greaser is it will leave no residue!!!!!!!, it is not harmful to plastics, metals, rubber etc and is Bio Degradeable. The fact is leaves NO residue is nice, it doesn't leave the plastics all chalky and dry like Nitro Clean.

Give it a Shot!!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

on average, how long does a can of de-greaser last?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Depends on the track conditions. Indoor racing.....4 race days easy. Outdoor and dusty offroad. 2-3 race days. Most likey, you will get more, I just share my cans with my buddies and other racers alot.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Alan let me try some of it a while back and it will blow your mind. if i did not see how good it worked i would not have believed it. it is good stuff for sure.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Prep and Shine has been working great on skinned bodies
Old 10-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default hello

were about`s in Australia can this be purchased
Old 10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How about Japan? Can I get it here or can you guys ship to APO?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

For those overseas....I am checking for you and will post back. If you want to PM me you info, that will help me get some answers.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

We have a new dealer in North Georgia:

http://www.daltonrcandraceway.com/

They have a cool track and a well stocked hobby shop, check them out!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

FASTLANE GRAPHIX IS NOW A DEALER.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Here is a updated list of new dealers:

Hobbytown / Columbus OH
Hobbytown / Lexington KY
Ready Rollers Bearings / PA
Fastlane Graphix / IL
Team Helotes
Dalton RC Raceway / GA
Overdose Racing
Team Terribles / Everywhere
The Speed Shop / AL
Trackside Hobbies / MI
White House Hobbies / TN
Coastal Performance / SC - Brandon Melton
Superior Coatings / Grady Jeffery SC
Delta RC Hobbies / Antioch CA

Several new dealers will be posted soon. This is not the complete list, just new dealers that have been added.

Team Drivers for 2010

Ryan Lutz
Nick Catunna
Brandon Melton
Chris Pace
Berry Pettit
Austin Allan
Rob Gleason
Brandon Black
Rick Hess
Jason Burks
Jason Branham
Casey Peck

More to come..........

Last edited by Kalgard Racing; 12-15-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Updated List
Old 12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This product looks interesting, I hate dirty cars, what effect does the cleaner and shiner have on the bearings. thanks Donnie Rodriguez
Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I used Kal-Gard products at the Badlands this past weekend. With all the rain and mud we had, Kal-Gard made clean up and wrenching much more enjoyable! First time I ran I had NO products on my car. It came of fairly "caked up" with mud. I cleaned with the De-Greaser and applied Prep and shine for the next round of pratice...the car came off with very little :caked on" mud and what was there blew right off with the air hose.

Great products and great group of guys.

Thanks for introducing me to the Kal-gard brand..it will be in my race box from now on!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default vid

Why dont you make a youtube video for the people and post the link here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.