Wiki Posts
Search

What are these?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Pope NJ
I am thinking of picking up these three rc's from a guy but know nothing about them can you guys help. The first is a sportwerks mayhem truggy, the second a sportwerks pro buggy, and the third a ofna buggy. anyone know anything about any of these?
I can't speak for the other 2, but the Turmoil Buggy is a rock solid little unit.... very very durable...They may not be up to par with the newer race machines, but they do perform well and as I say they are extremely durable... We have been bashing with several Turmoil Buggies and they have held up fantastic.. Likely the most durable Buggy I have seen short of a Mugen.... As I say for racing they are a little dated ( tho are very stable and would likely be a great starter vehicle ) but they are as tough as nails.... MUch tougher then some of the newer buggies thats for sure...we break the Losi and HB much more then we break the old Turmoil...

Here is a video of my buddy playing around with a Turmoil Buggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI
Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I got another truck off of this guy before and he is a upfront guy. I am sorry I do not have pictures. I know that the truggy isn't even broken in all the way yet. There are a few bump boxes and every rc related thing he has in his garage coming with it. I just don't know anything about these sportwerks vehicals. I know the ofna is a discontuned model so that is just a buggy I will tone down for my son to play with next year.
if they were in new condition your not getting a bad deal although sportwerks are very outdated. i watched a guy this past summer buy a nib turmoil and enjoyed racing it so much that he bought a new losi a month later. by the way the sptwks vehicles are discontinued and hard to get parts as well as the fact that if you sell a complete i doubt a guy could get $100 for there used rtr. not knocking just stating facts.

i have ran more than just losi buggys and drive what i prefer as well as parts avaliability, losi normally cant be beat for a beginner racer as well as seasoned pro. there are other great choice bugs out there but this thread is aimed towards getting on the track easily and losi rtr can help do just that reliably.

whatever choice you make i hope you enjoy.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
I can't speak for the other 2, but the Turmoil Buggy is a rock solid little unit.... very very durable...They may not be up to par with the newer race machines, but they do perform well and as I say they are extremely durable... We have been bashing with several Turmoil Buggies and they have held up fantastic.. Likely the most durable Buggy I have seen short of a Mugen.... As I say for racing they are a little dated ( tho are very stable and would likely be a great starter vehicle ) but they are as tough as nails.... MUch tougher then some of the newer buggies thats for sure...we break the Losi and HB much more then we break the old Turmoil...

Here is a video of my buddy playing around with a Turmoil Buggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qi_ImnmgI
your vid crossed my mind tib. iv had one there good just heavy.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 8&stuff
MY buddy bought one NIB for like $100.00 this spring...more for a gag then anything else.... However after running it all season, and beating on it mercilessly its only broken 1 control arm.... I never thought much of the product before, but after seeing how much abuse it took its hard not to say good things......I means its not anything too special compared to modern race machines, but for a fun basher machine I highly recomend it.....
Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 8&stuff
MY buddy bought one NIB for like $100.00 this spring...more for a gag then anything else.... However after running it all season, and beating on it mercilessly its only broken 1 control arm.... I never thought much of the product before, but after seeing how much abuse it took its hard not to say good things......I means its not anything too special compared to modern race machines, but for a fun basher machine I highly recomend it..... I should add that durability is a huge factor for me, I tend to abuse my vehicles and I hate wrenching.... So I will take a slight loss of overall performance in exchange for increased durability....
Old 10-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
MY buddy bought one NIB for like $100.00 this spring...more for a gag then anything else.... However after running it all season, and beating on it mercilessly its only broken 1 control arm.... I never thought much of the product before, but after seeing how much abuse it took its hard not to say good things......I means its not anything too special compared to modern race machines, but for a fun basher machine I highly recomend it..... I should add that durability is a huge factor for me, I tend to abuse my vehicles and I hate wrenching.... So I will take a slight loss of overall performance in exchange for increased durability....
kind of interesting and never really thought about it before but you put those mod mills in a light buggy might show how uncontrollable they really are lol

when i bought my turmoil rtr same time i bought my 8t rtr i just had trouble noticing the difference in handling and i went right out a week later and got an 8 bug. they are both a horizon product
Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Thanks guys sounds like these are a no go than. I was never planing on racing these ones that is what the D8 and D8t are going to be for just figured they could be some cheep bashers but if I can't get parts than that is a no. I bash my stuff hard and it doesn't matter how well it is made I will run it and keep going bigger till the thing breaks beyond what I can fix in the field than call it a day. I love wrenching on my trucks almost as much as I love driving them so I am not so worried about the wrench time.

Thank you guys you have saved me a 500 dollar pile of rc parts I won't be able to fix after they break.

Just as a side note what do you guys think of the D8 and D8T? The plan is to run modded picco .21's in each of them just want to make sure they will hold up to that kind of power. I have heard no complaints about them as of yet just wanted to ask.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Losi bandwagon...... Well, you tell me what new quality buggy can you get for $700 complete? LOSI - What buggy can you go to just about EVERY LHS in the good ole USofA and get support for? LOSI.
So bandwagon. When I first started it was LHS who sold me on LOSI and I am glad I went that way.

well said Token.

Its a Fact of Life that Losi is On top of the game currently.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys sounds like these are a no go than. I was never planing on racing these ones that is what the D8 and D8t are going to be for just figured they could be some cheep bashers but if I can't get parts than that is a no. I bash my stuff hard and it doesn't matter how well it is made I will run it and keep going bigger till the thing breaks beyond what I can fix in the field than call it a day. I love wrenching on my trucks almost as much as I love driving them so I am not so worried about the wrench time.

Thank you guys you have saved me a 500 dollar pile of rc parts I won't be able to fix after they break.

Just as a side note what do you guys think of the D8 and D8T? The plan is to run modded picco .21's in each of them just want to make sure they will hold up to that kind of power. I have heard no complaints about them as of yet just wanted to ask.
The HB driveline does have soem issues, but guys are solving the issue by using either Kyosho or Mugen shafts..
Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my buddy just broke one in on his d8t and that thing hauls ass!

you will be happy with all of your selections
Old 10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

So you're going to run buggy and truggy classes? Whew, I'm getting tired just thinking about it, LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
So you're going to run buggy and truggy classes? Whew, I'm getting tired just thinking about it, LOL

I race both classes, hard to do ? A little ,but a so much more fun. Plus if somethign goes wrong with one, i still have a chance in the other class .

Would your friend be willing to let just one of them go ? You can always find parts on eBay if needed. If the price is right picking up one just for some fun might not be a bad thing.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Well I don't know I want the option to run whatever. I am running a MT right now I converted to a racer w/ a picco .26 but that is being changed to a modded picco 28 soon.

I figure I will have them all and than what ever one I like best I will race and bash the others.

No way I have time to do even two of them on race day.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Madbrad
I race both classes, hard to do ? A little ,but a so much more fun. Plus if somethign goes wrong with one, i still have a chance in the other class .

Would your friend be willing to let just one of them go ? You can always find parts on eBay if needed. If the price is right picking up one just for some fun might not be a bad thing.
No he want's to sell it all in one shot or not at all.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmm... my take on it.

First, realize that Sportwerks is NOT "top tier." However, it is the same manufacturer as Losi.

Were they RTR? If so, and if they come with the Sportwerks .26 v2 engine in both, that is a GREAT engine. (Basically the same as the Losi Mach 427)

I wish I could get my hands on some- best bang for the buck I ever found, even if they are a little thirsty. Not as powerful as a true race engine... but I know someone who ran one at the nationals a year ago... so it can't be too bad, huh?

Second... go price an M11. About $250.

If you're just getting into the sport, those are OK vehicles, and the radio (M11) is absolutely top notch. My favorite radio EVER. (I actually run an M8- the M11 is an updated radio based on the M8)

Third... parts: I think some Mugen stuff fits... and the diffs are Losi 8ight diffs. (yeah, they have a different name on them... it's the same parts, inside and out, but the ring and pinions are different.)

$500 is a lot of money for used equipment, so it depends on what all comes with it... if you can give us a detailed list that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.