Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which is better?? - HYPER 9 version A/B?   or   LOSI EIGHT 2.0 BUGGY?- NEED HELP FAST >

Which is better?? - HYPER 9 version A/B? or LOSI EIGHT 2.0 BUGGY?- NEED HELP FAST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better?? - HYPER 9 version A/B? or LOSI EIGHT 2.0 BUGGY?- NEED HELP FAST

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which is better?? - HYPER 9 version A/B? or LOSI EIGHT 2.0 BUGGY?- NEED HELP FAST

come on people, id like to hear from owners - any known problems etc...

our uk forums are S**T, plenty of views and no replys for hours.

Come on guys help me out.. thanks
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

i mainly need which ever is quickest on a track, that includes Astro Turf or Grass/dust..

thanks again... . PLEASE HELP
Old 10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC8B
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

you are gonna get many different opinions and mainly people saying they like theirs and being never driven the other. i know that losi has a bad wear issue on the CVD's from personal experience. i dont know much about the hyper 9
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
RC8B
whats the difference with the RC8 B and normal RC8, whats meant to be the going rate for a normal RC8, confused as im finding some for 390 and then 1 shop with them for £200 on sale..
Old 10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by htcurt
whats the difference with the RC8 B and normal RC8, whats meant to be the going rate for a normal RC8, confused as im finding some for 390 and then 1 shop with them for £200 on sale..
its pretty much just like the losi 8ight 1.0 and 2.0. there are just improvements from the origional rc8 and the rc8b is a blue theme. has aluminum blue anodized shocktowers and a bunch of other things. i run a losi but im about to switch to a kyosho because a friend of mine let me run his and i loved how it drove and the turning raduis. it was crazy! maybe even look into one of those. i think they are listed for 590 on amain.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

out of the 2 that you have picked you are gonna be better off with the losi, only thing i didnt care for when i was using the losi how they wore out quicker then i was used to with the other cars i have driven
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IMO CVD wear depends on how you maintain/lube your bones and how you drive the buggy...i cant honestly say the wear is 1/2 as bad as what some make it out to be....Slop is your friend in 1/8 offroad.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Out of the two you picked.....Losi.

But your on European style tracks with grass and astro turf? Xray has a metric ton of pro setups posted on their site for those kinds of tracks. They have 1 driver in the USSA, and about 100 in Europe.

As far as pins, can't you just drive out the Losi dog bone pins and replace them. New round pins wear outdrives slower than worn flat pins. Allways replace your pins before they're noticably worn and your expensive outdrives will last alot longer.

I know Mugen and Xray pins are similar, I don't know if the they fit Losi. The Xray pins are really hard/strong but the Mugens are easier to find in stock.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Out of the two you picked.....Losi.

But your on European style tracks with grass and astro turf? Xray has a metric ton of pro setups posted on their site for those kinds of tracks. They have 1 driver in the USSA, and about 100 in Europe.

As far as pins, can't you just drive out the Losi dog bone pins and replace them. New round pins wear outdrives slower than worn flat pins. Allways replace your pins before they're noticably worn and your expensive outdrives will last alot longer.

I know Mugen and Xray pins are similar, I don't know if the they fit Losi. The Xray pins are really hard/strong but the Mugens are easier to find in stock.

A-main now has both mugen and xray in stock and i know for a fact the mugen's fit the losi bone's...ive been pressing bones for quite some time now.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Well if the Mugens fit then the mighty Xray bling bling pins should work as well.

Xray got a bit carried away with thier pins, rounded edges,crazy hard steel, polished chrome finish. Just can't seem to find them on Amain.

Also the Losi has a front smart diff option thats a nice tuning option. I wonder if they have an overdrive front diff ring gear available?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A lot of top European drivers have gone Losi in the last 6-12 months. Losi is taking over the world.

Believe it or not, the 8ight 2.0 is outrageous.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Didnt the Hyper9 finish in the top 5 at the nitro world champs last week? To me that would mean it can run with anything, another good buggy is mugen
Old 10-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say Hyper 9, thats my car, go with the A version front end and 4x4 chassis is a must, the car had some issues, but have since been sorted out. If you have the cash get the full loaded GL version.
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=6767
Both buggies are deadly in the right hands
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The problem with Ofna in my experience is they put out so many different buggies so quickly, that the hobby shops around me don't even bother carrying parts. They do however have walls full of Losi parts. Basically everything to build an 8ight is hanging on the wall in little bags.

Bonus, if you try dirt oval racing (which is a blast... I was skeptical), the L8ight is the most popular late model platform and you don't have to buy 2 sets of backup parts between your two cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.